eawpats - the soundfont!

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Bashe

Re: eawpats - the soundfont!

Post by Bashe »

I've been toying with the idea of rebuilding the whole thing from the ground up, and then from there doing a more vanilla version, but that is a bit of an undertaking so I'll have to chip at it for a while.

I'm glad it's proving useful, however. I've been used to it so long now that I forgot there was a time when I could only get support for it under Timidity.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Re: eawpats - the soundfont!

Post by NightFright »

Great that you are not excluding the option. I guess it's not super urgent right now, anyway. It is already a really good adaptation, but those that have been using the original for many years would still be able to notice differences.

In a perfect world we would maybe also have soundfonts made from the original GUS patches and some with Pro Patches Lite, but I know it's a lot of work and hard to get right. EAWPats is the "bling bling" edition of the few Ultrasound patch collections out there and should definitely get some love.

Anyway, thanks for sticking around and being willing to give this another shot!

Return to “Resources”