Wolfenstein and beeeeeeeeeeeyooooooond!

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
BigDaveHadSomeToo
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Wolfenstein and beeeeeeeeeeeyooooooond!

Post by BigDaveHadSomeToo »

wildweasel wrote:
BigDaveHadSomeToo wrote:I'm not sure why I can't use img tags anymore, but I guess it's somehow related to people not knowing how to compress images to reasonable sizes and/or techbros continuing to ruin the internet for everyone...)
You can regain access to the img tag by reading through this announcement thread.
Neat! Thanks!

(Now I can get banned when whatever image hosts decide to retroactively convert everything into 500mb .mp4s, just so they can add scrolling banner ads to them! Hooray Modern Internet!)
BigDaveHadSomeToo
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Wolfenstein and beeeeeeeeeeeyooooooond!

Post by BigDaveHadSomeToo »

Ok, well that's quite enough goofing around, here's something people will probably actually be interested in:

I'm not entirely happy with the attack animations of the zombies, but... trying to get it looking perfect was what actually killed me last iteration, so... (these were originally being made for BoA, but I guess they aren't needed now they've moved to higher resolution sprites - also be aware these aren't in the DooM palette ((they were originally, but I was told to make them more rotten looking, and overwrote the originals... whoops)), so you'll need a source port with true-colour ((like GzDooM!)) to use them properly)

The elite guard have had their webbing improved slightly, and now carry something that vaguely resembles the FG42.

(So, hey, apparently 900-odd KiB .bmps compress better in 7zip than 50-odd KiB.pngs? The guards were about 350KiB in a full archive with .pngs, but less than 70KiB with .bmps, despite the bitmaps being around 20 times the uncompressed file size of pngs? That's... odd and really interesting... and slightly concerning now that I think about it... I hope my pixels are fine!)
Attachments
ZombiesMelee.7z
4 Variations of Melee Zombie
(169.3 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
FG42Guards.7z
Elite Guard with FG42s
(67 KiB) Downloaded 136 times

Return to “Resources”