[update] I will NOT write for your project.

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!

Re: [Writing] I will write for your project.

Postby xenoxols » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:36 am

If it has the flip animation, then it would be cool to have a reference to terminator in the description.
xenoxols
Pocket Watch Queen

Postby Carbine Dioxide » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:49 am

It is not going to have a flip animation because I am lazy, plus I would need the whole sprite,including the hand and grip to do a flip.
Carbine Dioxide
Me and Pain go way back.

Postby Slax » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:55 pm

Carbine Dioxide wrote:Here is a weapon I might be using: A lever action mad by Jazz Master9 and polished by Blox.

Beep beep.

shotguns
Slax
Saucy.
... in loving memory ...

Postby Xaser » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:59 am

Heyo,

I'm not entirely sure if it'll totally kick off the ground this time around, but there have been vague talks that have got me thinking about Psychic's campaign again. If it happens, I actually might could use your help, Weasel. I've got a lot of lore n' characters n' story mapped out (and partially sprited :P ), but I'm rather rubbish at putting words on paper at times. Would help to get things properly done, at least. :D
Xaser
anarchivist

Postby wildweasel » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:16 pm

Xaser wrote:Heyo,

I'm not entirely sure if it'll totally kick off the ground this time around, but there have been vague talks that have got me thinking about Psychic's campaign again. If it happens, I actually might could use your help, Weasel. I've got a lot of lore n' characters n' story mapped out (and partially sprited :P ), but I'm rather rubbish at putting words on paper at times. Would help to get things properly done, at least. :D

Maybe at some future date, I can totally fan-fic a backstory for your mod. =P
wildweasel
from a different perspective.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Xaser » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:51 pm

Heh, maybe; would be neat to see. :P

Really, though, the big thing I'd love some help on are in-universe descriptions of things (e.g. weapons at the shop, place locales on the "choose your next stage" map, etc.) and character dialogue (yay Strife trees). Just like what you do with gun descriptions, 'cept actually in the map somewhere. :P
Xaser
anarchivist

Postby rsl » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:23 pm

Sounds like a very original help offer! :D

Really though, in the past I have always tried writing little backstories and weapon briefings for my mods, but since English is not my mother tongue, I always thought they would have sounded a bit "strange" to an english-speaking reader.
So yeah, should I ever manage to finish the project I am currently (theoretically) working on, I shall be happy to ask you to write some fresh lore for me - or at least review the stuff I would have goofily tried to put together for that time. :wink:
rsl
Forgotten One

Postby Carbine Dioxide » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:04 pm

I think I have something here now. I think they can use a name and description.

THE REAL THING 1.1.png

THE REAL THING1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carbine Dioxide
Me and Pain go way back.

Postby wildweasel » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:37 pm

Carbine Dioxide wrote:I think I have something here now. I think they can use a name and description.

I need to know how it works. Is it a rapid-fire rifle? Is it an automatic shotgun? Is it some bizarre plasma gun? Does it shoot rubber ducks and take shop rags for ammunition? I can't write an effective description if you can't tell me what I'm writing about.
wildweasel
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Carbine Dioxide » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:45 pm

Okay, sorry.

The scoped rifle is semi - automatic, and uses 5.56mm rounds. It will allow people to zoom in and out.

The rifle with the front sight is full - automatic, and uses 7.62 NATO. I think it will have a slightly slower reload, and will have more recoil, considering both weapons are the same size, but use different cartridges. maybe not, because they use different stocks.

You can decide, Wild Weasel.
Carbine Dioxide
Me and Pain go way back.

Postby wildweasel » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:35 pm

Carbine Dioxide wrote:Okay, sorry.

The scoped rifle is semi - automatic, and uses 5.56mm rounds. It will allow people to zoom in and out.

The rifle with the front sight is full - automatic, and uses 7.62 NATO. I think it will have a slightly slower reload, and will have more recoil, considering both weapons are the same size, but use different cartridges. maybe not, because they use different stocks.

You can decide, Wild Weasel.

Alright then, here goes.
Spoiler:
wildweasel
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Carbine Dioxide » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:52 pm

AMAZING
Carbine Dioxide
Me and Pain go way back.

Postby Carbine Dioxide » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:57 pm

Mind making a name and back story for this one too? It's a LMG configuration for the Octavian Rifle Series.

THE REAL THING 2.1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carbine Dioxide
Me and Pain go way back.

Postby wildweasel » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:29 pm

I'll give that one a go, too.
Spoiler:
wildweasel
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Carbine Dioxide » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:23 pm

Jesus christ, man, that is awesome! So it cools down the barrel with a fluid? :wub:
Carbine Dioxide
Me and Pain go way back.

PreviousNext

Return to Resources