DOOM Weapons for DOOM...? VERSION 2.0 NOW AVAILABLE!

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
doommarine23

Re: WIP DOOM Weapons for DOOM...?

Post by doommarine23 »

Its really incredible work you've done. I've only just glanced at the thread and the pk3 included so I hate to seem like a dumbass if you already did this, but is it possible to please release versions without any hands? I'd love to try animating some of the work here and I think having some handless versions would make my life and I think a lot of other people's lives easier. I could always edit them myself but I figure you probably painted these on separate layers already so it would be easier to ask you instead of re-drawing things myself. Either way, excellent work you've done here, can't say enough how nicely these sprites are.
Neccronixis

Post by Neccronixis »

Nice work you've got there Zombie Killer 8-)
doommarine23 wrote:Its really incredible work you've done. I've only just glanced at the thread and the pk3 included so I hate to seem like a dumbass if you already did this, but is it possible to please release versions without any hands? I'd love to try animating some of the work here and I think having some handless versions would make my life and I think a lot of other people's lives easier. I could always edit them myself but I figure you probably painted these on separate layers already so it would be easier to ask you instead of re-drawing things myself. Either way, excellent work you've done here, can't say enough how nicely these sprites are.
Thanks for the compliment :) I suppose I can edit these sprites so that they have no hands.

UPDATE:
Multiplayer Weapons are now available to download. Sorry they are not in a .wad or .pk3 format but I have been having problems with SLADE 3 lately and it is refusing to work properly on my new OS. This also means that there will be no paletted DOOM versions (only .png true colour) until I can figure out what's wrong with SLADE.
doommarine23

Post by doommarine23 »

Neccronixis wrote:Nice work you've got there Zombie Killer 8-)
doommarine23 wrote:Its really incredible work you've done. I've only just glanced at the thread and the pk3 included so I hate to seem like a dumbass if you already did this, but is it possible to please release versions without any hands? I'd love to try animating some of the work here and I think having some handless versions would make my life and I think a lot of other people's lives easier. I could always edit them myself but I figure you probably painted these on separate layers already so it would be easier to ask you instead of re-drawing things myself. Either way, excellent work you've done here, can't say enough how nicely these sprites are.
Thanks for the compliment :) I suppose I can edit these sprites so that they have no hands.

UPDATE:
Multiplayer Weapons are now available to download. Sorry they are not in a .wad or .pk3 format but I have been having problems with SLADE 3 lately and it is refusing to work properly on my new OS. This also means that there will be no paletted DOOM versions (only .png true colour) until I can figure out what's wrong with SLADE.
That would be incredibly kind of you, thank you very much! What issues are you having with SLADE and what OS are you on? By the way if there is any way I could help with anything, let me know. I think its only fair I offer after you've given all these sprites to the community. :D
The Zombie Killer

Post by The Zombie Killer »

Animated the SSG too. Super proud of that one
EDIT: The SSG animation has been tweaked even further since the above video to give it a bigger punch
Neccronixis

Post by Neccronixis »

Nice work Zombie Killer; the animation is now more akin to the new DOOM.
doommarine23 wrote:What issues are you having with SLADE and what OS are you on? By the way if there is any way I could help with anything, let me know. I think its only fair I offer after you've given all these sprites to the community. :D
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... start=2310 - pages 155-156
Basically, my pc self updated to windows 10 and now everytime I open a wad file or attempt to import my own files into SLADE, it stops working several moments later.
The Zombie Killer

Post by The Zombie Killer »

Here's the beefier reload version:
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Way cool sound also animations. also hope you can add casing effects as well!
Doomguy141

Post by Doomguy141 »

Man this would be amazing if some one put these into like a addon for brutal Doom. And if possible with the weapon addons.
doommarine23

Post by doommarine23 »

Neccronixis wrote:Nice work Zombie Killer; the animation is now more akin to the new DOOM.
doommarine23 wrote:What issues are you having with SLADE and what OS are you on? By the way if there is any way I could help with anything, let me know. I think its only fair I offer after you've given all these sprites to the community. :D
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... start=2310 - pages 155-156
Basically, my pc self updated to windows 10 and now everytime I open a wad file or attempt to import my own files into SLADE, it stops working several moments later.
Strange, I'm on Windows 10 and I've only had an issue with graphics taking awhile to load, which I fixed by reinstalling my graphics card drivers. Have you tried the latest SLADE3 beta? I assume uninstall and reinstalled it as well? I think SLADE3 also requires Microsoft Visual-Studio redistributables, so try grabbing a few of those and installing them.
enderkevin13

Post by enderkevin13 »

Just out of curiosity, how'd you get the lighting for the guns to look different?
Cardboard Marty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Cardboard Marty »

Wow! Great work with the multiplayer weapons. Fantastic stuff you've got here. I would actually say in the future, you could just use the zip format for the sprites instead of .pk3. But that's of course, up to you!
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Stunning. I came here expecting unedited model rips, but you, sir, are a genius.
mutator

Post by mutator »

I think there are 2 versions of doom4 weapons mod, one is zion and other one is with the doom2 guy hand. They are both unique and nice in their own ways :)
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Jimmy »

Neccronixis wrote:Image

Someone get me some towels.
sdk2k9

Post by sdk2k9 »

I can't wait to try this out. The weapons look very well done.

Return to “Resources”