Unreal/UT99 music

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Unreal/UT99 music

Post by Rachael »

This thread may eventually become a "Rachael's Resource Shoppe" but for now since I only have one resource it's dedicated to one thing.

For now, this is just the music from Unreal 1 / Unreal Tournament '99. Link is here.

Here and here are previews of the tracks. GZDoom can read these straight from the archive as-is (they are in s3m format) - hopefully there are no plans to remove the module player when going GPL. :P
Gez

Re: Unreal/UT99 music

Post by Gez »

The DUMB license shouldn't cause real issues, so foo_DUMB is going to stay. The DUMB license is actually worth a read: http://dumb.sourceforge.net/index.php?page=licences
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Love me some UT99 music. :ugeek:
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

The music in those games was amazing. Good resource, thanks.

There is something a bit weird about at least one track that you provided. At least one ("BeyondTheSun") seems to not be in s3m format. I *think* it's an ogg vorbis file with a s3m extension.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

You're right - so it is. That must've come from Unreal's 227i patch.

UnrealEd unfortunately can't discriminate file formats, so when I extracted the tracks from it, I just used the filenames it suggested for each one of them and then stuck them into a folder and zipped them.
Good resource, thanks.
Thank you - and also, you're welcome. :)

Return to “Resources”