[Resource]HD Modern Game rips Compilation and Rip Tutorial

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Sinael

[Resource]HD Modern Game rips Compilation and Rip Tutorial

Post by Sinael »

So, I've been told that the stuff I rip would be better posted on the single thread, so I obliged.

Most of the rips here will be in 1280x720, if not stated otherwise. The sample sprites are downscaled three times (to Doom's native 240p) to preserve space.

Some older PCs may experience slowdowns when operating fast changing (1 tick) frames of large size, so there will be optimised sprites for some (or all, when I get to it) weapons, every non-idle frame reduced to dithered 256 colors, saving 3/4th of space without noticable impact (they change so fast so you hardly notice lower quality color transitions).

You can do anything you want to this sprites, as long as you give credit to the game they were ripped from, and me for wasting my time ripping it.

Also there is some sort of short DIY tutorial on how to get same rips from other games.

Here's a link to the Mediafire folder with all the rips

Hard Reset New!
Kinetic Weapon New!

E.Ψ.Ǝ: Divine Cybermancy
By request of Bloax.
The following sprites are a bit overbrightened due to ripping conditions. I suggest bringing Black level up by 20 points to counter that.

6CT6_222
ImageImageImage

444BearKiller
ImageImageImage

Arrancadora
ImageImageImage

BettyBoom
ImageImageImage

BK13
ImageImage

BlackCrow
ImageImageImage

Bosco
ImageImage

CAWHammer
ImageImageImage

Damocles
ImageImageImage

Depezador
ImageImage

Excidium
ImageImage

HS010
ImageImageImage

HuntingMachine
ImageImageImage

KA95
ImageImageImage

MedkitSyringe
ImageImageImage

Motra
ImageImageImage

RottenMound
ImageImageImage

S6000
ImageImage

SpiculumOvum
ImageImageImage

Sulfatum
ImageImage

Grenade
ImageImage

Call of Duty 5: World at War
The following sprites are a bit overbrightened due to ripping conditions. I suggest bringing Black level up by 20 points to counter that.

Arisaka
ImageImageImage

BAR
ImageImageImage

BrowningM1919
ImageImageImage

Colt1911
ImageImageImage

DBShotgun
ImageImage

DP28
ImageImageImage

Gevehr43
ImageImageImage

Kar98k
ImageImageImage

M1A1Carbine
ImageImageImage

M1Garand
ImageImageImage

M1897Trenchgun
ImageImageImage

Magnum357
ImageImageImage

MG42
ImageImageImage

Mosin
ImageImageImage

MP40
ImageImageImage

Nambu
ImageImageImage

PPSh41
ImageImageImage

PTRS41
ImageImage

Springfield
ImageImageImage

STG44
ImageImageImage

SVT40
ImageImageImage

Thompson
ImageImageImage

Tokarev
ImageImageImage

Type99
ImageImageImage

Type100
ImageImageImage

WaltherP38
ImageImageImage

Unreal Tournament '99
This rip was difficult to make because original UT'99 can't handle widescreen well - it zooms in on the gun instead of widening the viewable area, and FOV correction distorts the gun's appearance, making it look squished. So instead of ripping it from UT'99 I had to try and port the guns to Unreal Gold, that does not have such issues, but then (when I spent quite some time on it) I found out that there is a port of these guns already! The animations were partially broken, due to differences between the engine versions, not to mention UT'99 original animations had some errors, notably rocket pop-in during Eightball reload. I tried my best to fix them, and I had to completely redo Eightball's reload and pumping in of the six'th rocket from pieces of other animations. However my skills aren't as good, and the transition between my edits is noticable, especially by shading on the rockets. If someone can make a better edits, please do so.

Flak Cannon

Impact Hammer

Chainsaw

Enforcer
ImageImage

GES Bio Rifle

ASMD Shock Rifle

Minigun

Pulse Rifle

Ripper

Eightball Rocket Launcher

Sniper Rifle

Redeemer

Brink
Due to the fact that there's a lot of weapons, I suggest you proceed to the link at the beginning of the post. It is a folder that contains all of my rips, neatly named and ready for download. There are no color-optimised versions this time however due to the fact that Brink weapons look horrendous with dithering effect - they have a lot of black color and it does not dithers well, so I'll leave that to you (I suggest using Paint.NET)

