Onslaught Six's Resources

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!

Onslaught Six's Resources

Postby Onslaught Six » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:46 pm

I've always been making stuff, but this time I think the bug is here to stay--at least for a little while. Also, I seem to be consistently making things people are at least semi-interested in this time around, so here we are.

Zombified Ranger
Based on zrrion's Quake Ranger player sprites, I just added blood to them. After seeing it in-game I think I can probably improve on it, but for right now, here we are.
There's two versions included, a regular one and a Sergeant variant, but they're just translations of the regular guy.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/626 ... /Grunt.wad

Silver Shotgun (v1)
Credits go to Cage for D64 reload animations, torridGristle for touchups from spriting carnival, KDIZD team and Captain Toenail for the Coachgun parts I used (not sure who did what), and Yholl for muzzle flash (which I originally neglected to do) and for ripping the sprites to the game (because I am lazy). Also me for edit and for DECORATE. Right now, it just acts like the vanilla SSG, obituaries and all. Will probably go back and add an altfire (for individual barrels) and improve on it.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/626 ... /O6SSG.wad

Doom 64 Pain Elemental
Originally started by jaws45, but it had some problems, so I decided to revamp it and do it the way I thought it should be done.
Two versions: One that spits Lost Souls, and one that spits the Rictus from 667 (included for convenience, with some light balancing tweaks).
Additional credit to Yholl for some cleanup I didn't know it needed, plus the Rictus creators and whoever did the sounds for the Soul Harvester, who I ganked a few sounds from for the Rictus because I didn't like the ones he had (too loud and too long). I did the idle sound by manipulating the Ogre idle sound from Quake in Audacity and Fruity Loops (for some compression and stuff).
There is also a commented out "Suck" attack that was supposed to make him suck the player towards him and then eat him, but I had problems balancing it and getting it to behave properly so I commented it out. Feel free to mess with it.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/626 ... mental.wad
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/626 ... Rictus.wad

Future stuff planned, but don't hold your breath:
-Thunderbolt weapon from Quake
-Enforcer enemy from Quake
-New minigun
-Stomper smooth animations/sound pack upgrade

Might submit some of this to R667, too, so we'll see.

Feel free to use anything I make, just give credit and, ideally, let me know so I can check it out!

(ps. I think a few of the pictures are outdated, check the WADs for best results)
Last edited by Onslaught Six on Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Onslaught Six
Oozing of Onslaughttitude

Re: Onslaught Six's Resources

Postby Nordevai » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:36 am

This + Decorate = Infinite Love

Seriously, I'd love to see that thing in game.
Nordevai

Postby Xaser » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:47 pm

Hmm, I really want to like that D64 Pain Elemental edit, but I can't get over how the mouth is the Doom explosion graphic. It looks like it's perpetually blowing up. :P
Xaser
anarchivist

Postby Onslaught Six » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:55 pm

I could replace it with something else--it's on a separate layer beneath the mouth and I saved my project file. I already stuffed it into a WAD though (see first post). Also, it's a much bigger improvement over the original IMO.

It is also less noticeable in-game. He very well could have a perpetual explosion in his mouth, too.
Onslaught Six

Postby Mayhem666 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:29 pm

What would have been cool with this d64 pain elemental edit is to have a similar death state like the original d64 one. Using the same gfx i guess. instead of classic doom explosion.

I would also surely use this one on a d64 mod of course.
Mayhem666
Black Metal

Postby Onslaught Six » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:13 am

Mayhem666 wrote:What would have been cool with this d64 pain elemental edit is to have a similar death state like the original d64 one. Using the same gfx i guess. instead of classic doom explosion.

The only sprite rip I could find looked like crap. I wasn't about to use that as a base. (although I did steal some of the hair from it!) Besides, someone else is plenty welcome to try their hand at a new death sequence--I'm not about to tell them no.
Onslaught Six

Postby Mayhem666 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:22 am

Onslaught Six wrote:
Mayhem666 wrote:What would have been cool with this d64 pain elemental edit is to have a similar death state like the original d64 one. Using the same gfx i guess. instead of classic doom explosion.

The only sprite rip I could find looked like crap. I wasn't about to use that as a base. (although I did steal some of the hair from it!) Besides, someone else is plenty welcome to try their hand at a new death sequence--I'm not about to tell them no.

Well i have the gfx of this on my mod but i guess the d64 pain elemental looks like your link. Not sure if could get better quality or whatever. but still look great. i just found this interessing for me since i was working on a mod of d64.

It's not every day we see new monster looks like d64 so i had some hope about that :P
Mayhem666
Black Metal

Return to Resources