[WIP] Wolfenstein 3D HQ Sprites

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Beaky

Re: [WIP] Wolfenstein 3D HQ Sprites

Post by Beaky »

I've made some more progress on the SS Soldier if you want to updated the post.
Velaron

Post by Velaron »

Done.
gerolf

Re: [WIP] Wolf3Dx2

Post by gerolf »

Kinsie wrote:
CeeJay wrote:But this used downscaled versions of the original sprites and walls (32x32)
False. I think. I don't have the walls on me to check for sure, but the sprites are all still 64x64.

Image Image Image
Scale the 64x64 walls from Wolf 3d to 32x32, and then back to 64x64, and you've got the SNES textures. They redrew some of the textures with pictures on them (the eagle statue wall, the iron cross wall, etc) not just because of legal issues but because they looked like crap when resized.
Beaky

Post by Beaky »

Finnsihed the SS Trooper, only need some polish on the shoes and a few weapons.
Spoiler:
Ringman

Post by Ringman »

The trooper looks good but there is one thing I noticed. Its not a huge deal, but I noticed that you flipped the frames for some of the angles but not others. I have been flipping for all mine and just adjusting things like the strap, mainly to get this done and avoid burnout. To keep it consistent someone would have to go in and make the opposite frames with the updated shading. Someone could do that, but I'd rather not, as again, my main goal was to get this done, so it would be out there and I wouldn't crash before it got finished. Then I or others could go back and make touch ups over time if they wanted.

I don't think its a huge deal between the different sprite sets, for now. but you should at the very least make yours consistent.
Beaky

Post by Beaky »

Yeah, I noticed that too. At first I just flipped them to make things quick, but I later noticed that the light was coming from the topleft so I started adding shading in the right places.
I think its about 6 frames that are flipped, so not too much time to change them. I'll probably fix it later this week when I get around to making the guns.

When you're done with the officer I can take a look at the shading on those as well, if you don't want to do that yourself.
LkMax

Post by LkMax »

Beaky wrote:I'll probably fix it later this week when I get around to making the guns.
I did a "reinterpretation" of the pickup sprites if that's what you're talking about, because I was not satisfied with my previous atempt in february.
You can do another version but I might as well share mine here if it may be useful for someone else.

Left original, right new.
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

Man, I'm not usually a fan of HD projects but this stuff looks *excellent*
Beaky

Post by Beaky »

LkMax wrote:I did a "reinterpretation" of the pickup sprites if that's what you're talking about, because I was not satisfied with my previous atempt in february.
You can do another version but I might as well share mine here if it may be useful for someone else.

Left original, right new.
No, I was talking about the guns on the ss soldier, they are not done yet.
Your gun sprites look awesome though, keep them as they are!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Beaky wrote:Finnsihed the SS Trooper, only need some polish on the shoes and a few weapons.
Spoiler:
Glad people are helping and sharing in this project. I really loving this and can't wait for more. Keep it going, guys!
Dunya

Post by Dunya »

Hi everyone, I made a little fix in Guard's sprites. I changed the helmet in the death sprites and also replaced boots with darker ones.
Attachments
Wolf3dGuardHD_Fix.png
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Nice fix, but i just noticed that his face in 2nd rotation is bulged out, don't you think?
Dunya

Post by Dunya »

Captain J wrote:Nice fix, but i just noticed that his face in 2nd rotation is bulged out, don't you think?
Yeah, I noticed. I will try to fix it, when I complete it I will post that here.
Ringman

Post by Ringman »

The guards face being bulged out was my fault. I was making his head turn slightly towards the camera as he runs. The original guard does this.

Thanks for the fixes though. Less work I have to do. I pushed the change to bitbucket.

Anyway the officer is done:
Attachments
officerHD.png
Ringman

Post by Ringman »

Beaky wrote:Yeah, I noticed that too. At first I just flipped them to make things quick, but I later noticed that the light was coming from the topleft so I started adding shading in the right places.
I think its about 6 frames that are flipped, so not too much time to change them. I'll probably fix it later this week when I get around to making the guns.

When you're done with the officer I can take a look at the shading on those as well, if you don't want to do that yourself.
If you wanted to adjust the shading youd have to redo the dog, guard, officer, and mutant. It will probably be time consuming to do shading adjusting on all of them. But that's me. If you can get it to look right, be my guest, but I wouldn't jump down that path unless you know what you are in for. Also you have to be careful, the shading for your SS troop works for his clothes ok, but his head and hat hands and weapon shading now need adjusted, (which is the main reason I avoided doing all this in the first place).

Return to “Resources”