DOOM Weapons for DOOM...? VERSION 2.0 NOW AVAILABLE!

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Carbine Dioxide

Re: WIP DOOM Weapons for DOOM...?

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

We don't need frames, at least I don't. Just a sheet of the idle frames without hands and we should be good to go.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Neccronixis wrote:I am going to release the new set of sprites on the 18th of July. Most of the sprites have been redone and they feature their corresponding upgrades. If you would like to get an idea of what has been done with the sprites, you can see them here in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCeC4JAuOyQ

I did upload a set of the sprites seen in this thread without the hands; I don't plan on doing a hands free sprites with the new set any time soon because I don't look forward to editing hundreds of sprite frames.
I saw the video, and it looks AWESOME. :D THAT'S HOW WE DOOM (2016).

And those BFG Tracers, I wonder how that was done... I've been trying to figure out how to do the tracers without them targeting you, and all lightning like. IT'S SO AWESOME!

There was something major missing... the mobile turret's opening/closing animations, and the look of the closed mobile turret chaingun while firing. I was looking most forward to that.

Do you think you could add those animations in a future update?

Also... dual SSGs? Seriously? :|
Doomguy5th

Post by Doomguy5th »

I tried removing the precision bolt from the current Gauss Cannon.
Attachments
GAUGA0.png
GAUGA0.png (35.56 KiB) Viewed 1121 times
Neccronixis

Post by Neccronixis »

There will be multiple variations of each sprite that correspond to the attachments:
Gauss Cannons.png
Gauss Cannons.png (116.02 KiB) Viewed 1072 times
Doomguy5th

Post by Doomguy5th »

Neccronixis wrote:There will be multiple variations of each sprite that correspond to the attachments:
Gauss Cannons.png
Will there be animations for the gauss cannon body to open when fired? What I mean by that is what I have done with my gauss cannon (and yes, I did give credits to SAHZALPABAEL, Doomero, Keksdose, AlphaEnt, TheChamaleonMalingo, you (Neccronixis), and IAmInnocent), where like after you primary fire, the gun body opens up after releasing the giant projectile, then folds back into it's normal form.
Spoiler:
Don't get me wrong, it still looks great, and I love those sprites, even without the animation I would like to see.
Neccronixis

Post by Neccronixis »

There is a small animation for when you use the Siege mode, I believe it's called. It's not as complex as the animation seen in that video though. Whoever did those animations did a good job too.
NullWire

Post by NullWire »

You make already the 3 kind of grenades?
Terg500
Location: Is anyone here actually being true about their location?

Post by Terg500 »

Neccronixis wrote:There is a small animation for when you use the Siege mode, I believe it's called. It's not as complex as the animation seen in that video though. Whoever did those animations did a good job too.
Would it be possible to contact the author of this so you could use it? I don't know how hard it is to make these sprites but if not could you try to recreate what he has done yourself?
Doomguy5th

Post by Doomguy5th »

Terg500 wrote:
Neccronixis wrote:There is a small animation for when you use the Siege mode, I believe it's called. It's not as complex as the animation seen in that video though. Whoever did those animations did a good job too.
Would it be possible to contact the author of this so you could use it? I don't know how hard it is to make these sprites but if not could you try to recreate what he has done yourself?
Pretty sure IAmInnocent is open to anyone using them, you probably don't need to ask him about those sprites, since I just used them for my BD submod's Gauss Cannon with proper credits.
Clownman

Post by Clownman »

The new shotgun looks weird compared to the old IMO, It looks like a filter was put on it.
Neccronixis

Re: WIP DOOM Weapons for DOOM...? VERSION 2.0 NOW AVAILABLE!

Post by Neccronixis »

Version 2.0 is now available for everyone to download! Thanks everyone for your patience :)
DBThanatos

Re: WIP DOOM Weapons for DOOM...? VERSION 2.0 NOW AVAILABLE!

Post by DBThanatos »

Thank you for your amazing sprites man!
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: DOOM Weapons for DOOM...? VERSION 2.0 NOW AVAILABLE!

Post by Major Cooke »

Agreed. We love every bit of them. We, the D4D team, thank you!
Neccronixis wrote:Image
Oh my god that's sexy.
enderkevin13

Post by enderkevin13 »

Can you post some of the new sprites? I can't download the pack right now I'm on a phone, and I don't have access to a computer for a while. :(
Doomguy5th

Post by Doomguy5th »

OH MY... YES IT'S HERE!!

You guys are awesome.

Return to “Resources”