[MISC] Ozymandias81's Requests / Links / Resources

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!

[MISC] Ozymandias81's Requests / Links / Resources

Postby Ozymandias81 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:20 am

Image

Hello builders, I was wondering if somebody has necessary muscles to extract/decompress resources for these games or explain the "how do I...." (that's the reason why this reply is here):

LAST RITES (I have this game, abandonwarez)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2q6Ekjfb3g

KILLING TIME (I have this game, abandonwarez)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo-6JeHs6ZY

ULTIMA IX: ASCENSION (I have ORIGINAL extemely rare 1999's USA Collector's Edition with ALL Ultimas)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-Sbqj6QaSY

ARX FATALIS (I have this game, don't know if it's abandonwarez)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2MM8bn1Tew

PS: I'M NOT TRYING TO ADVERTISE ANY OF THESE GAMES! I ONLY NEED RESOURCES FROM THEM AND FOR NO OTHER REASONS! ALSO I WILL NOT PAID FOR THIS!
Last edited by Ozymandias81 on Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
User avatar
Ozymandias81
Doom is a State of Mind... Out of Control.
 
Joined: 04 Jul 2013
Location: Mount Olympus, Mars

Re: Ozymandias' Requests

Postby Tristan885 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:57 pm

Last year, I did rip all the textures of Killing Time PC. I did the rip with the help of TiledGGD (a software to view graphics inside unknown file datas). It may be incomplete or have some duplicates since the game data had texture package files for each maps, which sometimes made me confused if I already ripped one of them or not.

You can have the Killing Time PC textures here.
I think I left a random folder in it saying "Pre-Release" but I think I was wrong, there weren't really any textures from Pre-Release version different to the Final version.

Sadly, I never got to rip the game sprites. They seems to be compressed and have to be cracked to be displayed properly.
I might try to rip again the weapons sprites, since they were shown correctly.

I extracted the killtime.rez file with the help of this extractor tool here: http://www.ctpax-x.org/index.php?goto=files&show=123
And with that, it also extracted all the game sounds, that you can download here.
It contains sounds from both Pre-Release and Final version.

For Last Rites, Diodeus had some rips of it.
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=37544 Check in this thread under the Games resourses rips spoiler, the game Last Rites and you will find the Weapons sprites, Textures and Sounds.
User avatar
Tristan885
I'm keeping your television on.
 
Joined: 04 Sep 2012
Location: Canada, Québec
Discord: Tristan885#1880

Re: Ozymandias' Requests

Postby Ozymandias81 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:46 am

Tristan885 wrote:Last year, I did rip all the textures of Killing Time PC. I did the rip with the help of TiledGGD (a software to view graphics inside unknown file datas). It may be incomplete or have some duplicates since the game data had texture package files for each maps, which sometimes made me confused if I already ripped one of them or not.

You can have the Killing Time PC textures here.
I think I left a random folder in it saying "Pre-Release" but I think I was wrong, there weren't really any textures from Pre-Release version different to the Final version.

Sadly, I never got to rip the game sprites. They seems to be compressed and have to be cracked to be displayed properly.
I might try to rip again the weapons sprites, since they were shown correctly.

I extracted the killtime.rez file with the help of this extractor tool here: http://www.ctpax-x.org/index.php?goto=files&show=123
And with that, it also extracted all the game sounds, that you can download here.
It contains sounds from both Pre-Release and Final version.

For Last Rites, Diodeus had some rips of it.
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=37544 Check in this thread under the Games resourses rips spoiler, the game Last Rites and you will find the Weapons sprites, Textures and Sounds.

WOW, that's indeed what I mean for "give some help"! Very very many thankx to you Tristan885, I hope this will be the start of some loooong cooperation for resources purposes... For this reason, here you are a present for you (and for the community BTW :lol:): These are ALL Clive Barker's Undying textures, they're supposed to be released on Realm667 repository in the future (these are also inside this closed forum)

Anyway, got some hint about Ultima IX? Ten years ago there were some dead software useful for extract U9 resources, but for now here you are what's still exists http://ultima9.ultimacodex.com/
User avatar
Ozymandias81
Doom is a State of Mind... Out of Control.
 
Joined: 04 Jul 2013
Location: Mount Olympus, Mars

Re: Ozymandias' Requests

Postby Tristan885 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:06 pm

I found this page here: http://wiki.ultimacodex.com/wiki/Ultima ... al_Formats
It explains the game data files and at the end, it has a download link to the tools to extract the game data files. Since I don't own the game myself, you may have to try it yourself with the tools.

Here's the link to the tools: http://bursik.de/ultima/tools/downloads/u9tools.zip
This tool seems to extract and decode the game musics: http://jdrexler.com/home/ultima/u9decode/ (Just look for u9decode.zip)
User avatar
Tristan885
I'm keeping your television on.
 
