DOOM Weapons for DOOM...? VERSION 2.0 NOW AVAILABLE!

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!

Re: WIP DOOM Weapons for DOOM...?

Postby Murix » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:55 pm

DoomKrakken wrote:That's correct. Sarge ruined the weapon behavior for many of those weapons. I would've preferred it if the weapons resembled their original functions in DOOM.

BTW, Necro... do you think you could also draw these weapons with the Doom Marine's Praetor Suit hands?

What do you mean ruined? all they were was sprites, and everyone is choosing to implement them differently. I know of 3 projects using these sprites besides my own and they all feel different from one another, and personally I wouldn't want them to function like the original doom weapons (unless by DOOM you mean 2016, then yeah I get your point but you should see the amount of people giving him shit for making them because they think he's copying the new one and stuff)

((I don't want to get this off topic again so I'm stopping here))
Murix
Developing Ballad of Rhinestone

Postby Murix » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:57 pm

Oh yeah has the "sights down" sprites for the Repeater Rifle been done?
Murix
Developing Ballad of Rhinestone

Postby IamInnocent » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:03 am

Thanks for the awesome weapon sprites! Here's an edit I made for my favourite weapon in DOOM 4, Gauss Cannon + additional Siege Mode and Zooming. (I'm too lazy to edit the frames into gif so just bear this one minute Youtube video. :( ) The link can also be found on the Youtube video. If anyone wants a non-black glove version, you can contact me.

IamInnocent

Postby Hellser » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:41 am

Welcome to the forums, IamInnocent, I've taken the liberty of fixing your BBCode for YouTube. Edit your post to see how it's suppose to be done.
Hellser
Remember Citadel
Global Moderator

Discord: Hellser#8156
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby Captain J » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:16 am

i see some sprite changing flaws. other than that, neat work.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby wpninja » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:31 pm

I know this isn't the place to ask but has anybody made a doom4 monster sound or even a music replacement mod yet by chance?
wpninja

Postby DoomKrakken » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:34 pm

Murix wrote:
DoomKrakken wrote:That's correct. Sarge ruined the weapon behavior for many of those weapons. I would've preferred it if the weapons resembled their original functions in DOOM.

BTW, Necro... do you think you could also draw these weapons with the Doom Marine's Praetor Suit hands?

What do you mean ruined? all they were was sprites, and everyone is choosing to implement them differently. I know of 3 projects using these sprites besides my own and they all feel different from one another, and personally I wouldn't want them to function like the original doom weapons (unless by DOOM you mean 2016, then yeah I get your point but you should see the amount of people giving him shit for making them because they think he's copying the new one and stuff)

((I don't want to get this off topic again so I'm stopping here))

Yes, I meant the 2016 weapons.

Spoiler: A guide to my Doom terms...

IamInnocent wrote:Thanks for the awesome weapon sprites! Here's an edit I made for my favourite weapon in DOOM 4, Gauss Cannon + additional Siege Mode and Zooming. (I'm too lazy to edit the frames into gif so just bear this one minute Youtube video. :( ) The link can also be found on the Youtube video. If anyone wants a non-black glove version, you can contact me.

Spoiler:

DAYUM, that Gauss Cannon is SEXY. :D

A couple things... I really don't like the part where in Siege Mode, the Gauss Cannon's rails bend when it's nearly done charging, before it fires. Also, the Gauss Cannon is supposed to fire steel flechettes, so I don't think it should be burning people at all. Just make them explode, and it should be fine
DoomKrakken
All but inactive here on the forums. Contact me on Discord for quicker replies.

Discord: DoomKrakken#2719

Postby Neccronixis » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:37 pm

I have already produced animation sprites for the Gauss cannon siege mode which are very similar, but not as complex in their animation.
Neccronixis

Postby Ninja Senshi » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:52 pm

Neccronixis wrote:Image

1. What is this project?
This is a small project that attempts to bring the weapons of the upcoming DOOM game into the original DOOM games. Doing this requires each new weapon to be redesigned and produced so that their aesthetic style is reminiscent of the original DOOM game.

2. Why make this mod?
I originally released a set of weapon sprites on the zdoom forum several years back with a sprite sheet that I allowed people to use for their own mod development. I did indeed put some effort into making these sprites, but most of them simply expanded on existing sprites that other people made. I wanted to go out and develop my own original sprite set that I sit down and draw myself - and this eventually let to the development of this mod because I also needed some fresh inspiration for weapon designs (and what better inspiration than a new DOOM game).

