[WIP] Wolfenstein 3D HQ Sprites

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
LkMax

Re: [WIP] Wolfenstein 3D HQ Sprites

Post by LkMax »

Reactor wrote:Hm! Will there be any hi-res sprite remakes out of Spear: End of Destiny sprites? Most of them would be damn easy, only the bosses and the Clones would be trickier.
Since I think they are just recolours of the ones in wolf3d, it shouldn't be hard to do, but I myself wasn't planning on doing them since there's no port of Spear EOD to ECWolf yet and I can't mod it.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

There is an SDL port for Spear: End of Destiny, I can wire it over for you if you desire :)
LkMax

Post by LkMax »

I won't promise anything, but I might do the guard sprites recolour once I finish the mission pack stuff. There are too many custom texures in EOD though and I don't wanna have that work again like I did with the lost episodes because I'm not a great and fast artist, and on top of that I'm a lazy f*cker. :lol:
LkMax

Post by LkMax »

A small sneak peek (left is 128x128, right is original 64x64):

Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

I can understand the chandelier's look, but that barrel way too much different than the original. Looks great though!
LkMax

Post by LkMax »

It's round... like a barrel, heh.
I used the one from jaguar as base, rotated it 90 degrees, kinda mirroed one side and after a few adjustments got something pretty close to the one on the mission packs.
Umm... although seeing it now it feels a little bit smaller because of the curved top... I liked the proportions ingame so it doesn't matter much.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Yes, i know the barrel is round. But the thing is Lost level's barrel has no curved trims, at all. As you can see the image. It's just a barrel with plain cylinder shape, like a drum.

Or maybe i'm being like fashion police. It looks okay regardless.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Wooden barrels are mostly rounded. Oil drums are more likely to be cubical. I see no problems with that. I think it looks yummy :)
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Except it looks far more different than the original sprite... But i'm not against with that. And yes, it looks yummy.
Gamma64

Post by Gamma64 »

I "high-res-ed" the mutant rat, if anyone is interested.
(Yes, it does wiggle like that in the original sprite.)
:D
Gamma64

Post by Gamma64 »

I'm not sure if anyone is interested, but I also made a version of the Mission Pack 1 ghost.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Looks very good. But i'd like to see its face and death animation more scarily detailed!
Gamma64

Post by Gamma64 »

Slightly improved version: The teeth are back, and the death animation is less rubbish.
Ringman

Post by Ringman »

Its cool people are still messing around with this. I'm still alive. I haven't touched this in ages, but I'm still here and would like to do more with it,someday. Anytime interest crops up online I tend to get interested in working on it again. I hate using the excuse, but real life, is of course the issue. Being a father is time consuming. I wake up, and don't leave the house till way later than planned because the boy wakes up before I get out, then come home from work way later than normal, because lately work has been full of deadlines all coming at once, then fight with the adorable pain in the butt to get him to sleep, and then pass out to do it all again in the morning.

He's at least able to entertain himself a little now, but of course he can run and climb and gets into everything he's not allowed to, and yet still doesn't understand (or ignores) most simple commands. I hear it gets a bit easier once they can talk to you. All he can say is, Hey, Mama, Dada, tickle, uh-oh, and dude (He go that from his mom, I swear!). Not a lot to work with at this point.

Anyway, tangient over. The barrel doesn't look right in my opinion, but neither does the normal Lost episodes barrel.
You could go like this for a reference

Or try a shifted angle like so:

The chandelier has no perspective. And its the wrong kind, I think. I'm no expert on chandeliers and the lost episodes one is really blurry, but I'm pretty sure its some kind of multi clustered crystal chandelier like this:
That's the best reference I could find of a golden one, but its probably based off of this ww2 one:
Ringman

Post by Ringman »

I just got a chance to look at the guard. I like the boots, My boots were rush jobs since it was the first guard sprite I did, and I wasn't sure how time consuming it would be. However, as I got better I improved the boots over time (like with the officer.) I, personally, don't like the new face. He looks cross-eyed in my opinion. Unfortunately I dont' have time to incorporate any of these changes into the main project right now, but I'll look into it eventually.

Return to “Resources”