[INV ITEM][resource] quick travel thingie

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
ramon.dexter
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

[INV ITEM][resource] quick travel thingie

Post by ramon.dexter »

Hi all, while working on my project I created this little thingie. It can be used as fast travel thing in large maps. How it works? When used, it places a teleportDest with unique ID and gives player new item. The new item calls a script that teleports player back to teleportDest with unique ID, changes the teleportDest id to zero and removes little beacon, placed by first use. So it could be used as a disc of repulsion, but player has to set destination first. So I can imagine player using this to place a beacon before going to big fight, or something like that. It suit better new maps or TC's. ACS is made as a library, loaded by LOADACS, so it is fully standalone.

Spriting: modified Strife sprites
model: beacon has voxel model, made by me based on strife beacon
acs: by me

Feel free to use it, or modify it. Just credit me, if you want :wink:

Here it is. If you have some problems with download, just PM me an I'll try to fix it.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9x-D ... DJueG04Ync
Last edited by ramon.dexter on Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reactor

Re: [INV TEM][resource] quick travel thingie

Post by Reactor »

Nicely done! Very well thought up! I think it works better than the Chaos Device, and it's a good addition to futuristic themed mods/TCs.
A little side thought may be to link it to the player's health, for instance, usage would cost 20% health to the player...maybe. Not a compulsory addition, just to make things interesting, so the player won't just beam himself around without a price. Remember the Sonak Incident in Star Trek? :P :P :P
ramon.dexter

Post by ramon.dexter »

Well, you are free to modify it. I just wanted some sort of fast travel in my large maps. Also, it is pretty limited - you have to place a beacon, then you are allowed to return. Once you return, you have to place the beacon again. So I can imagine limited placement of beacons (like 5 per level), maybe coupled with the health drain. Will think aout it :wink:
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

You know...the concept is pretty similar to how the evil Courbée Dominate utilized their fissure gates in the Tristania3D storyline. One initiate goes to the place, views it with his/her own eyes, this is the "beacon" - from then on, the Evil Empress and her underlings can open a fissure to that very place. :) just had to note that.
ramon.dexter

Post by ramon.dexter »

Well, thats pretty similar. :wink:
WARCHILD_89

Post by WARCHILD_89 »

Man, you are AWESOME!

Return to “Resources”