DOOM Weapons for DOOM...? VERSION 2.0 NOW AVAILABLE!

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Ninja Senshi

Re: WIP DOOM Weapons for DOOM...?

Post by Ninja Senshi »

Neccronixis wrote:
Ninja Senshi wrote:will you be making sprites for the meleeing of each weapon &/or for other First Person stuff, such as for the wall climbing and the fists?
I am not making doomguy hand sprites nor am I making melee sprites; I am finished doing any spritework for a while now because I have done literally hundreds of these weapon sprites (around 500, not including the ones available for download) and it has taken up alot of my time. I do plan to release the new sprites soon - including weapon attachments and some other little surprises.
Understandable, I'll follow this thread to see where it goes. Hopefully someone else can undertake the project. Thanks for the reply :)
Ninja Senshi

Post by Ninja Senshi »

TheCrimsonFucker wrote:
Ninja Senshi wrote: Awesome stuff. I just got interested in modding/mapping for Doom, so I don't know anything yet, but if you are interested, here's a post I made on Doomworld: https://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/ ... t-project/ I was basically wondering, will you be making sprites for the meleeing of each weapon &/or for other First Person stuff, such as for the wall climbing and the fists?
It will be only MP mod or it will be supporting SP too?
The whole point of this mod is to make up for the dissapointing multiplayer of the Reboot. This will be just for Multiplayer, as it will focus entirely on being compatible with beta/alpha builds of Zandronum 3.0.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Another critique...

The bullets on the Heavy Machine Gun are too close together. They should be spaced apart. Probably take out every other bullet in the belt.

You can see this if you look very closely at the ammo feed.
TheCrimsonFucker

Post by TheCrimsonFucker »

Hi Neccronixis, is there any news about progress with new sprites or new upgrades or something else?
Neccronixis

Post by Neccronixis »

All weapon sprites are completed. I do plan on releasing them soon, albeit prior obligations will be fulfilled before the new weapons go public.
enderkevin13

Post by enderkevin13 »

Neccronixis wrote:All weapon sprites are completed. I do plan on releasing them soon, albeit prior obligations will be fulfilled before the new weapons go public.
Amazing!
TheCrimsonFucker

Neccronixis wrote:All weapon sprites are completed. I do plan on releasing them soon, albeit prior obligations will be fulfilled before the new weapons go public.
TheCrimsonFucker

So uh... how soon will be the new sprites? I'm just getting tired to wait. Maybe some preview with triple minigun AKA mobile turret :?: :mrgreen:
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

I'd say let us just wait for the news. Bumping for asking for news and only complimenting especially in months or years old threads are unwelcome. It fools people whom have been hyped!
TheCrimsonFucker

Ugh... waiting just killing me :(
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

And posting about it in the thread isn't going to make the weapons come out any quickier. Play something else in the meantime.
Hellser
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

TheCrimsonFucker wrote:Ugh... waiting just killing me :(
Please stop bumping this thread. Have some patience. Neccronixis does have a life and probably has more important things to do right now than constantly update this thread at your whim. When he has news that is worthy to post here, he'll post it. Just wait.
TheFailgunner

Post by TheFailgunner »

Upgrades?
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I think that chaingun needs redoing. It only halfway looks like the one from DOOM, and it doesn't have those little points at the end of the barrels... and the "viewing hole" of the bullets is on the side of the drum facing you, rather than on the top of the chaingun.

I may have asked this before, but I'm having trouble seeing if I have... was there supposed to be a set of gun sprites without the hands?
Neccronixis

Post by Neccronixis »

I am going to release the new set of sprites on the 18th of July. Most of the sprites have been redone and they feature their corresponding upgrades. If you would like to get an idea of what has been done with the sprites, you can see them here in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCeC4JAuOyQ

I did upload a set of the sprites seen in this thread without the hands; I don't plan on doing a hands free sprites with the new set any time soon because I don't look forward to editing hundreds of sprite frames.

Return to “Resources”