3. How did you create these sprites?
Using some of the footage that I have seen from footage of the new DOOM game, I simply grabbed various frames, scaled them down and painted over them. Easier said than done. My real secret is Photoshop.

4. So... are you actually making a weapon mod?
Half of the work, at least. This project is about producing weapon sprites only. I am not a coding master and I simply wanted to share my work with talented coders who can take my sprites and turn them into awesome weapon mods.

I will upload examples of some of the weapons in various stages of development. Some are finished and others are not. When I am finished all of the weapons, I will upload a .pk3 with PNG versions of each sprite so all you modders can go crazy.

CREDITS: Since I put in alot of effort and hours to produce these sprites I am sincerely humbled to take credit for this mod :) These are original weapon sprites that I have made myself so If you want to use these sprites for you own mod, you are absolutely welcome to, as long as you credit me :wink: Oh yeah... obviously credit goes to ID software for their amazing weapon designs.

Weapon sprites currently in this mod:
Chainsaw
Pistol
Shotgun
Super shotgun
Machine Gun
Chain Gun
Rocket Launcher
Plasma Rifle
BFG 9000
Gauss Cannon

Multiplayer weapons:
Repeater
Vortex Rifle
Lightning Gun
Static Rifle
Hellshot

DOWNLOAD LINK V1.2

Pistol.gif

Shotgun.gif

Awesome stuff. I just got interested in modding/mapping for Doom, so I don't know anything yet, but if you are interested, here's a post I made on Doomworld: https://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/ ... t-project/ I was basically wondering, will you be making sprites for the meleeing of each weapon &/or for other First Person stuff, such as for the wall climbing and the fists?
Ninja Senshi

Postby Captain J » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:33 am

Welcome to the forums, again! and you actually don't have to quote all of the first post to reply.

Also you can edit your post, either. Just make sure you know!
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Neccronixis » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:37 am

Ninja Senshi wrote:will you be making sprites for the meleeing of each weapon &/or for other First Person stuff, such as for the wall climbing and the fists?

I am not making doomguy hand sprites nor am I making melee sprites; I am finished doing any spritework for a while now because I have done literally hundreds of these weapon sprites (around 500, not including the ones available for download) and it has taken up alot of my time. I do plan to release the new sprites soon - including weapon attachments and some other little surprises.
Neccronixis

Postby DoomKrakken » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:56 am

If someone can draw every crosshair in DOOM... even the animated ones for the Gauss Cannon's Siege Mode, then I can implement it in DECORATE. Anyone willing to undertake this project?
DoomKrakken

Postby enderkevin13 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:00 am

DoomKrakken wrote:If someone can draw every crosshair in DOOM... even the animated ones for the Gauss Cannon's Siege Mode, then I can implement it in DECORATE. Anyone willing to undertake this project?

I could try. Screenshot and then I can draw that crosshair, probably.
enderkevin13
Official abbadon of ZDoom
Banned User

Postby TheCrimsonFucker » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:06 am

Ninja Senshi wrote:Awesome stuff. I just got interested in modding/mapping for Doom, so I don't know anything yet, but if you are interested, here's a post I made on Doomworld: https://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/ ... t-project/ I was basically wondering, will you be making sprites for the meleeing of each weapon &/or for other First Person stuff, such as for the wall climbing and the fists?

It will be only MP mod or it will be supporting SP too?
TheCrimsonFucker

Postby DoomKrakken » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:35 am

enderkevin13 wrote:
DoomKrakken wrote:If someone can draw every crosshair in DOOM... even the animated ones for the Gauss Cannon's Siege Mode, then I can implement it in DECORATE. Anyone willing to undertake this project?

I could try. Screenshot and then I can draw that crosshair, probably.

I think the gameplay vids for DOOM should suffice. But if not, then I'll try to screenshot them from those vids.

However, I think it'd be difficult to screenshot every frame of the Gauss Cannon's Siege Mode crosshairs, as, well... it's an animation.

Also, I thought I saw something about a hands-free version of this weapon sprite pack... was there one somewhere?
Last edited by DoomKrakken on Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DoomKrakken

PreviousNext

Return to Resources