Barnett Light Rifle
ImageImage

Belgo MP
ImageImageImage

Bulpdaun SMG
ImageImageImage

Bulpdaun SMG UAC edition
ImageImageImage

Caesar Revolver
ImageImageImage

CARB-9 SMG
ImageImageImage

CARB-9 SMG Fallout edition
ImageImageImage

Chinzor MG
ImageImageImage

Drognav Light Rifle
ImageImage

Euston AR
ImageImageImage

EZ-Nade AGL
ImageImage

Galactic SMG
ImageImage

Gerund AR
ImageImageImage

Gotlung Minigun
ImageImage

Hjammerdeim
ImageImageImage

Hockler MP
ImageImageImage

Kalt Pistol
ImageImageImage

Kross SMG
ImageImageImage

Lobster GL
ImageImageImage

Maximus MG
ImageImageImage

Mossington
ImageImageImage

Rhett AR
ImageImageImage

Ritchie Revolver
ImageImageImage

Rockstedy AR
ImageImageImage

Sea Eagle Pistol
ImageImageImage

Tampa SMG
ImageImageImage

Tokmak Pistol
ImageImageImage

F.E.A.R.
By request of Cinda, here is a rip of F.E.A.R., with melee animations, fists and a grenade throw. Some weapons have ammo counters, which I wasn't sure I'll be able to edit-out properly, so I left them as they were. You can find it in the mediafire folder linked at the beginning.

AT14 Pistol
ImageImage

AT14 Pistol Akimbo
ImageImage

ASP Rifle
ImageImage

G2A2 Assault Rifle
ImageImage

MOD3 Rocket Launcher
ImageImage

MP50 Cannon
ImageImage

Penetrator
ImageImage

RPL Smg
ImageImage

Type7
ImageImage

VK12Shotgun
ImageImage

RAGE

Ripped this without upgrades. Maybe upgraded versions will come later, but maybe not.

Settlers Pistol
ImageImageImage
Download - 17Mb
Optimised - 5Mb

Combat Shotgun
ImageImageImage
Download - 34Mb
Optimised - 9Mb

Sawn-off Shotgun
ImageImageImage
Download - 48Mb
Optimised - 11Mb

Settlers Assault Rifle
ImageImageImage
Download - 26Mb
Optimised - 11Mb

Fists of Rage
ImageImageImage
Download - 37Mb
Optimised - 8Mb

Crossbow
ImageImageImage
Download - 79Mb
Optimised - 19Mb

Minigun
ImageImageImage
Download - 132Mb
Optimised - 29Mb

Rifle
Has a Scope sprite.
ImageImageImage
Download - 76Mb
Optimised - 17Mb

Rocket Launcher
Has lots of sprite-cuts, due to similar animations/animation parts, but it still huge. That is due to the fact that ammount of rockets is shown directly in the sprites/animations and i've ripped all of them. Read notes to recreate propperly. Has some animation mistakes made by developers, namely rocket count in the box appears to be less than an actual by 1, and during the reload, rocket magazine replenishes itself a moment before hand leaves the screen. There are some model-seams on one of the rockets during the reloading animation as well. Might fix it later, but for now I provide the rip as-is.
Aiming animation was replaced by its de-aiming animation, due to second being more pleasing to the eye. Has a scope sprite inside, use additive rendering patch to make it the same way as it is in-game, and it might need re-working to look propperly in 240p.
ImageImageImage
Download - 196Mb
Optimised - 45Mb

Serious Sam: Before First Encounter
Rocket Launcher
Download - 6Mb
Optimised - 2Mb

Lazergun
This one was ripped at 60 fps. look for the note.txt to see how to animate it propperly.
Download - 16Mb
Optimised - 4Mb

Unreal Gold
This is actually my second Unreal rip, since I've made a stuped mistake and ripped Unreal under a newer opengl lib that had everything antialiased. I can upload that one too if anybody wants.

Note that most sprites besides Dispersion pistol will require some gamma correction to look authentic, 1.35 should be enough. This was due to ripping conditions, and I've decided to provide sprites unchanged as not to reduce any quality by my tinkering. Shots provided are already gammacorrected.

Dispersion Pistol
Has all the transformation animations. Due to a lot of animations - large filesize.
Download - 56Mb
Optimised - 17Mb

Automag
Note that altfire loop is different from first shot
Download - 12Mb
Optimised - 4Mb

Stinger
Download - 771Kb
Optimised - 306Kb

ASMD
Download - 3Mb
Optimised - 934Kb

Eightball
I dunno why this legendary rocketlauncher is called like that. Can somebody enlighten me?
Download - 5Mb
Optimised - 2Mb

Flak Cannon
Download - 6Mb
Optimised - 2Mb

RazorJack
Entire spinning blade animation ripped. Could be heavily optimised with patches.
Download - 16Mb
Optimised - 5Mb

GES BioRifle
Can be greately optimised with some patch magic. The pipe in pumping animations is animated separately from the chamber and has roughly 23 frames.
Download - 17Mb
Optimised - 5Mb

Rifle
Download - 1Mb
Optimised - 467Kb

Minigun
Download - 16Mb
Optimised - 4Mb

eDuke HRP
There are some frames I skipped, due to them being exactly same as previous ones. Didn't Resize the screenshots, because what would be the point of that?

