[Weapons] Little known FPS weapons

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [Weapons] Little known FPS weapons

Post by wildweasel »

Reactor wrote:Animated ammunition variations. Can someone recommend me a GIF animation software which displays glow and transparency just right? This looks crap.
GIF doesn't support alpha translucency, only pixels that are There or Not There. Sadly, there's not a widely adopted web image format that supports both alpha and animation. (There's APNG, but that's only natively supported by Firefox and requires an extension to work in anything else.)
phantombeta
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by phantombeta »

wildweasel wrote:(There's APNG, but that's only natively supported by Firefox and requires an extension to work in anything else.)
Chrome supports APNG natively. (And other major browsers like Safari and Opera do too)
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Ah, well, I did recall having to install an extension before, but it seems APNG support finally became a part of Chrome last year. (Sure took them a while...)
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Ahh, I see. I guess then I'll have to manually slap black background then.
[sigh] Hopefully the previews will look better that way. Well, thanks anyway.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Dear SHEY ACEITUNO!

I have received your request. However, whenever I try to share the Backstab wit' you, Google Drive says "Sorry, but the administrators of woodlandschools do not permit to share items with users" or something. If you still need the package, gimme a PM or somethin', and I'll wire it over via e-mail.
Madsora22

Post by Madsora22 »

Oh man...those sprite models look real good and smooth! Might try them out if i ever get into trying to make some 3D weapons!
ObsidianPlague
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by ObsidianPlague »

You might wanna fix the links on the zip archives, for some reason they're all privatized
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Ye, I noticed that. Damn Google Drive keeps messin' wit' me.
All right, gimme a few days and I fix'em up. I'll have to upload new stuff soon anyways.
Kizoky
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Post by Kizoky »

How did you green screen some of Sniper: Path of Vengeance (in Hungary called Mesterlövész)'s anims?
I have been trying to do that for a very long time since unfortunately I can't extract models + anims from the game
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

I didn't :) What you see is 100% hard rip. So everything was done by hand. Paint.NET helped me removing the shitcrap from each image, but in many cases, I had to draw lines in MSPaint, because the magic wand kept takin' out half of the weapon, and using bright lines was easier than tryin' to figure out the exact tolerance value.
You can try your luck with a LithTech Model Viewer (if there's any), but don't have high hopes.
Kizoky
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Post by Kizoky »

Reactor wrote:I didn't :) What you see is 100% hard rip. So everything was done by hand. Paint.NET helped me removing the shitcrap from each image, but in many cases, I had to draw lines in MSPaint, because the magic wand kept takin' out half of the weapon, and using bright lines was easier than tryin' to figure out the exact tolerance value.
You can try your luck with a LithTech Model Viewer (if there's any), but don't have high hopes.
You are a madman hahaha
Nah, unfortunately that Model Viewer doesn't support animations, I would have started doing a remake in GZDoom already..
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Very well - all links have been updated. You should be able to download without problems now.

Return to “Resources”