Wolfenstein 3D 128x128 resources thread

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
SuaveSteve

Re: Wolfenstein 3D 128x128 resources thread

Post by SuaveSteve »

This all looks amazing. Will it be released in a wad for ECWolf?
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

skitey wrote:could somebody make a pack out of the released retextured files for ecwolf?
JackGruff wrote:This all looks amazing. Will it be released in a wad for ECWolf?
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=48633
AdamMasterArt

Post by AdamMasterArt »

Had anyone made an 128x128 version of the SOD Mission Pack/Lost Episode textures?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Fox666 wrote:No, it's too different and would mean starting from scratch.
at least haze did some of them, though.
Fox666

Post by Fox666 »

These would need a little bit more work (i.e. the pipes doesn't cast shadows) and the style is a little different from the Mac default textures.
YukiHerz
Global Moderator
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YukiHerz »

I lost all of those from my hard drive so i might try to re-do them, but i may not be able to make them Mac-style.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

just make them as what they've intended, please. less id style, more formgen style.
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

I've had a question for a while about the floors and ceilings in Wolf3D... how are they rendered? I know they are a plain color but is it possible to make ECWolf render the floor as a texture instead of a solid flat color?
Woolie Wool
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux, Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Woolie Wool »

In Wolfenstein 3D they're rendered in vertical strips. In ECWolf the colored floors and ceilings are actually flats made from a specific color defined in mapinfo. You can replace the color with the name of a flat and it will render that instead, and if you're making your own levels you can put floor and ceiling textures in them using the third plane.
Fox666

Post by Fox666 »

Just a small update regarding this wall:

Edit: I created a bloody version for the grey rocks, in case someone want to use that for whatever reason. Since it's blood splat is the same of the purple rocks, instead I used the other splat that's new to the Mac version.

DenisBelmondo

Post by DenisBelmondo »

BLAUGH

walls aren't my strong suit.

By the way, apologies if I didn't make it clear enough but the darker versions of the walls aren't actually the E/W versions of the ones in the left column, those are actually MacWolf paletted versions. They just look darker because the darker shades of purple (which are actually dark reds) would look out of place if the surrounding purple was lighter. I would have made all of it purple and have no shades of dark red like the PCWolf paletted one but the Mac palette doesn't have as many shades of purple.
LkMax

Post by LkMax »

What an excellent thread that I stumbled by. :)

I've been working for some time on making higher resolution textures for the Lost Episodes, for the sake of completion of my "hd" mod and also because the Lost Episodes textures can be used (and were in fact used) on other mods that have better level design than the expansions thenselves :p
Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time doing the more natural textures like rocks and the more psychedelic colorfoul ones like the "disco wall" (as I like to call one specific texture) because of the pallete.
Since I've already spent quite some time doing them and I don't now when (or if) the whole set will be completed, I'll leave here what I've already done.

NOTE: Following the method Fox used for comparison, the top textures are the original and the bottom textures are my "remastered" 128px versions.
NOTE 2: Most of them are still RGB but should convert fine to the Lost Episodes pallete.

METAL WALLS - PART 1

METAL WALLS - PART 2

GREY BRICKS - PART 1
NOTE: It's a small thing but I'm particularlly proud of how "realistic" the bullet holes appear to be for a 128px texture.

GREY BRICKS - PART 2
Fun fact: The plane picture is totally unrelated to the original texture, but it's close enought that I downsized, removed the colors and expanded the clouds a little, and the end result was pretty nice. I might tweak the frame a little bit before releasing my next mod update.

RED BRICKS

BLUE WALLS

GREY WALLS

BLUE WALLS 2
NOTE: Not very happy with the way these rocks ended up, I used the jaguar/mac textures as base but they are smoother stones than the Lost Episodes rocks.
On the other hand, the doors are fine.

Veredict: 53 textures down, 107 to go.
I've also done some sprites that I'll release later.
YukiHerz
Global Moderator
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YukiHerz »

I love it, much better than my attempt, inb4 The Lost Episodes Unbadification Project.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Looks amazing, but you should do something about the blood stained jail door texture with bullet holes; That blood stain looks shiny and slimy unlike 64x64 one.
LkMax

Post by LkMax »

HazeBandicoot wrote:I love it, much better than my attempt, inb4 The Lost Episodes Unbadification Project.
You've made some nice textures, I might use the white wall one if you don't mind. Also, it does need an "unbadification project" but i'd rather do a complete new mod and use some of these textures. :p
Captain J wrote:Looks amazing, but you should do something about the blood stained jail door texture with bullet holes; That blood stain looks shiny and slimy unlike 64x64 one.
I might tone it down a little.

Return to “Resources”