[WIP] Wolfenstein 3D HQ Sprites

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: [WIP] Wolf3Dx2

Post by Captain J »

doomjedi wrote:The first one (AFAIK) to make MAC Gretel was me, for "WolfTC for Doomsday".
I do see the face as familiar, despite new edit of weapons and chest.
Just found it out, thank you so much for the work of yours, as always!

Anyway liking either ringman's work or mine, i don't mind it!
Ringman

Post by Ringman »

Personally I don't care, I just did the frames for Gretel for the heck of it. I actually like yours better. I couldn't seem to get Her face to look fem enough and have it look as close to Hans, but you pulled it off nicely. I gave her a smile because I wanted her to look crazed, but it didn't quite work. Mine's not finished anyway and there's no point in reinventing the wheel. Can someone compile of all the "MAC style" wolfenstein stuff into one so we can have a complete "HD" version of all of it and I don't redo anything. With all the custom MAC wolf3d stuff floating around I was surprised no one had already done this yet.

Do we have all the missing death frames of the existing MAC bosses btw?

I'm debating on the shoulder strap, I like them, even if they aren't mac true as I'm kind of making a "join" of the mac style guards with the old style guards so I'm combining some elements, and it wouldn't take too much work to just flip the frames and change the strap. I WILL have to do full views of the SS though (if I am the one to finish him) because of his gun.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

REPLY TIEM!!1
Ringman wrote:Personally I don't care, I just did the frames for Gretel for the heck of it. I actually like yours better. I couldn't seem to get Her face to look fem enough and have it look as close to Hans, but you pulled it off nicely.
Nah, you did really nice on her hair and her pigtail. It looks much better than mine.
gave her a smile because I wanted her to look crazed, but it didn't quite work. Mine's not finished anyway and there's no point in reinventing the wheel.
If that was actually official, she would probably become the most funny and sinister boss in Wolfenstein series! :laff:
Can someone compile of all the "MAC style" wolfenstein stuff into one so we can have a complete "HD" version of all of it and I don't redo anything. With all the custom MAC wolf3d stuff floating around I was surprised no one had already done this yet.
At least i've already finished all of the bosses in wolfers for wolfers, so my resources would be useful to gather them, i guess!
Do we have all the missing death frames of the existing MAC bosses btw?
Just checked my wolfers for wolfers file right now; Only Hans, Gretel and Death Knight has full death animations. And other bosses or enemies are well, lacks extra frames.
I'm debating on the shoulder strap, I like them, even if they aren't mac true as I'm kind of making a "join" of the mac style guards with the old style guards so I'm combining some elements, and it wouldn't take too much work to just flip the frames and change the strap. I WILL have to do full views of the SS though (if I am the one to finish him) because of his gun.
It is okay to follow the less part of Mac version wolf3d sprites, they looks most retrospective to the original game and we are loving it after all!

So that's about it. If you still want to make more, be my guest and i wish you a good luck! :D

EDIT:
gretelgrosse2.PNG
gretelgrosse2.PNG (5.37 KiB) Viewed 1796 times
:o HOLY MAMA, she just got better thanks to you!
Woolie Wool
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux, Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Woolie Wool »

Tormentor667 wrote:
Ringman wrote:Is there a mac style Gretel Grosse floating around anywhere?
gretelgrosse.gif
Awesome, even though I have to say she looks a bit too friendly in my eyes... btw, love how her boobs whip :D
That's supposed to be an armored breastplate (huhuhuhuh), they should not move at all.
Ringman

Post by Ringman »

Well I'm sure its supposed to, They weren't actually supposed to move, aside from tilt back and forth (like Hans pecs) it was actually a bizarre mistake in my animation as a result of the shadow and offset that makes them look so bouncy. I thought it was hilarious so I left it when I showed this animation.
doomjedi

Post by doomjedi »

Ringman wrote: Do we have all the missing death frames of the existing MAC bosses btw?
I did them at the time for WolfTC for Doomsday.
doomjedi

Post by doomjedi »

Ringman, my PM is still waiting for you :)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Woolie Wool wrote:That's supposed to be an armored breastplate (huhuhuhuh), they should not move at all.
Dang - disillusioned all my Spätzle-perverted nazi fantasies... :|
BFG

Post by BFG »

she's looking very cool, but I think in the original game the edges of her hair were more rounded off than square. But I might be mistaken.
Ringman

Post by Ringman »

How about a Mac Style Angel of Death?
aodHD.png
aodHD.png (8.42 KiB) Viewed 1681 times
Has that been done?
BFG

Post by BFG »

:wub: it has now!
Ringman

Post by Ringman »

Full guard rotations
Attachments
guardHD.png
Last edited by Ringman on Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gerolf

Post by gerolf »

AMAZING!!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Ringman wrote:How about a Mac Style Angel of Death?
aodHD.png
Has that been done?
You absolutely proven your worth, sir! :D
Ringman

Post by Ringman »

After I was done I noticed some weird animation hiccups, only to find out the original sprite has a few of these as well, which makes sense.
AOD.gif
AOD.gif (21.41 KiB) Viewed 1607 times

Return to “Resources”