Joined: 04 Sep 2012
Location: Canada, Québec
Discord: Tristan885#1880

Re: Ozymandias' Requests

Postby Ozymandias81 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:43 am

I was thinking that this link was already dead... but I see that u9tools.zip could be uploaded now. I only need an old version of GCC and then all is done. Thankx, I need these resources for a new RPG Hexen project that I'm planning to do (inspired to Ultima Underworld BTW).
User avatar
Ozymandias81
Doom is a State of Mind... Out of Control.
 
Joined: 04 Jul 2013
Location: Mount Olympus, Mars

Re: Ozymandias' Requests

Postby Ozymandias81 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:47 am

Uhmm... unfortunately these tools seems to broken my win7u installation and I don't want to take the risk... anyway there are plenty of resources here and I think that I can't complain with such things... :-)
User avatar
Ozymandias81
Doom is a State of Mind... Out of Control.
 
Joined: 04 Jul 2013
Location: Mount Olympus, Mars

Re: Ozymandias' Requests

Postby CeeJay » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:35 pm

You can find the weapon sprites from Killing Time (PC) here:

http://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_com ... eet/49657/

Don't think this'll be of any direct use, though
CeeJay
 
Joined: 14 Mar 2010

Re: Ozymandias' Requests

Postby Tristan885 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:07 pm

CeeJay wrote:You can find the weapon sprites from Killing Time (PC) here:

http://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_com ... eet/49657/

Don't think this'll be of any direct use, though

That was my old rip, but I find it bad since they were from screenshots instead of actual rip from the game data.
User avatar
Tristan885
I'm keeping your television on.
 
Joined: 04 Sep 2012
Location: Canada, Québec
Discord: Tristan885#1880

Re: Ozymandias' Requests

Postby Ozymandias81 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:00 am

Tristan885 wrote:
CeeJay wrote:You can find the weapon sprites from Killing Time (PC) here:

http://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_com ... eet/49657/

Don't think this'll be of any direct use, though

That was my old rip, but I find it bad since they were from screenshots instead of actual rip from the game data.

BTW I could edit them in a short time, if I need. Thankx and :rock:
User avatar
Ozymandias81
Doom is a State of Mind... Out of Control.
 
Joined: 04 Jul 2013
Location: Mount Olympus, Mars

Re: Ozymandias' Requests

Postby Ozymandias81 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:07 pm

Anybody can help me finding some enhanced batman sounds? I've find some with SNES Batman Forever, but I need more of them... No. I don't need any sounds from BatmanDoom, since I'm working on a project called Batman Doom: Reborn...
Last edited by Ozymandias81 on Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Ozymandias81
Doom is a State of Mind... Out of Control.
 
Joined: 04 Jul 2013
Location: Mount Olympus, Mars

Re: Ozymandias' Requests

Postby TheBadHustlex » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:16 pm

I have to thank you for requesting the Last-Rites-Weapons. I've found a lot of nice sprite-bases because of that.
User avatar
TheBadHustlex
Better than stalin.
 
Joined: 03 Oct 2013
Location: 'stria

Re: Ozymandias' Requests

Postby Ozymandias81 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:13 pm

TheBadHustlex wrote:I have to thank you for requesting the Last-Rites-Weapons. I've found a lot of nice sprite-bases because of that.

Thankx goes also to all ZDoom Forums. BTW, beside of the Female Zombies, while weapons sprites are really beautiful/useful, monsters sprites seems to be very less than their real number (I liked zombies loosing their parts, living and following you even if half-divided... but there are no one of them!).

I've a question for you: I'm using the SkullTag grenadelauncher for my project GORE, but it's poor and I don't like it. Do you know some better GrenadeLauncher sprites for Doom2 (remember that I must use rockets for ammo, so brutal or RL styles could be not so coherent with it)?
User avatar
Ozymandias81
Doom is a State of Mind... Out of Control.
 
Joined: 04 Jul 2013
Location: Mount Olympus, Mars

Re: Ozymandias' Requests

Postby TheBadHustlex » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:23 pm

Would this do?

It's from old DemonEclipse-Resources by Eriance, and he gave them open for public use.
Attachments
DE_GL1.png
User avatar
TheBadHustlex
Better than stalin.
 
Joined: 03 Oct 2013
Location: 'stria

Re: Ozymandias' Requests

Postby Ozymandias81 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:28 pm

TheBadHustlex wrote:Would this do?

It's from old DemonEclipse-Resources by Eriance, and he gave them open for public use.

Uhmm... fine thankx, these could be very useful... and do you need something?
User avatar
Ozymandias81
Doom is a State of Mind... Out of Control.
 
Joined: 04 Jul 2013
Location: Mount Olympus, Mars

Re: Ozymandias' Requests

Postby TheBadHustlex » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:58 pm

Ozymandias81 wrote:and do you need something?

Don't feel the need for something particular in the moment, but thanks.
User avatar
TheBadHustlex
Better than stalin.
 
Joined: 03 Oct 2013
Location: 'stria

Next

Return to Resources

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests