[RESOURCES] DoomNukem's shack of stuff nd shit.

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!

Re: [RESOURCES] DoomNukem's shack of stuff nd shit.

Postby Carbine Dioxide » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:05 pm

A slimmer version!

Carbine Dioxide
Me and Pain go way back.

Postby comet1337_old » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:15 am

now that looks more like a shotgun
and a fine one at that
comet1337_old

Postby Carbine Dioxide » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:51 pm

Thanks, now all I need is a color scheme different from the ATM rifle.
Carbine Dioxide
Me and Pain go way back.

Postby PA1NKI113R » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:41 pm

Carbine Dioxide wrote:Thanks, now all I need is a color scheme different from the ATM rifle.

How about a chrome/silver finish? Or a matte black one. Just some ideas.
PA1NKI113R

Postby Carbine Dioxide » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:36 pm

This took a long ass time to do, and it still looks ugly.

Carbine Dioxide
Me and Pain go way back.

Postby Doomguy5th » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:37 pm

I actually wonder what all of these weapons would look like with Red Dot Sight, ACOG, Holographic ECOTECH, and without optics. Especially those old DoomNukem Brutal Doom Rifles. If possible, could you do sprites for scopes, with the reload animation of the BD Rifle? Sorry if I sound like a Brutal Doom Hipster, but I would really like to see scope sprites, so I could mess around with A_GunFlash with the rifles, making the rifle look like it has better optics for the player.
Doomguy5th

Postby Jeimuzu73 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:58 pm

Magless-sprites for DN's side-fed PDW. Gonna turn it into a more conventional UMP-styled variant.
Jeimuzu73
Name's Odd. James Odd.

Postby Doomguy5th » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:04 pm

MJ79 wrote:Magless-sprites for DN's side-fed PDW. Gonna turn it into a more conventional UMP-styled variant.

Now I'm kinda curious. I would like to see the UMP variant, but any recommendations on how to make the UMP sprites angled? I use PDN, so I have no idea how to rotate. All I do is minor editing with imgs.

This was just made out of pure fun, and this might disgust a load of you guys, but I wanted to see what happens if I remove part of the scope from the DoomNukem rifle, and then it turned out like this. Prepare to go WTF IS THIS:
Spoiler:

I tried... :lol:
Creds to DoomNukem
Doomguy5th

Postby DoomNukem » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:24 am

some progress, finally a super shotgun i'm happy with, sort of like a sawed off elephant gun.

Carbine Dioxide wrote:A slimmer version!

This looks awesome great stuff.

DoomCraft wrote:I actually wonder what all of these weapons would look like with Red Dot Sight, ACOG, Holographic ECOTECH, and without optics. Especially those old DoomNukem Brutal Doom Rifles. If possible, could you do sprites for scopes, with the reload animation of the BD Rifle? Sorry if I sound like a Brutal Doom Hipster, but I would really like to see scope sprites, so I could mess around with A_GunFlash with the rifles, making the rifle look like it has better optics for the player.

That seems like alot of work, Id like to do some customisations for bd like upgrades but I don't think id include too many scopes, the rifle will already have a holographic sight.
DoomNukem
That messed up noise when you run over a cat, like stepping on a juice box.

Postby Max Dickings » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:07 am

God damn, that is a really good looking SSG! Can't wait for the next release :D
Max Dickings

Postby Mav3rick » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:52 am

I would prefer something more like this one :D

with the ability of switching from single barrel to double and with 14 bullets and manual or clip reload will work just fine :P
Mav3rick
Need some light??

Postby Carbine Dioxide » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:49 pm

That's what I tried to base my ATM shotgun edit on, but I'm very happy on how it looks now, especially since Doom Nukem himself gave it a thumbs up. :)

UAC Assault Rifle V3!

Carbine Dioxide
Me and Pain go way back.

Postby Doomguy5th » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:03 pm

DoomNukem wrote:Image

some progress, finally a super shotgun i'm happy with, sort of like a sawed off elephant gun.

Carbine Dioxide wrote:A slimmer version!

This looks awesome great stuff.

DoomCraft wrote:I actually wonder what all of these weapons would look like with Red Dot Sight, ACOG, Holographic ECOTECH, and without optics. Especially those old DoomNukem Brutal Doom Rifles. If possible, could you do sprites for scopes, with the reload animation of the BD Rifle? Sorry if I sound like a Brutal Doom Hipster, but I would really like to see scope sprites, so I could mess around with A_GunFlash with the rifles, making the rifle look like it has better optics for the player.

That seems like alot of work, Id like to do some customisations for bd like upgrades but I don't think id include too many scopes, the rifle will already have a holographic sight.

First off, that shotgun reminds me from something from Black Ops 2 Mob of the Dead or even from BioShock. I will actually die laughing if you make something like a Blundergat.

About that scope idea, I just meant making the sprites for the scopes with no rifle at all. I MUST SEE WHAT A DOOMNUKEM RIFLE LOOKS LIKE without a scope. Then, if anyone wants to put on a scope, they could just load an addon, with extra A_GunFlash and the scope sprites with the movement of the rifle. It might make it even better if we could put a scope on an SSG or sights on a shotgun :idea: .

@Carbine I must see the end result. That looks glorious as heck.
Doomguy5th

Postby osjclatchford » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:52 am

DoomNukem wrote:Image

nom-nom-nom, thats what I've been looking for since I first started modding doom :D . I could just eat it up and long for more!

that just looks so satisfying and generally beautiful. as you say, like an antique 1800's 12 gauge thats had the front 3/4 hacked off to better slay demons. to cut an antique down, heresy? but not really any other option when the alternative is to die at the hands of rampaging monsters cos the barrels too damned long to swing about! desperate times and all that. kudos on this one an absolute masterpiece. should we expect reload frames in our future?
osjclatchford

Postby Carbine Dioxide » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:52 pm

Tried to make angled reload frames for the V3 rifle.

Carbine Dioxide
Me and Pain go way back.

PreviousNext

Return to Resources