[WIP] Wolfenstein 3D HQ Sprites

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Ringman

Re: [WIP] Wolfenstein 3D HQ Sprites

Post by Ringman »

Cool! I added it to the repo. From now on, any editing should probably be done to these frames. I plan on splitting them out into their own folders at some point.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Groovy.

One minor nitpick: I prefer my alias in the credits to be "CeeJay" or "C.J." . Thanks.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Oh yeah, it's very confusing that we have the same first characters! Heheh.

Anyway, if i have enough time to help, i'll help, too!
Ringman

Post by Ringman »

I fixed your name, and I split out the sprites to separate folders.

The SS guy needs a bunch of work, though. His shoes are kind of messy in most frames. His shading is inconsistent in a few frames, and he's missing his strap in several.

The dog, while not too bad still needs to have some cleanup done to his back frames.

BJ running isn't quite finished yet.

I'm not done with the skulls on the pike yet, but just about.

Alternatives with and without shadows underneath them should probably be added. I personally like the shadows, but others I know do not.

But other than that I'm very happy with the results of this. Thanks everyone for making this project such a huge success!
Ringman

Post by Ringman »

Small update. I cleaned up the ss_trooper so that his shading is more consistent and he has a strap on all the shots. However, the old ss frames are still in the repo, just in case anyone disagrees with them. Working on something else at the moment, but at some point I'll finish BJ running and jumping.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Good work on the updated SS, always bothered me how the strap would disappear and reappear ingame as he's moving about.

Will we see any updates to the dog?
Ringman

Post by Ringman »

I do plan on updating the dog at some point. However, I am not entirely sure how to approach the back frames. They are the major issue. Its hard to properly display the animation as is, since too much of the moving parts of the dog are obscured by its back half. So I may just mod the animation a bit to show the back legs moving more, and add some edge enhancement to prevent them from bleeding into the front legs, but I haven't given it much more thought than that.
Wiw
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Wiw »

Is it okay for me to repeat my presentation of the Pacman ghost sprites?
Wiw wrote:While we're on the subject....

YukiHerz
Global Moderator
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YukiHerz »

I think the eye dots are a little weird.
I don't know how well this palettes.
Wiw
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Wiw »

That does look better.
Ringman

Post by Ringman »

Sorry I totally forgot to put those up.
Ringman

Post by Ringman »

While I understand this is LONG overdue, and barely worth mentioning. I put up the pacman ghosts on bitbucket. Haven't done anything else lately. Still working at being a father. My son's almost a year old, so soon he will be exposed to DOOM and Wolf, and then maybe in another year or two he can start helping me mod. That or he'll probably just want to play Minecraft all day. :P

I know I need to finish the hi-res BJ, plus the dog still needs touch-ups. I'm sure there's other requests out there, but if you guys want more from me, I may have to start up a Patreon, as its hard to justify to my wife why I'm not working on some house project, or spending time preventing my son from trying to put some deadly household item in his mouth. Money however tends to be a good motivator for things.

I'd love to eventually tackle an HD Doom project, as I know known of those have ever been finished. :mrgreen:
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Ringman wrote:While I understand this is LONG overdue, and barely worth mentioning. I put up the pacman ghosts on bitbucket. Haven't done anything else lately. Still working at being a father. My son's almost a year old, so soon he will be exposed to DOOM and Wolf, and then maybe in another year or two he can start helping me mod. That or he'll probably just want to play Minecraft all day. :P
Why, that's nice! Real life is very important so that's understandable. I'm just glad this thread is alive again.
Alex238

Post by Alex238 »

Hello, this is my first time posting. :D
I made a little modify to the guard. More like the original mac version.
What do you think? :P

I modified the boots and the helmet. :wink:
DenisBelmondo

Post by DenisBelmondo »

Those are some really excellent boots, I'd personally love to see them pushed to the main project. In fact, I've incorporated them in the small edit I've made below.

I've been spending some time on the guard's face again, how does this look in comparison to the old one?

And here's a side-by-side comparison:

(New on the left, old on the right)

As a bonus, I also edited the hair on one of the death frames. It comes in two flavors:

Return to “Resources”