[RESOURCE-Update 14/06] Non-SoloSpaghetti's Depot

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!

[RESOURCE-Update 14/06] Non-SoloSpaghetti's Depot

Postby SoloSpaghetti » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:43 am

So, at last, I feel the necessity to put in only on tread, all of my resource freely usable.

- Weapons
Spoiler:

As for armors or monsters, or anything else those will come eventually later.
Feel free to use these resources, just credit me, and keep me informed on your project. ;)
If there are any problem in crediting or anything else, make sure to tell me, and I'll do my best to fix it.
Last edited by SoloSpaghetti on Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:15 am, edited 11 times in total.
SoloSpaghetti
Upgrated!

Re: [RESOURCE] Non-SoloSpaghetti's Depot

Postby Yholl » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:58 am

I did wonder if you might start collecting your work together. A very impressive collection of things already!
Yholl
I will hit you with my Decorate.

Postby SoloSpaghetti » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:07 am

Yholl wrote:I did wonder if you might start collecting your work together. A very impressive collection of things already!

Eheh.. I've tons of files for DoomRL (like almost one hundred among armors and boots, plus some weapon pick-ups, and about twenty monsters among complete and incomplete... eh!), but I promised myself that I would release them only when our mod would be finished... You know, exclusivity make things more interesting! :P
SoloSpaghetti
Upgrated!

Postby Mayhem666 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:01 am

Hey just a question, I would like to know if you will do the SSG mentionned in the other thread?

Just important for me to know because i actually want this really badly :o
Mayhem666
Black Metal

Postby SoloSpaghetti » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:54 am

Of course, I've just found a rather intersting way of reloading, keep your fingers crossed, it's rather compless, but I think you'll like. ;)
SoloSpaghetti
Upgrated!

Re: [RESOURCE-Update 11/06] Non-SoloSpaghetti's Depot

Postby Mayhem666 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:21 am

Quit a nice SSG we have out there.

For my Project, about the weapon. i would add the Main hand that hold the weapon actually.

Also about the sprite sheet, Is there a IDLE about the eye in the ready state for exemple? i'm not sure to understand all the purpose if you can elaborate about the entire concept. :)

E : if u didnt already know, my project is based on D64 and will be on this concept (Maps,weapons,items etc...) :P
Mayhem666
Black Metal

Postby SoloSpaghetti » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:47 am

Mayhem666 wrote:Quit a nice SSG we have out there.

For my Project, about the weapon. i would add the Main hand that hold the weapon actually.

Also about the sprite sheet, Is there a IDLE about the eye in the ready state for exemple? i'm not sure to understand all the purpose if you can elaborate about the entire concept. :)

E : if u didnt already know, my project is based on D64 and will be on this concept (Maps,weapons,items etc...) :P

Well, that is up to you. :)
You prefer a more static weapon? Normal blink is the one you need. Need a more curios weapon? Use the frames in wich it looks left or right spaced out by the blink frame.
Or maybe you want a furios looking weapon? Make the eye looking randomly in all direction before the blink. ;)
Other frames, the ones for reload, are just in the order they need to be. Full syringe -> blood injection -> empty syringe -> blood tear.
Or maybe you can use the tear after the fire animation, or maybe randomly when load... It's up to you and your fantasy! :D
Ah, if you find more practical I can share a compressed riectory with all the separate frames! ;)
SoloSpaghetti
Upgrated!

Postby Mayhem666 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:57 am

SoloSpaghetti wrote:
Mayhem666 wrote:Quit a nice SSG we have out there.

Well, that is up to you. :)
You prefer a more static weapon? Normal blink is the one you need. Need a more curios weapon? Use the frames in wich it looks left or right spaced out by the blink frame.
Or maybe you want a furios looking weapon? Make the eye looking randomly in all direction before the blink. ;)
Other frames, the ones for reload, are just in the order they need to be. Full syringe -> blood injection -> empty syringe -> blood tear.
Or maybe you can use the tear after the fire animation, or maybe randomly when load... It's up to you and your fantasy! :D
Ah, if you find more practical I can share a compressed riectory with all the separate frames! ;)

I'm not sure about what would be the best for my project, what do you think ?

Also, Is it possible to add tu Main hand actually?
Mayhem666
Black Metal

Postby SoloSpaghetti » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:03 pm

Well, I'd say the second could look a bit better. About the main hand, if you look at the pick up sprite it is inside some sort of tentacles that grows around the grip... so you shouldn't see it... Is it really necessary?
SoloSpaghetti
Upgrated!

Postby Mayhem666 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:09 pm

SoloSpaghetti wrote:Well, I'd say the second could look a bit better. About the main hand, if you look at the pick up sprite it is inside some sort of tentacles that grows around the grip... so you shouldn't see it... Is it really necessary?

Oh well, i see, You mean that the Hand is inside this kind of thing. I agree that i would be ok. Unmaker doesnt have the hands anyway.

With all that sprites i'll need to Organize all this. ( Your build )

I already made ''Demonic Ammos '' With the Unmaker so i'm not sure if the shotgun can also use them.

What projectile would it fire? Not sure :o
Mayhem666
Black Metal

Postby SoloSpaghetti » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:17 pm

If you want to go my way, since blood is where our soul is stored for several culture, i'd say one or two of that red ghost in spritesheet, with a behaviour similar to the one of the last weapon of cleric in hexen, maybe if you decide to put only one adding +RIPPER could be fun. :D Either way I'd go with a hellish-rocket-like projectile... Anyways I'd make it to behave quite a lot differente from normal SSG... because... you know... it's alive, and demonic, and you already have used tons of SSG 'till now in Doom! :P
SoloSpaghetti
Upgrated!

Postby Mayhem666 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:26 pm

SoloSpaghetti wrote:If you want to go my way, since blood is where our soul is stored for several culture, i'd say one or two of that red ghost in spritesheet, with a behaviour similar to the one of the last weapon of cleric in hexen, maybe if you decide to put only one adding +RIPPER could be fun. :D Either way I'd go with a hellish-rocket-like projectile... Anyways I'd make it to behave quite a lot differente from normal SSG... because... you know... it's alive, and demonic, and you already have used tons of SSG 'till now in Doom! :P

Yeah i know, but i needed like a SSG, but with Demonic power. Well, i don't really know what i will do with those. But still, it's a really unique weapon there.

I'm really confused about my things :P i guess i'll need to revise my weapons. I'm that kind of guy that like to have a variety of arsenals like alots of weapons.
Mayhem666
Black Metal

Postby SoloSpaghetti » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:26 pm

You could always make a Blood SSG, something like Eriance's Demon Eclipse hell weapons! :)
SoloSpaghetti
Upgrated!

Postby Slax » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:53 pm

Cybervile just keeps summoning cool stuff with his red cybermagic. Dunno how Doomguy's Blinky arm looks ingame but from a glance the colors look washed out for some reason. They're all green! Gotta be something better out there.
Slax
Saucy.
... in loving memory ...

Postby Mayhem666 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:55 pm

SoloSpaghetti wrote:You could always make a Blood SSG, something like Eriance's Demon Eclipse hell weapons! :)

I actually want a Demon SSG that fire a special kind of Shell. but with the demonic look if u know what i mean. Your Shotgun normal is really cool for this but for a SSG would be awesome :)
Mayhem666
Black Metal

Next

Return to Resources