Page 9 of 10

Re: [Resource]HD Modern Game rips Compilation and Rip Tutori

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:51 am
by Sinael
WARCHILD_89
Scaling down is not a problem. Just use imagemagick tool with the command line I posted several pages ago and that does the trick, resulting in sprites that are smoothed inside, but have crisp borders without any antialiasing leftovers

The exact command for ImageMagick to transform the sprites into the doom-friendly is (use through CMD line and cd into the IM directory):
Spoiler:


This command takes Doom's AR correction into account, squishing sprites vertically just the right ammount for them to look right under Doom vertical AR correction. If you want sprites to be widescreen friendly, you'd have to adjust their position via TEXTURES lump, which can be automatically generated using imagemagicks "Mogrify" tool (see spoiler above). If you want them as vanilla as possible - use XNViewer (free tool) to crop out the middle of the frame before trimming.

This is how the sprite looks in-game
Image

And this is how it should be in the end for a game to display it right (squished vertically to account for Doom's AR correction):
Image

Re: [Resource]HD Modern Game rips Compilation and Rip Tutori

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:38 pm
by AlphaEnt
Sinael wrote:Hello everybody. I actually had my PC fixed long time ago, however I lost most of the data I was working with, so I've been kinda lacking in the motivation department. The fact that downloads of my stuff wasnt going well (aka nobody was downloading them), and I havent seen people using my stuff (at least as a base) for their projects aside from couple of those I specifically ripped for, didnt help either. I felt that my efforts were not needed and I better apply them elsewhere. I still might do a rip on request, but dont bet your money on it. Also I was out of loop with DooM commuity for the last few months, so there's that.


Yeah, I understand your point. I've been doing Rips for Doom for almost 10 years and not so many people notice the effort i had to put on it. I don't have the same feeling when i've started long ago. However i've learned a lot about decorate and other Doom stuff...
And just to prove you my words aren't empty, this is a video from another mod i'm working on as we speech.
Spoiler:




Sinael wrote:I have the raw data needed for the Authority Rifle from Rage rip, but the scope area became artifacted due to lightning conditions I ripped all the other stuff (and the rifle included). If you want I can try and rip it in my spare time, but results may end up being unsatisfactory.


The raw data means the uncompressed versions of those sprites? If that, then no problem, I can convert them to 8bpp by myself with photoshop. I have some techniques =P

What does mean that the scope become artifacted? I don't understand that term since english isn't my main language and never heard that word being used that way =P
You mean the Scope part have some reflections like this?
Spoiler:


Oh, BTW, i've managed to rip the weapons sounds under optimal conditions, heh.

And if it means something to you, this is what i've done until i've noticed your computer got broke. It took me 2 days. (Notice the lack of muzzleflash, since I work on the weapons first, then later add the effects.)
Spoiler:


BTW, No pressure, man. If you don't feel comportable doing rips again, just tell me, as i'm also doing this on my spare time (I have higher priority on my current unfinished projects)

Re: [Resource]HD Modern Game rips Compilation and Rip Tutori

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:05 am
by Sinael
@ AlphaEnt
That video you postet looks pretty good (there's some jerking in the animations that i think weren't there originally, but nothing that cant be fixed with DECORATE).

The Raw Data I mentioned are videos of the gun in action on a black background with disabled dynamic lighting (otherwise it gets covered with shadows). Video itself is compressed with Lagarith loseless codec - my method is described in detail in the OP. The artifacts I mentioned consist of black squares that appear over the golden surface of the scope - its a ressult of special reflection effect malfunctioning without dyna,ic lighting.

I may try and rip/photoshop it in my spare time in the next few weeks

Also apparently part of the IP-range of my service provider got blacklisted so I had to use proxy to post this :P

Re: [Resource]HD Modern Game rips Compilation and Rip Tutori

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:39 am
by AlphaEnt
Sinael wrote:I may try and rip/photoshop it in my spare time in the next few weeks


Ok, no problem. No pressure either. ;)

Re: [Resource]HD Modern Game rips Compilation and Rip Tutori

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:06 am
by AlphaEnt
Ok, so i just wanted to update you on what I've did with those "Rage rips"
So, basically, i've done the decorate, ripped the sonds from the game, and added Doom-like muzzleflashes, casing and some scripts for weapon recoil.

Spoiler: Videos


Although my computer isn't so powerful, I think I can try to rip the Machinegun it's missing. However, I must ask what you did to obtain such a clean lightning...
Did you customize the fov? There are some console commands to achieve that looks?

I would appreciate some answer ;)

Re: [Resource]HD Modern Game rips Compilation and Rip Tutori

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:24 am
by Jeimuzu73
Those RAGE rips look way better than what I did.