Ripper
Comes with muzzle flashes, sample of the flash in-game and instructions.
Spoiler: Sample Gif (Actual in-game footage)
Download - 2Mb
Optimised - 566Kb

RPG
Comes with muzzle-flash and sample.
Download - 3Mb
Optimised - 1Mb

Pipe Bomb
Comes with Bomb projectile (1-sided for now, may update with rotations later)
ImageImageImage
Download - 3Mb
Optimised - 1Mb

Freezethrower
Note that the Freezethrower's fire state should be "shaken" with a Decorate to replicate its effect.
Spoiler: Sample Gif (sort-of in-game footage)
Download - 2Mb
Optimised - 655Kb
Projectile - 489Kb

Devastator
Turned out a bit "jumpy", but thats how it is in-game.
Spoiler: Sample Gif
Download - 5Mb
Optimised - 1Mb

Medal of Honor: Airborne.

Mauser C96
Redid it completely, now with more frames and no skips.

ImageImageImage
Download - 26.6Mb
Optimised - 6.9Mb

MP40
Firing both aimed and not, recovery from continuous fire both aimed and not, aiming down sights, reloading.
Most frames redone from scratch, all frames and no skips this time.
ImageImageImage
Download - 22Mb
Optimised - 6Mb

Both previous guns were reDECORATEed by TheRailgunner as weapon replacement and sprites color-optimised by me (all dynamic sprites are 256bit-dethered). TheRailgunner also added muzzleflashes, sound and pickups for theese two, so credits to him:
Download - This one is also different from the one he sent me, since I added updated Mauser sprites there.

Colt 1911
Did it quick. All frames preserved, so the size of unoptimised is large.

Download - 23Mb
Optimised - 6Mb

Winchester M12 (Trenchgun)
The reloading shell loop may look wacky in sprites, but it actually looks worse in game on slow-motion. In the actual animation it looks alright.
Notes on how to loop its reloading inside. Due to a lot of animation the size is 49 MB regular and 12 MB optimised (includes all idles too this time).
ImageImageImage
Download - 49Mb
Optimised - 12Mb

M1 Garand
A Garand M1 was famous for not being able to reload mid-magazine. Notes on how to animate it included.

ImageImageImage
Download - 34Mb
Optimised - 9Mb

Karabiner 98 Kurz
Bolt-action rifle. Due to the lot of lengthy bolt animations this one is large.
ImageImageImage
Download - 69Mb
Optimised - 17Mb

Thompson
Did it in a hurry, so there may be some artifacts. Please pm me if you notice them.
ImageImageImage
Download - 44Mb
Optimised - 11Mb

M1918 Browning Automatic Rifle
Gave me a headache with a pixelhunting.
ImageImageImage
Download - 27.3Mb
Optimised - 7.8Mb

Sturmgewehr 44

ImageImageImage
Download - 23.8Mb
Optimised - 6.3Mb

Panzershreck
Due to the space this thing ocupies on screen, compression is not very good. Therefore: 55Mb regular version and 22Mb optimised.
ImageImageImage
Download - 55Mb
Optimised - 22Mb

M24 Stielhandgrenate
Priming and throwing animations, no projectile though.
ImageImage
Download - 7Mb
Optimised - 2Mb

Mark II fragmentation grenade
ImageImage
Download - 7 Mb
Optimised - 2Mb

Bioshock Infinite

Peppermill Chaingun
Was playing BI recently, and found this gun way too awesome not to rip. Doing so was major pain in the ass though, from finding propper conditions in game to making it loop properly, since game shaking effect when Booker cranks its handle make it shake the screen unevenly with each rotation cycle. Also the hatch on the right side hangs and shakes freely, making it even harder to loop. I found a good enough loop eventually, but the hatch on the left would still be a little jumpy at the end of a loop, though it would be less visible in 4:3 aspect ratio. Also no reload animation due to ripping conditions =\. May add the reloading and even maybe a better rip when I get Clash in the Clouds DLC.

Anyway, it turned out good enough :D
Spoiler: GIF animation halfsize
Download

Painkiller: Battle out of Hell
Boltgun/Heater
Did a lot of pixelhunting with this one :?
Two firing modes and a stake projectile. Could not take a good shot at Heater projectile though :(. It starts glowing bright red immideately after launch, so i guess it can be replaced with a red sparky ball or something.
Sounds included.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Download - 11Mb
Optimised - 4Mb - Idle/sounds not included, only sprites that were optimised here.

Shadow Warrior 2013
ZillaCorp Quad Shtogun (I'm gonna call it that)
Toke me QUITE a while to do, an awful lot of pixelhunting, editing and cleaning, and here it is: The Baddest Shotgun Ever!
4 fire animations, 3 aiming animations, 4 fire ADS animations, 4 reloading animations, Altfire and altfire ADS, 647 frames total. Size is HUGE.
Click to view animation (actual sprites are transparent, my gifmaking tool messed up the gif)
Download - 186Mb
Optimised - 56Mb

Revolver
Comes with altfire.
ImageImageImageImage
Download - 22Mb
Optimised - 7Mb

Uzi
Has double mode, but I've decidd not to rip double mode aiming, because of the looping difficulties. Figuring out how to loop this one propperlly was pain in the rear already. Editing these sprites was REAL pain, and there may be still some artifacts left, so watch out and warn me if you find some.
ImageImageImage
Download - 59Mb
Optimised - 18Mb

Flamethrower
Looping it was a royal pain, took me two days and I still haven't found a perfect loop thanks to Wang's hands waviness. This is my best attempt, still jumps a tiny bit at the looping end. Ripping it was also a lot of work, and I had to manually edit almost every frame.
ImageImage
Download - 91Mb
Optimised - 26Mb

TUTORIAL
Under spoiler.
Spoiler:

Request
I want to rip a Chainsaw from Fallout NV, but its texture is ugly. Can somebody make a higher res one, like 4096p? Thread
Last edited by Sinael on Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:08 am, edited 37 times in total.
TheRailgunner

Re: [Resource]HD Modern Game rips Compilation and Rip Tutori

Post by TheRailgunner »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/apmx7mi9tx2k2 ... eapons.pk3

I added your M1911 animations and gave it a space in DECORATE.txt - its .45 caliber bullets do far more damage than the Mauser and MP-40's 9x19mm rounds do, but each clip only holds 7 rounds. It will share ammo with the Thompson SMG (which will be switched with the MG42 as a slot 4 weapon).

I wouldn't mind an optimized M1911 sprite set, but at the moment I don't think it's a pressing matter.

I like your tutorial, kind of makes me want to crack open some of the games you listed and try my hand at ripping some badass swords, staves, bows, and guns. I hope the Trench Gun doesn't give you too much of a hard time. When you get around to it, what kind of magazine will your Thompson sprites use? The 30-round box falls in line with the idea of .45 ammo being less plentiful...but the 50-round drum lends it part of the signature "Tommy gun" look.

Maybe someone will rip WWII soldier enemies at some point...
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

I would recommend Blaze Media Pro as well. It can save individual frames in PNG/BMP or just tell it to save the whole AVI to frames. It saves TONS of work indeed.
Sinael

Post by Sinael »

Added optimised sprites for Colt 1911, made Trenchgun and changed layout.

TheRailgunner
It would be 50 round drum, canonic Thompson look as seen in most movies.
BTW what gun are you planning to use on a 7-th slot? IMO should be a sniper rifle - like Springfield.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Sinael wrote:Added optimised sprites for Colt 1911, made Trenchgun and changed layout.

TheRailgunner
It would be 50 round drum, canonic Thompson look as seen in most movies.
BTW what gun are you planning to use on a 7-th slot? IMO should be a sniper rifle - like Springfield.
The M1 Garand and the Kar 98.

I updated the link with the optimized M1911 sprites, gonna add the long-awaited Trench Gun now.
Sinael

Post by Sinael »

Added M1 Garand.
Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Marrub »

Oooohh, very pretty rips.
Spoiler:
Sinael

Post by Sinael »

Marrub
Spoiler:
Anyway, I also found a strange thing - even with right Scale factor, GZDoom still renders the gun to be 1-2 pixels wider and 2-3 pixels taller than it should be, even without texture filtering, introducing minor artifacts, while in zDoom it looks propperly.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Sinael wrote:Added M1 Garand.
...damn, and I JUST finished adding the Trench Gun (uses sounds from WildWeasel's Accessories to Murder for now, since they're for, oddly, the exact same weapon). Two of the Trench Gun's frames (aimed firing frame 14 and hip firing frame 4) had artifacts in the top-right corner, but they were easily removed.

That just leaves the Kar 98, MG 42, Panzerschreck, Thompson SMG, and the M18 Recoilless Rifle. This is coming together more quickly than I thought.

EDIT: This may seem kind of sudden, but I was considering throwing the Mark II frag grenade and M24 Stielhandgrenate in as slot 1 weapons, with random amounts of grenades replacing chainsaws and berserk boxes. I also think the BAR may be a good supplement to the MG42, though I can't find a good counterpart to the Trench Gun to balance out the weapon choices.
Sinael

Post by Sinael »

Ooops. My bad. I was too hasty. Fixed those sprites and updated downloads.

Since I already had M24 in the works, there you go. There is no projectile, since I have no decent model viewer for UE3 (besides I heard that half of MoHA resources are encrypted anyway), but you can try and check other games like Return to Castle Wolfenstein for the model. May rip Mark II as well later. Thompson and Panzershreck will come as soon as I will have mood. Considering Kar98 - check your PMs, I told you about it.

I do not have Recoilles Rifle in my loadout, and MG 42 is mounted, so its lightning conditions would never be as good as needed and its rip will be too long and tedious for me to do.

And I already want to switch to other games - I have big plans for Shadow Warrior 2013 ZillaCorps Quad shotgun - it is one of the most badass guns I've ever seen. The main problem is ripping conditions and the fact that it shows remaining ammo visually, which will make all animations to be ripped 3 times to make a complete rip. Estimated size of unoptimised rip is about 100-130 MB, and it will take me several days to do, but god damn that thing is good. To give you general idea - here is a crappy vid (switch to 720p)
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

If you need a good quality MG42 to rip, there'z one in the Battlefield 1942 series.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Sinael wrote:And I already want to switch to other games - I have big plans for Shadow Warrior 2013 ZillaCorps Quad shotgun - it is one of the most badass guns I've ever seen. The main problem is ripping conditions and the fact that it shows remaining ammo visually, which will make all animations to be ripped 3 times to make a complete rip. Estimated size of unoptimised rip is about 100-130 MB, and it will take me several days to do, but god damn that thing is good. To give you general idea - here is a crappy vid (switch to 720p)
YOU WILL FINISH RIPPING AIRBORNE AND YOU WILL LIKE IT!

...ooooooh, quad shotgun! I'm not going to lie, ripping that weapon would be/will be a gigantic pain in the ass. Still, the DECORATE for the alternate animations shouldn't be too much work, just a few extra inventory items and A_JumpIfInventory frames. Don't kill yourself over the Kar98, if you can help it. And apparently the man-portable MG42 in Airborne isn't usable by the player...figures. All that means is that the Sturmgewehr 44 replaces the MG42 (which is more balanced as a Plasma Rifle replacement anyway, the MG42's 1200 RPM notwithstanding) and the BAR acts as the Allied counterpart to it.

The Trench Gun will always replace shotgun spawns, but, if dropped, will either spawn 1-4 shotgun shells or a fully-loaded Trench Gun (all weapons drop with full ammo, or at least are supposed to). The same mechanism will be similarly used for the other weapons (killing a Heavy Weapon Dude will yield a .45 drum, a 9mm box), a Thompson SMG, or an MP-40, for example).

EDIT: The Trench Gun's ADS animation has been improved, and ADS mode makes your TG shots somewhat more accurate (even though this doesn't remotely make sense, it isn't gamebreaking). In addition, MP-40 weapon spawns behave the same way TG spawns do (fully-loaded gun if spawned, ammo or said gun if dropped). I may have the pistols do slightly more damage than their automatic counterparts to encourage heavier use of the pistols (efficiency vs. raw firepower).
Sinael

Post by Sinael »

Well, since I have a day off and nothing to do while our bronies translate new MLP episodes, here you go:
Thompson added. Maybe will add Panzershreck later today.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Sinael wrote:Well, since I have a day off and nothing to do while our bronies translate new MLP episodes, here you go:
Thompson added. Maybe will add Panzershreck later today.
AW YISS. MOTHAFUCKIN' THOMPSON SUBMACHINE GUN.

I'll be back with an M1 and a Tommy in just a bit.

EDIT: Back. And with an M1 and a Tommy gun, too. Slot 4 weapons now do 1-3 less damage per bullet than slot 2 weapons do, as the Thompson was (and probably still IS) OP as fuck. There are new ammo limits - 140/210 for .45 AUTO (M1911, Thompson), 200/300 for 9mm (C96, MP-40), and 20/30 for .30-06 clips (M1 Garand).
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

the tommy gun isnt as smooth as the rest of the sprites, as it has a thin white layer around the gun

Return to “Resources”