[Resource]HD Modern Game rips Compilation and Rip Tutorial

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Boreas249

Re: [Resource]HD Modern Game rips Compilation and Rip Tutori

Post by Boreas249 »

Ergh, curse them, not allowing a console in Black Ops 2... thanks anyway!
It would indeed be cool to have rips from Black Ops 1 though, much appreciated either way.
Onar4241

Post by Onar4241 »

Hey man, those are some really cool rips. Would you mind if I use them?
Sinael

Post by Sinael »

Onar4241
Sinael wrote:You can do anything you want to this sprites, as long as you give credit to the game they were ripped from, and me for wasting my time ripping it.
That is the reason I ripped them and put them in the resources forum. Just don't forget to mention where you got them. Some advice on resizing (thanks to Bloax) :
Use Imagemagick tool, running it from a command line, with this comand:
for %f in (<input folder path>\*.png) do "<Imagemagick folder path>\convert.exe" %f -filter lanczossharp -resize <horizontal size>x<vertical size>% -mattecolor #000000 -channel alpha -threshold 70% <output folder path>\%~nf.png
This will resize the sprites with some antialiasing and filtering on the inner part of the sprite, while keeping outer area crisp without the usage of translucent pixels there. Afterwards you can reduce ammount of colors with IrfanView - a freeware image viewer, that I find to provide the best results (check high quality setting in color reducement options).

Also from one of the last posts here: http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread. ... id=1298580 , you can get the idea on how to trim the sprites and automatically generate the needed TEXTURES alignment definitions for them.
Onar4241

Post by Onar4241 »

Hey dude, in case you don't know you can losslessly compress all your .PNGs with PNGGauntlet. Check it out! EXCELLENT results!
Sinael

Post by Sinael »

Onar4241
Vs the method I use, this utility gives only 94-97% compression, and it's all not going to matter when ZDoom uncompresses it into memory. Also it takes anywhere from 15 to 60 seconds to optimise a single frame. Not going to recompress and reupload thousands of frames for that little effect.

Thanks for the tip though.
Blox

Post by Blox »

Sinael

Post by Sinael »

Still not going to recompress/reupload all that. Maybe somewhen in the future. Way far in the future, when I'll have ultrafast internets.
Sinael

Post by Sinael »

Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Um Sinael....BioShock 2 or BioShock Infinite features the arm drill as a weapon? If so, can you rip it? This old turkey here won't run them :S
Sinael

Post by Sinael »

Bioshock 2 has a weird antialiasing feature, that when forcibly switched off produces fullscreen pixel artifacts. It makes any rip I try to do from it very ugly. I have a few games on my list that I'm going to rip, after that - I'll see what I can do about that..

The list is:
Hard Reset (the bullet weapon with all the transformations)
The Precursors (have some nice biological weapons)
Painkiller Battle out of Hell and Painkiller Overdose
TimeSplitters 3 (from Gamecube via emulation)
Turok 2008
Fallout: New Vegas (Chainsaw and few other things from various mods)
Duke Nukem Forever (maybe)
Quake 4 (maybe)
Darkest of Days (maybe)
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

I'd be more than grateful for an AVI footage featuring the arm drill. One of the screen recorders (Fraps, Growler Gun Cam, Bandicam) should be able to record from it flawlessly.
YukiHerz
Global Moderator
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YukiHerz »

If you're able to emulate a ps2 game, i would recommend checkin out "Black", it has the best modeled weapons i've ever seen, and "Darkwatch", because they could fit in blood.

Of course, it's your decision to do them or not.
Onar4241

Post by Onar4241 »

Sinael wrote:Onar4241
Vs the method I use, this utility gives only 94-97% compression
Which method? :D Anyway it gives some very good results with every uncompressed image for me.
and it's all not going to matter when ZDoom uncompresses it into memory.
I didn't knew that, thanks!
Also it takes anywhere from 15 to 60 seconds to optimise a single frame. Not going to recompress and reupload thousands of frames for that little effect.
Well, I dunno about you, but I have a very fast processor and lots of RAM here so it compresses every image for about 12 seconds. Anyway, if you don't want to include the "fixes", OK then, just a small tip! :)
Onar4241

Post by Onar4241 »

Sinael wrote:Bioshock 2 has a weird antialiasing feature, that when forcibly switched off produces fullscreen pixel artifacts. It makes any rip I try to do from it very ugly. I have a few games on my list that I'm going to rip, after that - I'll see what I can do about that..

The list is:
Quake 4 (maybe)
That's already out: http://www.moddb.com/games/doom/addons/ ... s-volume-3
Sinael

Post by Sinael »

Onar4241
Those are not widescreen friendly - they are cut off on the right side. Also they are 480p and not 720p. And the effects suck (I have an idea how to improve on that)

Return to “Resources”