Jurassic Park (Super Nintendo)

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Bren

Jurassic Park (Super Nintendo)

Post by Bren »

Been recreating the sprites from the interior portions of Ocean's Jurassic Park.

I'm not sure if I can handle trying to get all of the wall/door textures, but I should be able to swing everything else. I'll update as I complete more.

Projectiles:

Items:

Puzzle Pieces:

Level Decor 1:

Level Decor 2:

Level Decor 3:

Velociraptor:

Dilophosaurus:

Elevator Tileset:

Visitor's Centre Tileset:

Restaurant/Kitchen Tileset:

Utility Shed/Raptor Pen Tileset:

Ship Tileset:

Control Room Tileset:

Raptor Nest Tileset:
Last edited by Bren on Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:48 am, edited 10 times in total.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Jurassic Park (Super Nintendo)

Post by Kinsie »

Lookin' good so far!

Hopefully this encourages some clever codey-type to dismantle the ROM and get the actual assets.
Mr.Enchanter

Post by Mr.Enchanter »

Did the original game look like Wolfenstein?
Bren

Post by Bren »

Indeed it did.

Bren

Post by Bren »

Update: as far as I can tell, all of the items/pick-ups and world objects/decor are accounted for.

Daunting tasks ahead ... dinosaur enemy frames and textures of walls/doors.
Bren

Post by Bren »

Started on a smattering of wall/door textures.
Ravick

Post by Ravick »

Oh, man! I hope you can make the dino rotation sprites! :o
Dude27th

Post by Dude27th »

Omg ! :0 I was working in a project using assets from this game some years ago ! I think I have some screen caps (in the original resolution with no filters) which could be useful for some t-Rex rotations
Bren

Post by Bren »

Finally made some updates. Mainly the utility shed and ship sets.
PRIMEVAL

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Niiiiice! I've always wanted to work on a Jurassic Park inspired mod, maybe this can help kickstart the idea.
Exeor

Post by Exeor »

Awesome pack! This game was a nightmare fuel for me when I was a child, especially those dark areas.

I don't know if you have finished with the sprite sheet, but I remember that the Velociraptor had some walking left and right sprites too.
Bren

Post by Bren »

Ship tileset finished, Control Room and Raptor Nest sets added.

I think that's a wrap! As far as I know that's everything from the first-person sections of the game (except dinos).
Exeor wrote:I don't know if you have finished with the sprite sheet, but I remember that the Velociraptor had some walking left and right sprites too.
I don't think I'll be able to do any more of the Velociraptor frames.
  • My method of recreating these requires a nice clean screengrab close to the object/wall -- and when the player gets too close to a velociraptor it stops walking and starts lunging.
  • The side-frames of the 'raptor are 1:1 in height but are stretched 1:2 (I think) in width. It's tough for me to figure out exactly what columns of pixels are the duplicated/stretched lines of pixels.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Whoa, these were all from SCREENSHOTS? Impressive! And also perhaps a little bit terrifying.
Dude27th

Post by Dude27th »

Bren wrote:Ship tileset finished, Control Room and Raptor Nest sets added.

I think that's a wrap! As far as I know that's everything from the first-person sections of the game (except dinos).
Exeor wrote:I don't know if you have finished with the sprite sheet, but I remember that the Velociraptor had some walking left and right sprites too.
I don't think I'll be able to do any more of the Velociraptor frames.
  • My method of recreating these requires a nice clean screengrab close to the object/wall -- and when the player gets too close to a velociraptor it stops walking and starts lunging.
  • The side-frames of the 'raptor are 1:1 in height but are stretched 1:2 (I think) in width. It's tough for me to figure out exactly what columns of pixels are the duplicated/stretched lines of pixels.
Awesome work! :DD
And yeah I have the same issue some years ago while trying to getting those sprites , there's a velociraptor of the third floor I think of the Visitor Center that would be a good chance if you aren't checking it alrady, and there's clearly a range in which they detect the player and start running directly at you :/
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

There's now a disassembly of the game that you can use to pull all the game's contents into individual files for your examination. Just throw a headerless v1.0 ROM into the JP/ASARScripts folder, rename it to JP.SFC, and run the ExtractAssets batch file.

Problem is, you'll probably still need a ZSNES (or ZMZ) savestate to get the proper palettes, and - more pressingly for this thread - I haven't figured out how to view anything in the "Textures" folder, which covers pretty much everything in the 3D sections. Any ideas?

Return to “Resources”