[Weapons] Little known FPS weapons

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Reactor

Re: [Weapons] Little known FPS weapons

Post by Reactor »

UPDATE: Finished and uploaded Šāhpuhr (Sapor). The displayed animation is just a crude sample, the actual images are in 1024×768 resolution. So far this is the biggest weapon in mah collection, but was still easier to make than the Prism rifle.

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3QNHp ... tV8psdLs_A

The Sapor is a unique fighting weapon. Its origin is no doubt Arabian, clearly signified by its name; King Sapor was a powerful ruler of the Sassanid dynasty, who even overpowered Roman emperor Valerianus, captured him and enslaved him for the rest of his life. Judging from its name, the Sapor is surely a superior firearm. Well, that's what it is.
As you may see, the Sapor is a man-portable gun enplacement with a frightening rate of fire. Well, a bit slower than the CA-MG or a Gattling cannon, but still has extreme rapid fire. It can be carried around and deployed anywhere, provided it's a solid ground, and the massacre can begin. It uses the same high caliber 12,6mm ammunition as assault rifles (Sabrine MK3-MK4, AA-10 "Pantokrátor", Z-Type), therefore it can lay waste on pretty much anything which is not heavily armored. It also has a bullet shield installed in the front of the gun, effectively protecting the soldier from enemy shots. A full length ammo belt stores 500 bullets alltogether.

The Sapor is however, not without its handicaps. This is a heavy battlefield armament, it can not be fired from hands, it must be deployed to work. The soldier operating the Sapor can't move anywhere until the gun is deployed, making him unable to strafe, so it's wise to use the Sapor when the back is safely secured. Also, this is the gun with the longest reloading time (89 frames), so it's better to shoot well and accurately wit' this puppy, as when the ammo belt runs out, and the dust settles, any survivor can easily retaliate. :?
Last edited by Reactor on Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

UPDATE: Resized the RPG-7, Merkov, and Sabrine MK3 animation, so it could be uploaded to imgur (the PNG frames are still in original resolution). No new guns...yet...

Henix Aurorus, here is the stuff you requested: Pickup sprites and sounds. I don't have a Magnum pickup sprite (it's an enemy-only weapon), the Magnum and the Trance-am has no draw sounds, and as for the Prism rifle...I'm still lookin' for a gunshot sound which would be just perfect for this weapon. So far, I haven't found that "bestest" Prism rifle sound, the Red Alert 2 ones are too heavy for a hand weapon. If everythin' else fails, you may use it with the Quake 3 railgun blast sound effect. Better than nothing...

http://www2.zippyshare.com/v/7855878/file.html
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Now I am working on animated scopes for a few high-tech weapons. The first one is completed and ready to put in business. Here is a little sample for you - the entire animation consists 68 frames. Resolution is 1024×768.

Thanks to the crappy GIF animator, which can't seem to understand transparency, and the animated results are garbage because of this, currently I can only issue a standstill frame. Treat the black areas as transparent, and several graphics elements as changing transparency during the animation - "pulsating".
Attachments
Prism rifle scope preview
Prism rifle scope preview
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Well...the scope for the Sonic oscillator also seems to be done. Animation uploaded to imgur.
If you need it, tell me, instead of extracting the GIF frames. The 256-colour adaptation of the scope is deplorable, the originals have much much higher quality. 1024×768.

http://i.imgur.com/mrTdE4g.gif
Oberron
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Oberron »

The links are broken. Fix it Reactor.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Oberron should have wrote:The links are broken. Could you please fix it, Reactor?
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Oberron wrote:The links are broken. Fix it Reactor.
Sir, yes Sir!!!

Which ones? The pictures show up flawlessly, the Sonic oscillator scope link also works (all of them are imgur now).
As for Zippy liks, they were just temporary uploads upon request. Which links don't seem to work?
Last edited by Reactor on Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
torridgristle

Post by torridgristle »

So there's no way to actually get these and the only way to see them is huge GIFs whose colours have been destroyed rendering them useless? This is an absolutely terrible way of distributing your rips.

ZIP each collection of PNGs, put them online somewhere, and link to them under a static image.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

As I wrote before, if someone needs the original true-color PNG collection, just write a response or a PM, like Henix did, and I shall wire the desired gun over. So far, not many people wished to utilize'em, therefore I never really felt the necessity of packing the whole thing and upload it somewhere permanently. Not to mention DropBox went nuts lately, and claims I used up the whole storage space (even if I didn't), so no more uploading for you, nanananana!

The animated GIFs are just crude samples, they never meant to be extracted and used that way. Unless of course, someone plans to use them in a 256 native colour Doom mod/TC. I've deliberately chosen to make GIF animations, because many resource collectors like to use the keyword "animated" when they are surfing "da Intarnetz" for useful stuff, and despite they searched strictly for animated stuff, 98% of image search results are static pictures. This is when the resource collector's brain goes into a nuclear meltdown...

"OK, they look very nice. And where is the animation? Nowhere? Oh I get it, I'll just imagine it there. Yea, funny joke there, dear search engine, hahaha, that was hilarious..."
torridgristle

Post by torridgristle »

People not asking doesn't mean that people don't want it, it just means that they don't want to put up with your system.

Don't use Dropbox if it's telling you it's being used up, use MediaFire or Mega.co.nz

Reactor, 100% of image search results aren't animated on "da Intarnetz" since it's all JPEG thumbnails. When they go to the page they'll read that there's an animation. If anything, they would go into a "nuclear meltdown" over there being no downloads and terrible GIFs.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Sure, fine, I can upload them to MediaFire or Mega.co.nz. At earlier times, DRDteam was perfect, but alas, since it's down, mostly I can offer temporary file storages. As I witnessed, Mediafire can also be quite temporary sometimes, even with uncopyrighted stuff, whilst DropBox never deleted anything I did not want. However, I'm willing to give it a try somewhere, which has a download counter or some sort, so I can actually see if there is enough interest for the resources or not.

I'm doing image search mostly by Firefox, and there, animated GIFs are animated, if I click on them to see a bigger resolution. Yea, that's all peaches and cream, if the rest of the images served along with that one wouldn't be unusable static garbage, and this is what makes resource hunters mad. Internet Explorer cannot do that.
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

Hey, Reactor.
good to see this post floating again.
How's the TWiNE 64 Singleplayer weapon rips?
Oberron

Post by Oberron »

I might upload you the sounds for the remaining weapons (rips from Mirage's Sniper), but I done that already. See page 2 or 3 to get it. It is a little known game, which was plagued by bugs.

So far, the sounds though.
Last edited by wildweasel on Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please USE THE EDIT BUTTON to add more things to an existing post. DO NOT post two things in quick succession. This is a forum, not a chat room, you have PLENTY of time to write your post!
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

I'm finally done with the animated scope for the Death A.32 Rage Plasma rifle too. The animation consists 60 frames, and much like the Prism rifle scope, it uses green colour. Only one more animated scope needs to be done.

As for the sounds, they were not part of the actual resources here (mainly because some of them is yet to be recorded), I just offered some for Henix in case he hasn't enough sounds for his project. So they're not really parts of either weapon set.
Attachments
Plasma Rifle scope sample
Plasma Rifle scope sample
Oberron

Post by Oberron »

On page 1, your (Zippy) links are expired when I click on them. Could you please re-upload the files, Reactor?

Return to “Resources”