Page 2 of 4

Re: [Sprites][Sounds][Actors] Diablo bestiary storage

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:50 am
by Void Weaver
Yeah, I like these beasts too. Sooooo...

... an NEW ENTRY has arrived. Blood Lord aka Frenzytaur sprites w sfx and actor. All information about his abilities laid into INFO lump.

As usual, you can grab it from the "Monster-ACTOR wads" spoiler section of the first post. Yep, they are incredibly fast, so don't allow them to wind-up to 4th-6th Frenzy levels. :E

Link to D1_Zombies_sfx was fixed.

The next release will be Regurgitator, Meph or Andy wad probably.

Re: [Sprites][Sounds][Actors] Diablo bestiary storage

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:03 am
by irontusk341
Void Weaver wrote:Yeah, I like these beasts too. Sooooo...

... an NEW ENTRY has arrived. Blood Lord aka Frenzytaur sprites w sfx and actor. All information about his abilities laid into INFO lump.

As usual, you can grab it from the "Monster-ACTOR wads" spoiler section of the first post. Yep, they are incredibly fast, so don't allow them to wind-up to 4th-6th Frenzy levels. :E

Link to D1_Zombies_sfx was fixed.

The next release will be Regurgitator, Meph or Andy wad probably.

Got this error in Zandronum 3.0
Script error, "diablo.pk3:_d2_frenzytaur actor (summon fr).wad:DECORATE" line 88:
Call to unknown function 'CountInv'
and
Unknown identifier 'SXF_TRANSFERSPRITEFRAME' for 58 lines.

Im gonna try to see what i can fix on it to get it to work... it works great in Gzdoom, and deadly ;)

Re: [Sprites][Sounds][Actors] Diablo bestiary storage

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:52 am
by irontusk341
Got rid of the Errors.
It runs on Zandronum now, and his frenzy works good... although when he hits me, i dont get a hit sound, i tried adding swordhit to custommeleeattack's play sound but i still dont hear it... ill keep working on it.. but for now it works! :)

Re: [Sprites][Sounds][Actors] Diablo bestiary storage

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:30 pm
by Void Weaver
irontusk341 wrote:Got this error in Zandronum 3.0
irontusk341 wrote:Got rid of the Errors.
I already told you that sweety Zandro is quite capricious to DECORATE coding, therefore I haven't any plans for providing Zandro compatibility because "fixing" for Zandro can break a some cool ideas, at least with my current DECORATE skill.
irontusk341 wrote:... it works great in Gzdoom
But yes, I always test my code on latest GZDoom. :)

Anyway, my resources are share for everyone who will want it, and moreover Diablo 3D IS YOUR mod, so you can modify any actor as you want. Just don't delete initial CREDITS lump from wad. But if you manage to adapt for Zandro a some code-massive actors without much crippling, then it a really respectful achievement I think.

irontusk341 wrote:Script error, "diablo.pk3:_d2_frenzytaur actor (summon fr).wad:DECORATE" line 88:
Call to unknown function 'CountInv'
and
Unknown identifier 'SXF_TRANSFERSPRITEFRAME' for 58 lines.
What about this two errors if you still interested ofc, then stay awhile and listen. :)

A_JumpIf(CountInv("Frenzy1,2,3...6") == 0, "See") - it essential line for Frenzy buff, without it Frenzy never drops. But I did place in code a some alternative solution: each similar line can be replaced by these two (also it twice commented for tips)
Code: Select allExpand view
A_JumpIfInventory ("Frenzy1,2,3...6",1,2) //equivalent of MLWL A 0 A_JumpIf(CountInv("Frenzy2") == 0, "See")
A_Jump (256, "See") //equivalent of MLWL A 0 A_JumpIf(CountInv("Frenzy2") == 0, "See")
I hope that it can be accepted by Zandro. But looks that you already notice it. ;)

SXF_TRANSFERSPRITEFRAME - is flag which provides "post-images" for blured trail effect and have only aestethic sence. Unfortunately I dunno how it can be replaced for Zandro, seems that it should be destroyed, while GZDoom even allows turn this effect off without code destruction. Actually I had commented it too. Btw, if you decide to nerf Frenzytaur's max speed, then the best choice is at beginning - to delete or block-// this line: "TNT1 A 0 A_SetSpeed (20)", it cutoff speed cap instantly by 5 points.

