Killing Time Assets Complete

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Killing Time Assets Complete

Post by wildweasel »

John101 wrote:Hey, what tool did you use to unpack the "Rez file" from killing time PC fps 90's shooter. Can you give me the name of the tool or can someone here tell me where to find it or post a link thank you.

There, is other files I need from that rip instead of the sprites and textures and menu or hud.
From the sound of it, he had to write the tools himself.
Tristan885
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Killing Time Assets Complete

Post by Tristan885 »

Yeah, ect0s had wrote his own tool to extract the game files and converting the compressed sprite datas into uncompressed PNGs, done with Python scripts tools he wrote on his own based with some informations I'd refer him with of the REZ archive having the "BRGR" file header (BurgerLib).

There were some other data files I think that he couldn't figure out, I'm not sure if they were map files. I don't think I have the files anymore of these, there's also this tool that exists but I believe that from what ect0s had told me before, it doesn't do a proper extraction. They gave the source code (in assembly) along with it if it ever needs improvements.

Return to “Resources”