[Resources] Gloom Deluxe assets (v2 Update 12/05/17)

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

[Resources] Gloom Deluxe assets (v2 Update 12/05/17)

Post by Kinsie »

Gloom Deluxe is an Amiga game that looks like this:

Here's a zip containing all its actor sprites, textures, sounds and music.
Download

Any questions?

EDIT: UPDATED MAY 12 2017
This is Version 2 of the rip. Version 1 was primarily ripped from the game assets themselves using a lengthy, rickety chain of tools that transcended platform and common sense. Version 2 primarily pulls from the developers' original dev folders and DeluxePaint source files (https://github.com/earok/GloomAmiga), fixing a great many problems.

In some cases with the Pics folder, what was in the source directories differed, sometimes in appreciable ways, from what was in the final game. In these cases, I have provided screenshot rips from Gloom Deluxe alongside them.
Last edited by Kinsie on Fri May 12, 2017 12:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jblade

Re: [Resources] Gloom Deluxe assets

Post by Jblade »

These are pretty cool, thanks for taking the time to share them!
Tristan885
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Tristan885 »

Those are amazing rips! :D

I wonder if "Fears" Amiga FPS game could also work since it's data files use the (CrM2) CrunchMania compression format too.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Dat baldy. 200% muscle.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Kinsie wrote:Any questions?
Yes: how did you do this? :p

But yeah, awesome job with this! If other games use this compression format, they might be rippable too.

Edit:
I notice the HUD and weapon graphics are missing, which you noted in the resource itself. Were they in a different format that you couldn't crack?
IMX

Post by IMX »

Interested in it as well, also thanks for ripping what you could
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Tristan885 wrote:Those are amazing rips! :D

I wonder if "Fears" Amiga FPS game could also work since it's data files use the (CrM2) CrunchMania compression format too.
Crunch-Mania is just a compression format. Behind that, you'd still have to deal with whatever fucked up proprietary file format the developers deigned to use.
Snarboo wrote:
Kinsie wrote:Any questions?
Yes: how did you do this? :p

But yeah, awesome job with this! If other games use this compression format, they might be rippable too.

Edit:
I notice the HUD and weapon graphics are missing, which you noted in the resource itself. Were they in a different format that you couldn't crack?
How I did this: I used ADF Opus to pull the necessary actor art files from the discs (the textures and images were included with the map editor tools as raw DeluxePaint images, very usefully), then copied everything (files, utils etc.) over to a Workbench 3.x environment that came with Amiga Forever. From there, I used the command line tool xfdDecrunch to decompress the files, GloomUtils to view and screengrab the actor spritesheets and created a blank floppy disk image so I could port decompressed files back to Windows when necessary (for sounds).

And yeah, I don't know how to get at the gun, font and pic formats yet. The pics are no big loss since there's decent-quality screenshots on Mobygames, but everything else would be, you know, nice.
Kinsie

Re: [Resources] Gloom Deluxe assets (v2 Update 12/05/17)

Post by Kinsie »

UPDATED MAY 12 2017
Download

This is Version 2 of the rip. Version 1 was primarily ripped from the game assets themselves using a lengthy, rickety chain of tools that transcended platform and common sense. Version 2 primarily pulls from the developers' original dev folders and DeluxePaint source files (https://github.com/earok/GloomAmiga), fixing a great many problems.

In some cases with the Pics folder, what was in the source directories differed, sometimes in appreciable ways, from what was in the final game. In these cases, I have provided screenshot rips from Gloom Deluxe alongside them.
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

Hello, it's been a while, but I wonder if it's possible to get the Metaphisix/Deathhead sprites as well? They are not included in the package. It's the Beholder/Cacodemon-like enemy in the hell levels.
g1-deathhead.png
g1-deathhead.png (8.26 KiB) Viewed 15543 times
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Cherno wrote:Hello, it's been a while, but I wonder if it's possible to get the Metaphisix/Deathhead sprites as well? They are not included in the package. It's the Beholder/Cacodemon-like enemy in the hell levels.
g1-deathhead.png
It's already in the pack, in OBJs/dhead.png
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

I'm sorry, I didn't notice it. You are right. Thanks.
Rayman The Hedgehog

Post by Rayman The Hedgehog »

I know this is a bump (a very ugly one) but a year ago i was able to rip the gun
here is if you want to update the resource pack @kinsie
Attachments
Gloom Deluxe Gun
Gloom Deluxe Gun
Gun.png (8.89 KiB) Viewed 14210 times
Last edited by Rayman The Hedgehog on Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

Thanks. Maybe one day I'll find the time to work on my Gloom TC again and I can finally put the correct gun in it :)
Rayman The Hedgehog

Post by Rayman The Hedgehog »

Cherno wrote:Thanks. Maybe one day I'll find the time to work on my Gloom TC again and I can finally put the correct gun in it :)
Don't worry pal, The gun was in the same format as the rest of the images used in the game, if you can put accurately the muzzleflashes cuz i tried and the only thing i got is confusion about the TEXTURES Lump :l

but anyway my next target is Testament & Trapped resources (if can getting tile molester working) :|
BurntCheezy
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by BurntCheezy »

Thanks bro I was looking for some sprites and crap to use for a wad

Return to “Resources”