DOOM Weapons for DOOM...? VERSION 2.0 NOW AVAILABLE!

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
mutator

Re: WIP DOOM Weapons for DOOM...?

Post by mutator »

can someone make a mod with these sprites? :P I would make it myself if I knew how to do scripts
RikohZX

Post by RikohZX »

For the Combat Shotgun, I think the oomph it's missing is that the weapon should recoil a little up and back, and the pump should move it down and back instead for a little bit more emphasis rather than seem like a passive shell cock. Although granted, the person actually putting the frames together for a mod could probably do that.
mutator

Post by mutator »

I hope he could teach me how to do scripts while making the mod for the sprites he is making :D I really want to learn modding
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

You know what's the best way to learn modding?

Start modding.

I'm dead serious. Open SLADE, make a new PK3, Click 'New Entry", call it DECORATE, and start reading the fucking manual. No one's going to hold your hand and say "now type A-C-T-O-R..." We all had to start from scratch. Do something, and when it doesn't work, try to fix it, and if you can't fix it, then ask a specific question. Don't just bounce into every thread going "plz somone teech mee." Put in some legwork.

8-)
mutator

Post by mutator »

Caligari87 wrote:You know what's the best way to learn modding?

Start modding.

I'm dead serious. Open SLADE, make a new PK3, Click 'New Entry", call it DECORATE, and start reading the fucking manual. No one's going to hold your hand and say "now type A-C-T-O-R..." We all had to start from scratch. Do something, and when it doesn't work, try to fix it, and if you can't fix it, then ask a specific question. Don't just bounce into every thread going "plz somone teech mee." Put in some legwork.

8-)
actually.. I have been trying to figure this out for looooong time and I always get error even if I do tutorials with word by word. I know there has to be at least 1 modder that would be interested to teach me. I have put enough hard work to learn at least one part of it but seems like it's not working.
mutator

Post by mutator »

It's huge community you know? there are probably 100 modders out there but we just don't know them all because some just make mods for personal gameplay without sharing the links so I'm hoping to get the help I been requesting for long time.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Neccronixis wrote:1. What is this project?
This is a small project that attempts to bring the weapons of the upcoming DOOM game into the original DOOM games. Doing this requires each new weapon to be redesigned and produced so that their aesthetic style is reminiscent of the original DOOM game.

--Rest of OP--
Well, colour me interested in this. Quite a lot. Can you please send me the sprites? I'd love to work in a weapon mod like this. This sprites are top notch.

For reference, Im the guy who made this mod.
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

@mutator
You can start by learning how to make custom weapons here: http://gunlabs.blogspot.com/2011/01/tutorials.html
Then you can use SLADE to look up other's mods and understand how they do the more special things.

@Necronixxis
Great job, can't wait to see the rocket launcher and other weapons next!
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

mutator wrote:It's huge community you know? there are probably 100 modders out there but we just don't know them all because some just make mods for personal gameplay without sharing the links so I'm hoping to get the help I been requesting for long time.
Follow the tutorials at GunLabs - and don't just read them and copy-paste the scripts, follow them. And please stop hijacking other peoples' threads with this.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Very nice! It'll be good to see something in the vein of the Doom 2.5 sprites, though these look higher quality.
IMX

Post by IMX »

Amazing job, Neccronixis!
Doomguy5th

Post by Doomguy5th »

@Neccronixis

Do you have these sprites as PNGs by any chance? If so, could you compress them in a ZIP and post a download please?
RikohZX

Post by RikohZX »

Doomguy5th wrote:@Neccronixis

Do you have these sprites as PNGs by any chance? If so, could you compress them in a ZIP and post a download please?
He said that once he's finished all the weapons he'll post the PNGs, it's there in the first post.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

we'll be waiting for the mod. and i'll look into it for feedbacks, of course!
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

These look freakin' awesome

But ...

Shouldn't this thread be in resources ?

Return to “Resources”