DOOM Weapons for DOOM...? VERSION 2.0 NOW AVAILABLE!

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
DoomKrakken

Re: DOOM Weapons for DOOM...? VERSION 2.0 NOW AVAILABLE!

Post by DoomKrakken »

Doomguy5th wrote:Prepare to witness something that looks very terrible that I decided to frankensprite.

Because an idle frame set with the mobile turret in your hand but it's alt is not deployed...
YES! YESSSSSSSS! I NEED THIS.

Please continue this, it looks great so far!!!!!

On the side... I couldn't help but notice that the rocket launcher seemed to be missing something... then I looked at the actual rocket launcher again, and found that there's a rocket-loader behind the action that rotates. Any way we can have that added in another update?
enderkevin13

Post by enderkevin13 »

Doomguy5th wrote:
enderkevin13 wrote:Wait, so does this have the non modified version of the shotgun too?
Yes, that also applies to the Heavy Assault Rifle, the Rocket launcher, and the plasma gun.
Captain J wrote:IMO, the main gun seems to be cramped as heck for 3 barrles and it needs to be scaled.

And i say let us wait for the experts' hands.
Agreed, better off waiting for those crazy good sprites lol.
Wait. Since I can't look at it because I don't have access to a PC right now, can you post one of the sprites for it here?
DevilBlackDeath

Post by DevilBlackDeath »

I've been told to post this opinion here so here I go ;) Love all the sprites, they are truly a work of art. My only gripe is the SSG. The on-screen angle, the barrel length, the barrel end, and the weapon details (not the engraving, mind you, these are way too small to be implemented), and the reload animation feel super off with what they are in Doom 4 :S For the reload animation though I totally get it, animating it like Doom 4 but with hand drawn frames would be a pain xD Although I really feel the look and angle could use some love. IF (and that's a big if) I could get enough time to pull off making a new base sprite (the idle frame), would you be able to animate it, and would you do it?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Wat Neccronixis sed be4 wrote:I can put a link up for the old sprites if that's what people would like. I might also re do the super shotgun this weekend so that it matches better with the new DOOM one.
Hope neccronixis can do it soon!
DevilBlackDeath

Post by DevilBlackDeath »

Captain J wrote:
Wat Neccronixis sed be4 wrote:I can put a link up for the old sprites if that's what people would like. I might also re do the super shotgun this weekend so that it matches better with the new DOOM one.
Hope neccronixis can do it soon!
I hope so :) Still if I can find time to repaint over it, I'll try to, may help him a little bit getting toward something (because if I do it, it will probably still need repaint for colors :P)
Neccronixis

Post by Neccronixis »

A new super shotgun just like the 2016 one and mobile turret/ gatling rotatory sprites will be coming soon.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

YES. THANK YOU. :D

Just curious, will that also feature the mobile turret having opening/closing animations?
Neccronixis

Post by Neccronixis »

DoomKrakken wrote:YES. THANK YOU. :D

Just curious, will that also feature the mobile turret having opening/closing animations?
It sure will :) however animating the sprites so that they transition smoothly from the right side of the screen to the center is not easy and very time consuming; so I decided to use motion blur to convey the transition:
Mobile Turret.gif
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

The barrels looks reasonable for this big beauty! Also good luck with the rest of the sprites!
Almonds

Post by Almonds »

Neccronixis wrote:
DoomKrakken wrote:YES. THANK YOU. :D

It sure will :) however animating the sprites so that they transition smoothly from the right side of the screen to the center is not easy and very time consuming; so I decided to use motion blur to convey the transition:
Mobile Turret.gif
That looks pretty baller. Dare I make a suggestion? why not take the last sprite before the smear and make two versions of it: one slightly tilting to the right and another one tilting to the left in photoshop or gimp? :3: that way you'd end up with a more natural progression to the animation of the turret being fully deployed and wholly avoid the snappy appearance that just blurring the heck out of a single sprite being offset to the center gives you. :) It'd also give the player that 'heavy machinery operating' feel the gun itself has in D4.

Just a heads up. It probably looks way better in actual motion I mind, just wanted to let that out. :mrgreen:

I don't actually know if you fully understood what I even meant here, but hey im just sayin uvu
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Words cannot describe my glee. :D

@Almonds, I second that suggestion. It sounds like it would work. :)
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

all glory to the DAKKA machine
but shouldn't the right belt also have a cover on it?
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Since the lever is only attached to the left cover and the cover is lifting it up, so i guess it's reasonable and should be fine without right cover.

Also, would be badass if the ammo belt is not hidden and moves like the basic chaingun.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

comet1338 wrote:all glory to the DAKKA machine
but shouldn't the right belt also have a cover on it?
It doesn't in DOOM (2016), so why should it here?
NullWire

Post by NullWire »

Someone already tried to make the D4 Doomguy hands?

Return to “Resources”