[WIP] Wolfenstein 3D HQ Sprites

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: [WIP] Wolf3Dx2

Post by Captain J »

Plus, i'm not big fan of tackling but High quality enemy, item and weapon sprites of Wolf3d are already exists and it have been made from many years ago. Mac version of the wolf3d has them.

Although the project of yours could be actually intended to be different than Mac version and mac version didn't had rotations for every enemies, but keep up the good work, good sir!
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

Tormentor667 wrote: Okay, honestly. Why do people still start with projects like that? It's not that there is one single case something like a 2x sprites project has ever been finished...
Why do you care? Is the project hurting you in any way, or are you just deciding to be a jerk and discouraging someone from working on their project for no reason?

Besides, Wolf sprites are fewer and simpler than Doom's, so it should be perfectly possible.
Captain J wrote:Plus, i'm not big fan of tackling but High quality enemy, item and weapon sprites of Wolf3d are already exists and it have been made from many years ago. Mac version of the wolf3d has them.
I'm pretty sure everyone knows about the Mac sprites, as well as the fact that they have no rotations. Which is probably why he's making this.

I think the project is looking great, and don't let people convince you quit.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

TheMightyHeracross wrote:Why do you care? Is the project hurting you in any way, or are you just deciding to be a jerk and discouraging someone from working on their project for no reason?
Because I think instead of having 3-4 threads of the same goal, why not uniting forces and actually finishing one of them after each other as a group effort?
TheMightyHeracross

Except there's only 1 other high res Wolf-related project, which was focused on textures, and not sprites like this project?
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Tormentor667 wrote:It's not that there is one single case something like a 2x sprites project has ever been finished...
All the person needs to do is be determined enough to want to finish it. If I knew how to do this 2x stuff then I would do it myself.
Wiw
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Wiw »

He does have a point; a group effort would be more likely to finish the thing.
TheMightyHeracross

I don't know where he pulled out that uniting forces idea, because that is not what he said before. His first post was basically "ugh another hd thread why even bother starting it in the first place you won't finish it" along with a dumb meme reaction pic. Not to mention, like I said, this seems to be the first HD Wolf sprites thread on the forum.
edgymemester

Post by edgymemester »

Good luck.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Maybe I went a bit oveboard so excuse me for that - but my point stands. This will be never finished, just as the other threads with a similar ambitious plan
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

That is still needlessly pessimistic. If this project actually doesn't go anywhere, it'll fall down the forum and nobody will have to worry about it any more. There's nothing to be gained by doomsaying, unless you're actively trying to shut down a project you don't like for some reason. :?
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Well, it's my opinion that this kind of project is simply a pie in the sky. And I think it's also an important feedback for newcomers to let them know that there are already various similar projects which failed because of demanding too much from a single modder.

Sure, I could have said "This looks awesome, keep goin'" but it's simply not what I think. Feedback is a two-sided coin. The only thing I already admitted: Instead of facepalming, I could have already explained myself better in the first reply - I promise improvement in the future :)
UnTrustable

Post by UnTrustable »

Keep up the good stuff.
Velaron

Post by Velaron »

Sorry, I am too lazy.
WBLUA2.PNG
WBLUA2.PNG (5.41 KiB) Viewed 2379 times
And also busy, now it seems like I have some free time.

Edit:
WBLUA3.PNG
WBLUA3.PNG (5.22 KiB) Viewed 2368 times
Ringman

Post by Ringman »

Nice idea! Here's the dog:
HDWolf3DDog.png
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Holy sweet barks, those are some really excellent mac dog rotations!! Really weldone!

So... are you going to work on the other sprites also?

Return to “Resources”