[Updated] Quick DECORATE RenderStyle preview

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!

[Updated] Quick DECORATE RenderStyle preview

Postby Rachael » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:38 pm

If you've been wondering how the different RenderStyles in DECORATE work, I've made a pk3 specifically for this. This also happens to have Midtex render style previews, as well. Leodoom85 was kind enough to "remix" this, so to speak, to make the map more interesting and give a sort of "pinky arena", and has given me permission to repost his work. Enjoy!

Screenshot_Doom_20170414_132920.png

leodoom85-pinkys.pk3
(273.37 KiB) Downloaded 100 times

pinkys_and_cacos2.pk3
(6.2 KiB) Downloaded 56 times

Spoiler: Old Post
Rachael
Webmaster

Discord: Rachael#3767
Twitch ID: madamerachelle
Github ID: madame-rachelle

Re: Quick DECORATE RenderStyle preview

Postby Mor'Ladim » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:41 pm

I just saw this. This is actually quite useful, as I always wondered what the different RenderStyles were, but never actually got around to testing them out myself. It looks like the Stencil options could be used as 'mask' sprites, instead of having to create a whole new sprite that I've been doing all the time.

I also love QZDoom and hope to see it developed further. I am actually using it to develop my mod! Though, I admit that may be foolhardy since it is still in early development! However, so far there haven't been any major problems when using it so I REGRET NOTHING!

I also shot the 'RenderStyle None' Demon to see if it was actually there. Then it stepped off the platform and took a bite.
Mor'Ladim
Does this man finish anything?!

Location: An artifact in an image you foolishly saved as a JPEG.
Discord: Mor'ladim#7303

Postby Rachael » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:40 pm

Thank you! Yeah, I made it so you can fight the demons still, but by default they pose for you. :P
Rachael
Webmaster

Postby TiberiumSoul » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:45 pm

I applied the subtract renderstyle to my spectre replacement in my mod... they terrify me now.
TiberiumSoul
The Lost Soul that stumbled into a patch of tiberium crystals

Postby Rachael » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:53 pm

Updated. Old version did not fully test AddShaded. That has been properly added to the software renderer today, and this new version demonstrates it.
Rachael
Webmaster

Re: [Updated] Quick DECORATE RenderStyle preview

Postby Rachael » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:34 pm

Leodoom85 was kind enough to "remix" this, so to speak, to make the map more interesting and give a sort of "pinky arena", and has given me permission to repost his work. Updated in the first post. Enjoy!
Rachael
Webmaster

Postby Nash » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:55 pm

That's WAAAY fancy for a renderstyle test map. =P It's actually fun to play in. XD Good job, Rachael and Leodoom85!
Nash

Github ID: nashmuhandes
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby leodoom85 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:32 pm

Nash wrote:That's WAAAY fancy for a renderstyle test map. =P It's actually fun to play in. XD Good job, Rachael and Leodoom85!

That's the main purpose of this map :D
Initially, I added a skybox but after some thinking, I decided to change it to a normal sky
leodoom85
Dodge this.....

Discord: leodoom85#6202

Postby Gez » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:17 pm

Rachael wrote:Leodoom85 was kind enough to "remix" this, so to speak, to make the map more interesting and give a sort of "pinky arena", and has given me permission to repost his work. Updated in the first post. Enjoy!

Amusingly, I had made a tweak before, replacing the custom pinkies with UDMF properties because hey, they're there. Also added cacodemons because of their more complex color schemes. And then I figured it would have been largely pointless to share, so I just forgot about it.
Attachments
pinkys.pk3
(6.19 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
Gez

Postby leodoom85 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:30 pm

Gez wrote:
Rachael wrote:Leodoom85 was kind enough to "remix" this, so to speak, to make the map more interesting and give a sort of "pinky arena", and has given me permission to repost his work. Updated in the first post. Enjoy!

Amusingly, I had made a tweak before, replacing the custom pinkies with UDMF properties because hey, they're there. Also added cacodemons because of their more complex color schemes. And then I figured it would have been largely pointless to share, so I just forgot about it.

:(
It could have been cool to add cacos too...but for spawning those custom cacos, you have to create them through DECORATE and I don't know how :?
I'm better at mapping stuff than coding stuff...
leodoom85
Dodge this.....

Discord: leodoom85#6202

Postby Rachael » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:04 pm

I updated Gez's Pinkys and Cacos spin off to have colored shaded stencils for the render test. They display properly in OpenGL - but you will have to wait until tomorrow's GZDoom dev build to get them to display 100% correctly in software. Several bugs were fixed today with stencils in the software renderer.

The colored shaded stencils version of Pinkys and Cacos are in the original post.
Rachael
Webmaster

Return to Resources