[Resource] H.U.R.L.

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Reactor

[Resource] H.U.R.L.

Post by Reactor »

Many forum members gave me tons of help, and now it's high time to return these favors. This time, I have something completely different for you. Behold - I give you the resources of the PC game H.U.R.L.

Game: H.U.R.L. (aka "The Slob Zone")
Developer: Millenium Media Group
Year: 1995
Genre: First person shooter
Type: Standard rip
Ripped by: Reactor
Resources type: Textures, enemies, static objects, effects
Resources format: Paletted GIF
Number of files in archive: 660

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3QNH ... zFJdGtRb00

In the past few months, I've noticed that many people are longing for cartoonish and funny kind of resources, and during these months, I unsuccesfully tried to rip these from H.U.R.L. This game uses an extremely obsolete archive format, not to mention that it does not really have ONE resource file - it actually stores graphics, effects, enemies etc. in the level files themselves :shock: I don't know what were they thinking, but okay...
Main thing is, this was a particularly tough nut to crack, and still, I refused to give up. This stuff was simply too hilarious, and a tantalizing task for me. Eventually I could decode the file extensions, and found all the resources which can be useful to you, especially because it's not unpaletted PNG but paletted GIF graphics, which are a joy to work with for the fans of the good ol'days gone by. All graphics size are 64×64, much like Wolfenstein 3D resources (this gave me the impression that H.U.R.L. actually uses a Wolf3D-based engine), and the transparent color here is black.

Unlike most Doom resources, these graphics are bright and lively, and could perfectly fit in a cartoonish-themed mod (Doom Golden Souls maybe?). I didn't make any modifications on them, but since I don't really plan to use any of these, you can do whatever you want with them.

As for the game itself...well...I wrote about this game back then, and you really should read the review before touching it: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=49228&p=911804
In case you don't feel like, in a nutshell, I'd say it's a totally messed-up concept. Some fucknuggets thought it'd be an "awsum" idea to come up with a non-violent FPS game about cleanliness, and this abomination was the result. It's short, meaningless, and is plagued by several glitches as well. The music is funny though, and the fun factor is actually better than Grezzo or Glassyman maps. So there you have it: not a horrendously catastrophic game, but rather a boring, lame, unenjoyable piece of garbage. It WILL make you hurl, nomen est omen.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [Resource] H.U.R.L.

Post by Kinsie »

I wanted this for something or other many years ago, and I can't remember what for now. Thanks anyway!
Reactor

Re: [Resource] H.U.R.L.

Post by Reactor »

If I could take out the resources earlier (apart from hard ripping), I would have done it years ago, believe you me... :?

Return to “Resources”