Rank/XP System Base

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!

Rank/XP System Base

Postby loismustdie555 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:27 am

This is a simple mod that uses mostly acs and little decorate
It determines when an actor dies and checks their health and gives the player an according amount of "XP" based on the amount of health the monster had.
There's no need to redefine every single monster ENTIRELY, as you'll find inside, each monster is redefined with a spawn state which activates the acs scripts, then goes back to the original actor and acts like normal.
Also I included a script that checks when a monster has first taken damage.

Not much else to say. Feel free to use it as you wish, just credit me if you do. :D

Here's a video demonstration.

And here's a download.
loismustdie555
Pro at getting ahead of myself
Banned User

Re: Rank/XP System Base

Postby NachtIntellect » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:19 pm

I was looking to make something like this for a RPG of mine I was making for Zandronum, I might just instead use these and give you credit as I can just probably build what I want off of this, you have no idea how much time this saves, good job.
NachtIntellect
Eisennacht Headmaster

Discord: NachtIntellect#9270

Re: Rank/XP System Base

Postby loismustdie555 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:09 pm

Whiteace wrote:I was looking to make something like this for a RPG of mine I was making for Zandronum, I might just instead use these and give you credit as I can just probably build what I want off of this, you have no idea how much time this saves, good job.

:D Thank you!
By the way, change the activator to AAPTR_Target or whatever the commented out bits are. It'll make your life a LOT easier if it's for Zan. Since by default it only gives stuff to Player 1
loismustdie555
Pro at getting ahead of myself
Banned User

Return to Resources