Dynamo's One-Stop Resources Shop(NEW!Realms of the Haunting)

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Yagotzirck

Re: Dynamo's One-Stop Resources Shop (NEW! Damage Incorporat

Post by Yagotzirck »

I suppose your right in that I could make the pad bytes another color, I would just have to add an array for already found colors and choose something not included.
Yeah, pretty much :) I thought I could make an example on how to do it but it looks like you figured it out on your own already. Let me know how it goes
ect0s

Post by ect0s »

I have some slow nasty code implemented that halfway works.

Code is faster after a few tweaks. I had to disable a rotation, but that can be done in another script or program easily.

I need to read up a bit more on python image library, I feel like half my struggle is related to its use.

Heres a sample:
https://imgur.com/a/0sWXP
ect0s

Post by ect0s »

HMNuke93 wrote:Glad to help :D , and by the way, your method worked! :wub:
Looking at that image, the 'noise' I see in a few spots could very well be defining the image Widths/Heights. The grainy stuff at the top has a regular pattern and its not image data because of the color variation.

It Certainly looks like it anway.

Since I'm almost done with the KillingTime PC version, I was going to start work on the 3DO version, but if theres another game that people haven't been able to get assets out I'm willing to throw some effort in.

I plan on releasing the tools for extracting killingtimes Files when I clean them up a bit.. as they are, the code is a working mess.
HMNuke93

Post by HMNuke93 »

ect0s wrote:
HMNuke93 wrote:Glad to help :D , and by the way, your method worked! :wub:
Looking at that image, the 'noise' I see in a few spots could very well be defining the image Widths/Heights. The grainy stuff at the top has a regular pattern and its not image data because of the color variation.

It Certainly looks like it anway.

Since I'm almost done with the KillingTime PC version, I was going to start work on the 3DO version, but if theres another game that people haven't been able to get assets out I'm willing to throw some effort in.

I plan on releasing the tools for extracting killingtimes Files when I clean them up a bit.. as they are, the code is a working mess.
There are a bunch of games you could try, but i think Realms Of The Haunting is one of the hardest to rip. There is also Fortress Of Dr. Radiaki( I tried to rip this one too,the textures are uncompressed,but not the sprites), or PO'ed for PSX (nothing compressed, but extremely time-consuming to rip).
ect0s

Post by ect0s »

I have Dr Radiaki installed atm, I did start to write an unpacking tool a while ago, but was more focused on Killing Time. I like taking apart old games, they are pretty fun puzzles. Between them and crackmes theres not much else for easy reverse engineering.

Radiaki uses iff files, which have a loose standard structure. If I can parse them, I can probably dump blocks of data out, and from there work on converting them into something useful.

Reals of the Haunting I've not heard of, I'll look into it.
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

Coincidentally, Realms of the Haunting was the one we wanted to focus on after Last Rites, so any help in that sense would be much appreciated indeed. As for PO'ed, it has partly been ripped, I know the weapons and enemies have been, don't know about the rest.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Yagotzirck wrote:wikia
Wrong one!
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

NeuralStunner wrote:
Yagotzirck wrote:wikia
Wrong one!
In the future, please report these kinds of errors so they can be fixed right away!
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

I have all textures from Realms of The Haunting and surely I have sprites somewhere.
I'll post here a link with my ROTH resources tomorrow (no sounds).
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Ok, these are all textures and sprites + menue graphics from ROTH that actually sits on my hdd.
I worked with these resources 4 years ago and I remember extracting them with xWe then converting from bmp to png truecolor (I was working mainly with textures). Not everything comes clean and perfect, but that's surely a big start for all of you.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Dynamo, i would like to know if you're okay if i use some things from your Disruptor resources.
I know it's a resource thread, but i feel better asking.

Anyway, just a question: Is there a way to convert those VAG sounds?

Thanks man.
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

Sure, you're free to use whatever resources you may want from this pack. It was made to be a service for the entire community. Though I'm curious, what do you intend to use them for?

As for .VAG sounds, ZDoom supports them fine so there really is no reason to convert them, but if you still wish to do so for whatever reason, foobar2000 can do it.

@Ozymandias81: thanks for the link! I checked it out, it appears there are some issues but looks like a good start indeed, we'll see if it can be improved.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Thanks a lot man. As i stated on my request thread about parasite eve 2 these days, i ripped the most insteresting sounds of disruptor (switches, ammo pickups, menu blips, teleports) using audacity and PSXFin. Result: wav sounds with almost 300kb.

Not only that. I really quitted re-doing my flying spider from aracnocide for now, and, since i know this game waaay back from my childhood, the mutant fly from 2nd stage would serve me real good. Not a spider, but something that really looks like it's flying.
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

Ah, best of luck with your project then! As for spiders, there are some that you may check from Duke: It's Zero Hour, as well as witchaven. None of them really fly (after all I don't think any spiders have wings so...) but it's something.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Sorry if this could be going out a bit from this thread, but I think you may update the main OP with this too.

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=50679

Return to “Resources”