[Sprites][Sounds][Actors] Diablo bestiary storage

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Void Weaver

Re: [Sprites][Sounds][Actors] Diablo bestiary storage

Post by Void Weaver »

irontusk341 wrote:Are Diablo 3 sprites too incompatible to be used? i thought about adding like "corrupted angels, or something, or just use variants of sprites that i have"
Well, AFAIK Di 3 have model graphic base:
It's "2.5D", as in 3d models with fixed isometric angles, meant to reduce overall polygon count.
Diablo 3 is in 3D - it's just that your view is locked.
So work with Di 3 resources assume that it will be work with models and skins instead of sprites. That's first.
The second thing - I dunno tools that can work with Di 3 sources, but sure it are exist somewhere.
And finaly, IMHO it would be sux looking in Doom\Heretic\Hexen mods, even worth than sprites of Di 1,2 ones.

Btw, there are _D1_Succubus_Actor for request of one dude. 8-) Just evasive ranged enemy with a 50% chance to shoot seeker missile, and ability to goes enraged - faster shooting when wounded. Zandro incompatible, unless you "unpack" actions from anonymous functions at least.
Image Image
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by irontusk341 »

always loved their death sound... makes me wonder where the devs in blizzard got that soundbite from lol
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

I tried making the Griswald Actor from scratch using the images you uploaded... He can idle, but thats about all he could do (i had to use the undead griswald images since there was no Diablo 1 friendly sprites)... Scripting complex sprites is still a challenge for me.. :)

Edit 1/21/2020: After Trial and Error, i added Haephesto and Balrog sprites to my project and they seem to work ok so far..
Attachments
gris.jpg
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Void Weaver wrote:Again, by request can be extracted cows with Halberd and Bardiche also.

Next will be Meph. :oops: Honestly.
I made a full script of the Frozen horror Sprite from Diablo 2's Lord of Destruction Act 5. Which can be found here.. Feel Free to Let me know Void Weaver if theres any issues.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/t3jdrkmq ... H.wad/file
Attachments
FH3.jpg
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

i've been trying to extract Deckard Cain myself and ran into issues and i think im doing this blindly...

Return to “Resources”