[Textures] Animated monitors & switches

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
X-DOOM

Re: [Textures] Animated monitors & switches

Post by X-DOOM »

Reactor wrote:The work is done. X-DOOM wanted me to create 10 animated monitors which involve or are about Doom/Doom 2 monsters. It was not easy, as I had no clear monster animations, but eventually I managed to put together decent monitors with various Doom monsters. Here is the archive:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/123 ... nitorz.zip

HOLY MACARONI !!!!!!!!
WOW this is exactly what i wanted and i didn't expected you could make these that so much perfect. OMG.
This was a hell of a good job. Nicely done. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Thanks
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Reactor wrote:Yes, the monitor frame, too. The first one is actually was a microwave oven... :D
He he. Cunning. :D
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

I'm glad I could help :) I will upload the radars & rest of them animated switches shortly :)
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

UPDATE: Archive moved to Google Drive, added new computer/monitor animations, the total number of frames are now above 1800 alltogether.
Animated switches archive is not yet updated, 5 more switches need to be created to complete the archive.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

I'm almost done with all animated switches, so expect an update soon. Here are some previews for ya. 85% of them will be electronic and computer-themed switches, I guess gothic and medieval-themed switches will be 3D-lever models, if possible. More information is required. Also, some of the switches were not meant to be deactivated - I shall include a TXT in the archive, which'll designate, which switches have two or more states, and which switches have active state only, and cannot be deactivated (storywise, these will be switches for machines whose activation is a primary objective, deactivating them would mess up the level). I have sound effects for them as well, tho I don't know if I should submit them along with the graphics. You decide it! Also I have no coding for either of the switches, so you shall need a competent coder for the small activation delays and other programming stuff.

Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

Nice! Looking forward to the rest.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

UPDATE: Animated switch archive has been uploaded, first post is updated. Phew! Dag-nabbit, it was some work...
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

The next batch of animated monitors & computers are on its way. It will include old CRT-monitors with simpler animations, and hi-tech monitor screens as well. The old monitors can be utilized on past/present-day environments, and can be broken, whilst the hi-tech futuristic screens were meant for more futuristic scenarios, obviously. These cannot be damaged or destroyed. All of these will be used in Tristania 2, the older monitors at early industrial levels, such as Magma Refinery, System Control and Nukage Processing, whilst the hi-tech ones will be utilized on levels like Ast-city and Future Fuckballz. Use them wherever you feel like.

Here are some samples for ya. Click on the images to see the animation.

Deon

Post by Deon »

Welcome back!
It looks like archives require access, could you check their availabity please? This is fantastic stuff.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

EDIT: Links have been updated. You should be able to download the archives right away.
doomzie

Post by doomzie »

Hi, the samples you posted of your animated monitors look very interesting.

I was wondering, is it normal that Google asks me to log in with a google account to download these files?
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

I'm not sure, I never met this issue before. If it keeps refusing your download, I can upload'em some place else.
doomzie

Post by doomzie »

Reactor wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:22 pm I'm not sure, I never met this issue before. If it keeps refusing your download, I can upload'em some place else.
Yeah, it's requesting a log in. I've been trying for a long time to download this file, so I don't expect it to suddenly work.

I would certainly appreciate it if you uploaded it somewhere else, like zippyshare or whatever (no account required).

Thanks!!
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Very well, I uploaded the monitors on Zippy. Better download it quickly, or it'll be gone before y'know it!

https://www63.zippyshare.com/v/mEuzNpbk/file.html
doomzie

Post by doomzie »

Reactor wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:15 pm Very well, I uploaded the monitors on Zippy. Better download it quickly, or it'll be gone before y'know it!

https://www63.zippyshare.com/v/mEuzNpbk/file.html
Snatched. Thanks a lot. I love the screens with the radars. I'd like to see it in action, but I'm just seeing the images.

1843 Moni*.png files.

Is this the full collection or only the monitors? I think I'm missing the switches?

So, to make it work, I need to make an ANIMDEF file and list all the images from this package right?

update:
So I tried to get access to the original files with a Google account I just made and after logging in, it gives a Google 403 error.

Return to “Resources”