[Concepts] Research & Destroy Weapon Asset Gallery

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!

[Concepts] Research & Destroy Weapon Asset Gallery

Postby TheRailgunner » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:58 pm

I've finally got a scanner hooked up, so I gave these a go.

Bug Hut, or, more properly, Research & Destroy, is a first person shooter in development by the Nanoyagi Development Team in Unreal Engine 4 with heavy science fiction, RPG, and roguelike elements, in which you, a contractor for the legally unrestrained Summerfield Research Conglomorate (or some variation of this title), travel into other universes and alien realities exploring procedurally-generated worlds and installations in search of advanced and exotic technological artifacts for your employers' morally ambiguous scientific purposes. Also, you get to kill things with the end results of Department Blue's labors, upgrading and improving your arsenal and gear as your installation's research progresses.

EDIT: As of the week of February 26th, I've begun work on weapon models, which will also appear here. I've started with the Ayanami-S Carbine for now, but more will come - screenshots are at the bottom of the page.

R&D Main Sketches:
Spoiler:

R&D Small Concept Sketches:
Spoiler:

R&D Detail Sketches, Ayanami Rifles:
Spoiler:

Cleaned R&D Weapon Profiles:
Spoiler:

R&D Weapon Model Screenshots - Untextured, huge screens are huge:
Spoiler:

For now, I've only got guns, guns, and more guns here, as armor sketches aren't as complete or numerous at the moment. Cooler things like vehicles, HUD concepts, aliens, artifacts, a giant sentient ontological portal machine, and an inflatable torpedo launcher will be posted as I sketch them.
Last edited by TheRailgunner on Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:00 pm, edited 14 times in total.
TheRailgunner
Words go here.

Re: [Concepts] Research & Destroy Weapon Sketches

Postby Carbine Dioxide » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:43 pm

I will keep an eye on these, they look great. :)

Made something close to the Disciple.

Carbine Dioxide
Me and Pain go way back.

Re: [Concepts] Research & Destroy Weapon Sketches

Postby TheRailgunner » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:18 pm

Carbine Dioxide wrote:I will keep an eye on these, they look great. :)

Made something close to the Disciple.

Oneupsmanship protocol, activate!

Damn, should've been more patient.

ImageImage

Because sometimes even state-of-the-art assault rifles need to dress to impress. Still, a wood-dressed AR that maintains the same handling characteristics as a modern plastic-and-metal model is something I'd like to see, even if only because it has class. This variant of the Ayanami-S, while equally as capable as it's mil-spec type, is ceremonial, with an accurized barrel, tight-fitting stock, and a relocated fire selector.

ImageImage

The sharpshooter variant of the ceremonial S Carbine, with a 24-inch/60-cm accurized barrel and a very Garand-like dressing; apart from minor changes to the upper receiver to accommodate a reciprocating dust cover, upward-right ejection port, and elongated charging handle (in lieu of the M1's forward assist, although it can be used as one), which are mostly cosmetic touches meant to make the rifle look more like the M1, the rifle functions identically to its carbine counterpart, and, cosmetic workarounds aside, the base S Carbine. The "triple S" can accept scope mounts made for the M1C and M1D sniper rifles, and can be made to accept other optics.
TheRailgunner
Words go here.

Re: [Concepts] Research & Destroy Weapon Asset Gallery

Postby TheRailgunner » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:55 am

*nudges thread towards top of the Resources subforum*

I've been having fun learning how to use Autodesk Maya for the past few days, and this model is the fruit of what would otherwise be my minimal labor:
Spoiler:

This is pretty much a sharp change in direction as far as my Doom-related projects are concerned; while this is primarily for Research and Destroy, many assets will be reused for POU and/or Helsturm, as a model, being versatile and poseable, has many advantages over scratch-made sprites or edits; minimally, this expedites the process of spriting and animating greatly, if not simply enabling the jump to 3D animation.
TheRailgunner
Words go here.

Postby TheRailgunner » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:04 pm

So, I have three functionally complete models - the Lucky Joe revolver, the Ayanami-S Carbine, and an as yet unnamed shotgun similar to the M12 Trench Gun:

Still no textures, but I'll get around to it...someday.
TheRailgunner
Words go here.

Postby Carbine Dioxide » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:59 am

Awesome! Man, I need to learn how to use 3D modeling.

The charging handle on the shotgun makes me think that this isn't some sort of trench gun for some reason.
Carbine Dioxide
Me and Pain go way back.

Postby TheRailgunner » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:54 am

Carbine Dioxide wrote:Awesome! Man, I need to learn how to use 3D modeling.

The charging handle on the shotgun makes me think that this isn't some sort of trench gun for some reason.

I'm considering removing it, as the shotgun I took this detail from is a combination semi/pump shotty (the handle's based off of that of the Benelli M3 Super 90) - I saw it as some sort of backup extraction/ejection mechanism. On the other hand, I do want some sort of distinction from the basic M12 - this shotgun will probably be used in Project Operation Unthinkable as the original Sturmman SG51, which has, among other things, a Kalashnikov-style rear notch sight.
TheRailgunner
Words go here.

Postby TheRailgunner » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:57 pm

Progress on the Machiavellian Disciple. Once the sprite's finished, I might start on the model sooner rather than later.

TheRailgunner
Words go here.

Return to Resources