[WIP] Wolfenstein 3D HQ Sprites

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Wiw
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [WIP] Wolf3Dx2

Post by Wiw »

Oh my goodness, it's like looking at the real deal! Could they possibly wind up in the next Wolf3DGE?
BFG

Post by BFG »

show them to Romero, I bet he will tweet them
Dunya

Post by Dunya »

Hey, Ringman, do you have any sprites for the officer?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Better wait, i'm sure he's working on it and this is no easy task!
Ringman

Post by Ringman »

Mutant is up next. Then I'll do the officer. The mutants gonna be harder so I kinda want to get him out of the way.
AstroCreep

Post by AstroCreep »

This is pure gold. I especially like how you're combining elements from both the pc and Mac sprites. Def doing the work that mac play slacked on. I can't wait for these to be finished so we can truly have a hi-def wolf experience.
PSTrooper

Post by PSTrooper »

It's very nice to see those rotations being made for the mac wolf sprites. It's even cooler to see they actually use mac wolf's palette. We just might see a mac wolf rotation project not for long.
HorrorMovieRei
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by HorrorMovieRei »

Would it be okay if I used these for Bratwurst once they're finished?
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Wiw wrote:Oh my goodness, it's like looking at the real deal! Could they possibly wind up in the next Wolf3DGE?
We can only hope. The project is on hold until I can get a new computer up and running (buying a new one is out of the question at the moment) and since sprite work is time consuming this may end being the case.
Ringman

Post by Ringman »

Just to let you guys know, I'm doing this for fun and because I've always wanted rotations. They should get finished as it doesn't take too long (about 3 - 4 hours per set) and I enjoy doing them, but I do have a 2 month old at home and its been preventing me from working on these often. Believe me if I had a completely free week, they'd be done by now.
Wiw
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Wiw »

No pressure, anyway.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Take your time, and glad you're interested about the work you're doing. So, you're doing an excellent job and godspeed!
Ringman

Post by Ringman »

Is there any concept art for the AOD? If not its ok, I'm just trying to get his muscular structure right, and I think the "dithering" on his wings is supposed to be veins, after looking at it even closer, so I may tweak that.
Also does the mutant have a hand holding a pistol through his chest exactly? I was never sure if it was just a machine gun popping out or an actual HAND holding a pistol.
AstroCreep

Post by AstroCreep »

It's hard to tell unless you look close but it's a hand. It's funny because literally up until this year I thought it was just an implanted machine gun. But nope it's a hand. I would think it would be stylistically better to go with implanted machine gun, but for authenticity id go for the hand.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Ringman wrote:Is there any concept art for the AOD? If not its ok, I'm just trying to get his muscular structure right, and I think the "dithering" on his wings is supposed to be veins, after looking at it even closer, so I may tweak that.
Even though i didn't saw any artworks of angel of death, but i'm pretty sure he's bent like tyrannosaurus.

And as i can tell about more details of him, he has some fin things on both side of his shoulder. Nope, it doesn't seems attached or colored on the wings IMO. Since the fins moves differently unlike wings, and definitely looks like attached to the shoulders.

Just twerk him whatever you feels like, though. I would be so happy regardless!

Return to “Resources”