jdredalert's resources thread

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
jdredalert

jdredalert's resources thread

Post by jdredalert »

After coming up with some new stuff these days, i decided to make my own resources thread. Here i'll post all the stuff i've been messing around, mostly weapons sheets ripped from other games. Share is care, so i'm sharing those sprites with all the community. Feel free to use and improve those as you wish, and remember: credits are always appreciated. :)

Sprite Edits:
Spoiler:
Model Rips:
Spoiler:

Weapon Code:
Spoiler:

Also, i wish i could share with all you guys my blog page once more. For those who don't know, it's the Red Alert Warehouse. It's a simple page were i put some resources available for public. You can find fully working playable examples of weapons using the sprites posted above. Most of the weapons were made by me, but i also take other people submissions - some friendly fellas like IdGamer and MarlboroMike sent me a lot of resources that i'm hosting there as well. If any of you want to contribute, i'll be happy and gladly host your work there. It's a small page, but i'm taking small steps into a dream. Maybe a huge site like Realm667 someday... :D

Anyway, i hope i can be of help to the community. I'll try to keep both this thread and the blog page always updated, so stay tunned. Thank you for your time, and i hope you can make a good use of the resources!
Last edited by jdredalert on Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:46 pm, edited 98 times in total.
Jblade

Re: jdredalert's resources thread

Post by Jblade »

Nice work on the grenade launcher! Just one thing though, in your archives there's a chainsaw sprite with missing credits, Geoffrey of the Duke community modified the original sprites (which itself was based on the Unreal Tournament Chainsaw) I think Ubao attached the arms to them :)
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Thank you for that information. I got those sprites diggin' a lot of pages back on the Spriting Carnival, but i couldn't find any mention to this name. I may have missed though. I'll add the credits right away. If there's any other missing credit name, i'll gladly add it were it deserves.

And about the grenade launcher... well, i took me around three hours to code it perfectly. I had i slight notion on what to do, since i spent a day planning it's code while doing other stuff in real life, but my initial plans proved to be lacking a lot of solutions in order to make it bug-free. Thank you for your compliment, i'm happy that you liked it!
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Added some Alien Trilogy edits to the OP. The idea came to mind after messing with Angel-Neko_X edits of the Pulse Rifle and the Smartgun, and i though "why not give a shot with the rest of the arsenal?", and that's the result.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

They look very cool, but they all look kind of blue, as if the border leaked onto them.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

That's dropbox fault, i think. Re-uploaded in imgur now.
NachtIntellect

Post by NachtIntellect »

Can you please post those hands in the first spritesheet? I've been looking for more like crazy.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Yeah. Luckily, i keep all the hands used in my sprites, so here they are. All the hands used on the Alien Trilogy sheet. Hope it helps.
Spoiler:
NachtIntellect

Post by NachtIntellect »

Thankyou, much obliged.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

You welcome!

Also, added a Doom 3 Chaingun edit and my own take on DoomNukem's Desert Eagle to the sprites.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Lever Action shotgun (Model 1887) from Fallout New Vegas added to the first post.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Updated with a few new sprite sheets and a weapon sample that simulates three different ammo types.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Might just post this here:

Old rip, new muzzle flash, weapon now recolored.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Model Rips section updated, with both New Vegas 1911 and Sturdy Caravan Shotgun.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Excellent work! Nice model rips indeed!
Can you also rip the Thermic Lance from New Vegas? I'd really need it :) No need to add Doom hands or anything, just rip it as it is. You can even leave the shitcrap on each image.

Return to “Resources”