[WIP] Wolfenstein 3D HQ Sprites

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!

Re: [WIP] Wolfenstein 3D HQ Sprites

Postby doomjedi » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:45 am

Ringman wrote:I added the AOD change to bit bucket.

We really need to put all this other wolf hd stuff in a central repository somewhere ....
I don't like duplicating effort.

Anyway here's the hitler fake:

Did you do this from zero now?
Because it has been done before...
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3751922/hitlerfake1.rar

...maybe you should stop making more art and check what have been done before? I'm quite an expert on that.
doomjedi
"Blade of Agony" spriter

Discord: DoomJedi

Postby LkMax » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:39 am

Using the new sprites from this thread, I did the tall guard from the Spear Mission Packs (a.k.a. Lost Episodes). The death animations are different from the original because I only recolored the uniform and expanded some lines to make the character higher. Since all Lost Episode enemies (except the bat) are very similar this shouldn't take me much time.

doomjedi wrote:...maybe you should stop making more art and check what have been done before? I'm quite an expert on that.

:roll:
Well, he did complete the frames missing, and yours had some hard edges, so it's not like his work was lost.
LkMax

Postby Captain J » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:48 am

doomjedi wrote:...maybe you should stop making more art and check what have been done before? I'm quite an expert on that.
I respect you and your works but i don't think being that prideful isn't so helpful or informational. Ringman's works are still different than our style and much retrospective to the original, if i can tell.

Now, i want to wait for the lost level HD works of his, with original LS style, of course!
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby SoulCircle » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:07 pm

To tell you truth, I am pretty sure this is the one that closest to being releasable (The 2x mod right here). If the rate of work he/she does (I dunno, I've already had a gender debauchle.), then this may actually be finished! I hope Tormentor is wrong I hope I get to play this someday. So at this rate, and point, I wish luck to the spriters and to Mars873 for the creation of the mod, even knowing I am really late for saying this.
SoulCircle
Something horrific and pixelated

Discord: Jigglesworth#9147
Twitch ID: deathlordreaper
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby LkMax » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:15 pm

I don't know how to use Bitbucket (nor Github for that matter) very well so I couldn't commit the green tall guard (shame on me :lol: ), but I've made a few quick fixes:

Last edited by LkMax on Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LkMax

Postby doomjedi » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:16 pm

Captain J wrote:Ringman's works are still different than our style and much retrospective to the original, if i can tell.

Well, I did this work long time ago, like 10 years ago or so, I could do better now if I'd try, still Ringman is the best at what he does, no doubt. And I don't plan to improve the old art.
Regarding Fake Hitler - I wasn't trying to be "that prideful" as after all that time I can't even remember if it was my job or not - in this particular case. I was really just trying to help Ringman out not to repeat the work others did before him, as he himself expressed such worry:
Ringman wrote:I don't like duplicating effort.

I'm quite an expert on that.
I meant I know relatively well which MAC enemies were done before (by anyone, not me specifically), I didn't meant "expert" as in "doing great art, expert in arting".
Last edited by doomjedi on Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
doomjedi
"Blade of Agony" spriter

Postby Ringman » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:36 pm

Darnit, sorry DoomJedi. That wasn't from scratch. I was really not trying to redo anyone's stuff. I definitely started with SOMEBODY's hitler fake, though it didn't have as many frames. You can probably just take my death frames to fill in the gaps for yours. I think yours looks just fine. Honestly he didn't take that long to do anyway.

I can push the green guard, but maybe something other than bitbucket? Doomjedi is using drop box. Probaby easier to use and we can store EVERYTHING in there. I was using bitbucket to keep track of changes in case someone made an edit that they didn't like and wanted to go back to an earlier one. Though not everyone knows how to use git.

So what IS done, lets just put it all somewhere so I can know what isn't done. Can we make a checklist?
Ringman

Postby doomjedi » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:04 pm

I love DropBox and use it daily for all my modding needs. So I'm all for it.
The only problem can be that Dropbox has "download" limit, when I posted my big (donnow, 100 MB?) mods on there and there were many downloads - they almost blocked my account for using too much bandwidth or something.
According to Dropbox support, public links for free accounts may not use more than 10GB of bandwidth per day while that limit is 250GB per day for paid Dropbox accounts.
https://www.dropboxforum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/205754623-Are-there-bandwidth-limits-when-downloading-from-Dropbox-

Regarding "all that was done" - first check "wolfers for wolfers" Captain J pack, then maybe add missing folders from my MAC pack (link to which I've posted there). It'll be already a good start.
I've made MAC versions of Bosses of various other mods as well, those are less interesting, right?

We do need a good checklist.

...Original Fake Hitler was most probably my work, but can't say for sure. I do recall making (at least) some frames.
doomjedi
"Blade of Agony" spriter

Postby Captain J » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:08 pm

Whoops. Maybe i misunderstood then. Sorry. Anyway i do recommend the dropbox, all trustworthy and easier to use.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Ringman » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:09 pm

how about a bloody shirt schabbs? I didnt see it but maybe i missed it?
Ringman

Postby doomjedi » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:11 pm

Captain J wrote:Whoops. Maybe i misunderstood then. Sorry. Anyway i do recommend the dropbox, all trustworthy and easier to use.

It's okay, pal, you misunderstood but I'm glad we cleared that out :)
I could write it more clearly, I just didn't think someone could understand "expert" that way.
English is not my native language anyway :) Such thing happen from time to time.
doomjedi
"Blade of Agony" spriter

Postby doomjedi » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:44 pm

Ringman wrote:how about a bloody shirt schabbs? I didnt see it but maybe i missed it?

Where is this variant featured? Is it from commerical games or mods?
You mean "Trench Warfare" Schabbs maybe?
doomjedi
"Blade of Agony" spriter

Postby doomjedi » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:50 pm

Here combined my pack with "wolfers for wolfers" in one pack:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3751922/wolfers%20for%20wolfers.rar
doomjedi
"Blade of Agony" spriter

Postby Beaky » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:31 pm

doomjedi wrote:Where is this variant featured? Is it from commerical games or mods?
You mean "Trench Warfare" Schabbs maybe?

He has a bloody shirt in the original game:
Beaky

Postby Ringman » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:16 pm

Yeah kinda like this

Though he had a pocket as well.

unfortunately my edit was pretty bad, so if anyone can do better.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ringman

PreviousNext

Return to Resources