Original MIDI files for you to play with *UPDATED AGAIN*

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
LewkForce

Re: Original MIDI files for you to play with

Post by LewkForce »

I am currently in the process of converting all of them into WAV files (approximately 2/3 of the way done). I might just make it one big zip file with the lossless audio, as I probably won't have the time to convert them into MP3's. I might, though. But count on the WAVs to be available soon well before the possibility of MP3.
LewkForce

Re: Original MIDI files for you to play with

Post by LewkForce »

Hmm, in hindsight, it's probably a lot better to upload them as MP3's. The WAVs are going to turn out to be nearly 2GB. That being said, which bitrate for MP3 do you think would be better - 320 or 192? 320 would probably cut the zip file size down to around 300MB or 192 would cut it down to around 200MB (these are estimates) with some noticeable differences in audio quality. Either way, it'll probably add a few days to my projected release of Monday (6/4/18).
LewkForce

Re: Original MIDI files for you to play with *UPDATED*

Post by LewkForce »

I was able to update the files to MP3 format, if you're interested. The original MIDI file link should still work if you want it, but here are the 256kbps MP3s: *NOTE* PLEASE SEE LATEST POSTS FOR CURRENT LINK
https://nofile.io/f/hBgZCs93xA0/LewkFor ... 060518.zip

This is how I heard the tracks back in 2006, as I created them. It took a fucking TON of work to get the voicing right for each one. I omitted only one track because I couldn't re-configure it correctly (Trigger Finger). However, if for whatever reason the links fail, please feel free to e-mail me at my personal email - lukeseiwert@gmail.com

Again, they are in 256kpbs - the file itself is around 300MB. If you want the lossless WAV audio for any reason, let me know.

I have worked for WEEKS on this, I hope you all can enjoy!
Last edited by LewkForce on Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
LewkForce

Post by LewkForce »

Just wanted to make a note about the track names. Most of them are correlated to the track's influences. I would say most are related to describing more of the atmosphere in my mind of where a track might fit best (example: "Gat out of Hell"), and some are shout-outs to bands I was influenced by at the time (example: "Filtered Peaches"). While there are a few names of tracks that might seem kind of "fringe", that's probably due to having it as an original title that just stuck.

I'm always re-listening to this tracks and have become more and more inspired to get back into the MIDI composition game again.

I also understand that I should probably put up a few "sample" tracks so that way people don't have to dedicate themselves to a 300MB file in order to find out what it's all about. Hell, I might even upload all of them since they're free anyway. I just gotta find the time.
LewkForce

Post by LewkForce »

My hyperlinks from earlier posts have expired, so please feel free to e-mail me at my personal account which is: lukeseiwert@gmail.com if you are interested. Also, there are some tracks made available on my YouTube - just search for LewkForce and you should find them easily.

I will comply at my earliest convenience via e-mail if you need.

*NOTE* PLEASE SEE LATEST POSTS FOR CURRENT LINK TO THE MIDI PACK DOWNLOAD
Last edited by LewkForce on Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Jimmy »

Consider using Dropbox or perhaps Google Drive for a more permanent place to upload the zip file with everything you've done.

By the way, I used "Checkmate" in a map I made recently! Check the GZDoom mapset "Verse Hopper" and go to E3M9. :)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/99xkbvhf3 ... p.pk3/file
LewkForce

Post by LewkForce »

Jimmy wrote:Consider using Dropbox or perhaps Google Drive for a more permanent place to upload the zip file with everything you've done.

By the way, I used "Checkmate" in a map I made recently! Check the GZDoom mapset "Verse Hopper" and go to E3M9. :)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/99xkbvhf3 ... p.pk3/file
Awesome! I will definitely check it out. Thanks!

And yes, I plan on uploading to DropBox in the next day or two. I'll update as soon as it's done. :)

*EDIT* PLEASE SEE LATEST POSTS FOR CURRENT STABLE LINK
Last edited by LewkForce on Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
LewkForce

Post by LewkForce »

Jimmy, I'm having a great time with playing the community-made mapset which includes yours. I have made it to E3M4 on UV as of last night and I'm REALLY impressed by the creators' level designs. I am not part of the Verse Hopper Discord, so please let them know I'm ecstatic about the mapset when you can!

I will see if I can get ahold of Mr. Icarus to feature the mapset on his Doom Mod Madness. Some of these levels are outright amazing and could even me made into their own single-map pack.

Once I get to E3M9, I'll let you know. Cheers!
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Jimmy »

Glad you're enjoying it, I'll let them know! :D I forget where the secret exit to E3M9 actually is in the set, but if you don't find it legitimately then I won't be too broken up if you just IDCLEV to the map, heh.
LewkForce

Post by LewkForce »

Jimmy,

I just picked up where I left off a couple of weeks ago and completed your level. To be honest, I got all the way to E3M7 on that initial playthrough, but after seeing your response I just decided to go into the console on GZDoom and changemap E3M9 (I was too eager to play yours). And wow, that was a doozy at UV! Took a lot of willpower and about 45 minutes (and trial-and-error) to finally take down that CD and exit. Well, those freaking revenants and arch-viles everywhere definitely ate up a lot of my health and ammo, dammit! :P That level overall definitely kept to a very Romero theme, I think. I love the lava flowing down the walls and the super-Hellish aesthetic was very well done. I had a lot of fun with it and will be keeping an eye on some of your other works, definitely!
SamotnyOgorek
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by SamotnyOgorek »

Seems like the links are down. Would you mind reuploading the pack to another mirror, like mediafire, mega or google drive? Would be a more stable link for sure :D
LewkForce

Post by LewkForce »

SamotnyOgorek wrote:Seems like the links are down. Would you mind reuploading the pack to another mirror, like mediafire, mega or google drive? Would be a more stable link for sure :D
I have uploaded them to MediaFire. My apologies this didn't happen sooner, but better late than never, right?

MIDI tracks: http://www.mediafire.com/file/9832s8g5x ... I.zip/file

MP3s of MIDI tracks: http://www.mediafire.com/file/6nkfuoenk ... 8.zip/file

These are the zip files only. If you want a personal set of files, please e-mail me or respond below and I will be happy to assist. I have quite a few videos posted above already of certain tracks on YouTube (you can also rip the audio if you want using a third-party site). The MP3s are in 256k format, but if you wish them in a higher quality format (320+ or WAV, for example) I will accommodate per request. My hope is that creators can use these and I want both my content and myself to be as open and available as possible. If you have any issues or concerns, I will be happy to address them.

Thanks. :)
SamotnyOgorek
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Original MIDI files for you to play with *UPDATED AGAIN*

Post by SamotnyOgorek »

Thanks a lot man! These will definitely come in handy :wink:
LewkForce

Re: Original MIDI files for you to play with *UPDATED AGAIN*

Post by LewkForce »

SamotnyOgorek wrote:Thanks a lot man! These will definitely come in handy :wink:
Sure thing, glad to be of service! Please keep me informed of any of your creations, as well. :) If you want to credit me, that would be awesome. If not, I'm more than happy to share what I have with you and the community nonetheless. Oh, and Happy New Year! Cheers! :D

Return to “Resources”