Re: [Sprites][Sounds][Actors] Diablo bestiary storage

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:22 pm
by irontusk341
Im looking a viable replacement for the Maulotaurs as Hell Bovines.. it kills the Frame rate if theres more than a few. Any ideas?

Re: [Sprites][Sounds][Actors] Diablo bestiary storage

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:35 pm
by Ichor
Well, the original hell bovines were melee only, so you could make a modified maulotaur that only has the melee attack. The cow king has that lightning enchanted effect though.

Re: [Sprites][Sounds][Actors] Diablo bestiary storage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:23 am
by Void Weaver
irontusk341 wrote:Im looking a viable replacement for the Maulotaurs as Hell Bovines.. it kills the Frame rate if theres more than a few. Any ideas?
Already done! Hell Bovines sprites w sfx and actor has arrived.

And moreover it's a Cow King actor instead with
Ichor wrote:lightning enchanted effect
AND Lightning Aura!

Image Image


As usual, you can grab it from the "Monster-ACTOR wads" spoiler section of the first post.

For common cows just read notes into INFO lump inside of wad. Since I have know now how to write damaging auras, I'll try to write frosty Duriel too. :) But I need to fix a few flaws of aura code.

Re: [Sprites][Sounds][Actors] Diablo bestiary storage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:48 am
by irontusk341
oh snap! :)

Re: [Sprites][Sounds][Actors] Diablo bestiary storage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:01 pm
by Void Weaver
Again, by request can be extracted cows with Halberd and Bardiche also.

Next will be Meph. :oops: Honestly.

Re: [Sprites][Sounds][Actors] Diablo bestiary storage

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:45 pm
by Void Weaver
Just a some extras, D2 portals:

_D2_Portals_Naturally_Transparent.JPG
Portal Blue w sfx
Portal Red w sfx
There are different portal sprites actually, aren't just re-colored. OP links has been also updated.

Re: [Sprites][Sounds][Actors] Diablo bestiary storage

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:20 am
by Void Weaver
_D2_Mephisto_CommonMode.JPG
_D2_Mephisto_PowerMode.JPG


As usual, you can grab it from the "Monster-ACTOR wads" spoiler section of the first post.

Re: [Sprites][Sounds][Actors] Diablo bestiary storage

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:14 am
by Void Weaver
Meph actor was revamped and reuploaded: some balancing editings + Poison Cloud fix + major revamping of Blizzard's damage source (Meph isn't vulnerable to own Blizzard anymore!)

Btw, after Blzd revamping its can be easily adopted for player:

Re: [Sprites][Sounds][Actors] Diablo bestiary storage

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:33 pm
by irontusk341
Void Weaver wrote:Meph actor was revamped and reuploaded: some balancing editings + Poison Cloud fix + major revamping of Blizzard's damage source (Meph isn't vulnerable to own Blizzard anymore!)

Btw, after Blzd revamping its can be easily adopted for player:


doh! lol i just got the old mephisto Zandronum friendly too. haha

Re: [Sprites][Sounds][Actors] Diablo bestiary storage

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:19 am
by Void Weaver
Grats, but keep in mind that old Meph will suffer from his own Blizzard, unless he's totally resistant to Ice ofc.

Re: [Sprites][Sounds][Actors] Diablo bestiary storage

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:42 am
by irontusk341
Void Weaver wrote:Grats, but keep in mind that old Meph will suffer from his own Blizzard, unless he's totally resistant to Ice ofc.


i set his damagefactor "ICE", 0.0