Re: [Resource]HD Modern Game rips Compilation and Rip Tutori

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 3:02 pm
by mutator
Is Sinael still around? I want to request him to make gun sounds for F.E.A.R guns he released... Also if he can make sprites according to each gun because I have no idea how this stuff works but I really wish to do F.E.A.R mod for doom

Re: [Resource]HD Modern Game rips Compilation and Rip Tutori

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:18 pm
by Jeimuzu73
AlphaEnt wrote:Ok, so i just wanted to update you on what I've did with those "Rage rips"
So, basically, i've done the decorate, ripped the sonds from the game, and added Doom-like muzzleflashes, casing and some scripts for weapon recoil.

Spoiler: Videos


Although my computer isn't so powerful, I think I can try to rip the Machinegun it's missing. However, I must ask what you did to obtain such a clean lightning...
Did you customize the fov? There are some console commands to achieve that looks?

I would appreciate some answer ;)

Do you have a link to the RAGE rips mod?

Re: [Resource]HD Modern Game rips Compilation and Rip Tutori

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:23 am
by AlphaEnt
MJ79 wrote:Do you have a link to the RAGE rips mod?


Well, i have an internal test version, but have some multiplayer bugs. I was about to release the mod with fixed bugs like 2 months ago, but my computer got broken and didn't went able to release it. I'm still waiting for the computer being fixed since i don't have backups for some other mod's. If no data is lost, then i will make it public asap, as well as some other mod's. I think it will be released on august or september (if the fixed version gets lost)

Re: [Resource]HD Modern Game rips Compilation and Rip Tutori

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:33 pm
by cortlong50
AlphaEnt wrote:
Sinael wrote:Hello everybody. I actually had my PC fixed long time ago, however I lost most of the data I was working with, so I've been kinda lacking in the motivation department. The fact that downloads of my stuff wasnt going well (aka nobody was downloading them), and I havent seen people using my stuff (at least as a base) for their projects aside from couple of those I specifically ripped for, didnt help either. I felt that my efforts were not needed and I better apply them elsewhere. I still might do a rip on request, but dont bet your money on it. Also I was out of loop with DooM commuity for the last few months, so there's that.


Yeah, I understand your point. I've been doing Rips for Doom for almost 10 years and not so many people notice the effort i had to put on it. I don't have the same feeling when i've started long ago. However i've learned a lot about decorate and other Doom stuff...
And just to prove you my words aren't empty, this is a video from another mod i'm working on as we speech.
Spoiler:




Sinael wrote:I have the raw data needed for the Authority Rifle from Rage rip, but the scope area became artifacted due to lightning conditions I ripped all the other stuff (and the rifle included). If you want I can try and rip it in my spare time, but results may end up being unsatisfactory.


The raw data means the uncompressed versions of those sprites? If that, then no problem, I can convert them to 8bpp by myself with photoshop. I have some techniques =P

What does mean that the scope become artifacted? I don't understand that term since english isn't my main language and never heard that word being used that way =P
You mean the Scope part have some reflections like this?
Spoiler:


Oh, BTW, i've managed to rip the weapons sounds under optimal conditions, heh.

And if it means something to you, this is what i've done until i've noticed your computer got broke. It took me 2 days. (Notice the lack of muzzleflash, since I work on the weapons first, then later add the effects.)
Spoiler:


BTW, No pressure, man. If you don't feel comportable doing rips again, just tell me, as i'm also doing this on my spare time (I have higher priority on my current unfinished projects)




These are fuckin amazing. Looks like a lot of frames.

Re: [Resource]HD Modern Game rips Compilation and Rip Tutori

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:44 am
by AlphaEnt
Ok guys, wanted to comment an update of the Rage mod i was working on some months ago.
My computer broke 7 months ago, so I was unable to work on the mod until october, when i've fixed the computer.
Spoiler:


So, now that i recover my modding capabilities, i've finished the mod (at least, enough to make it public)
It can be played singleplayer, coop and deathmatch, on sourceports gzdoom and zandronum.
High res weapons and ketchupv5 are optional
I don't know what else to say, it's a simple, arcadey mod made just for the sake of having fun

The video is one week old.
Spoiler:

Re: [Resource]HD Modern Game rips Compilation and Rip Tutori

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:02 pm
by luigiman0640
Would it be possible to rip Team Fortress 2 weapons? I've tried with OBS Studio, but there's always a bit of greenscreen around the edges

Re: [Resource]HD Modern Game rips Compilation and Rip Tutori

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:11 am
by TiberiumSoul
Considering Sinael hasnt been around for some time i doubt it...

Re: [Resource]HD Modern Game rips Compilation and Rip Tutori

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:13 am
by zerthex
I would like to see some tf2 weapon rips. But stock weapons only. and in the low res scale so they won't be overly large.

Re: [Resource]HD Modern Game rips Compilation and Rip Tutori

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:32 am
by wildweasel
Public Service Announcement: If you want to request things, use the Resource Request Thread, NOT a specific person's resource or tutorial thread.