[Resource]HD Modern Game rips Compilation and Rip Tutorial

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Sinael

Re: [Resource]HD Modern Game rips Compilation and Rip Tutori

Post by Sinael »

twinkieman93
Sadly, I do not know what could be wrong with your game. Some logs/error messages would help though.

Updated the topic with Ripper, Pipe Bomb, RPG, Freezethrower and Devastator from eDuke32 HRP.
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

Here, have the entire crash report. Recreated it with the M1. It happens more often with that than with the Thompson. An additional detail I noticed is that it crashes just before the reload animation completes. Maybe it happens with the autoreload on all the weapons? I'm not sure.
Attachments
CrashReport.zip
This is the crash report in question, caused by the reload of the M1 Garand.
(6.81 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
Sinael

Post by Sinael »

Strange. The logs do not contain any records of the error that led to a crash. I've looked through the DECORATE code for the M1 and could not find anything that could crash either.
zrrion the insect

Post by zrrion the insect »

This thread is wonderful. +1 internets to you sir. I'll have to give these a more thorough look later, but I think I see some things that would look extreemly smexy with some editing. This has me very excited.
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

twinkieman93 wrote:So, I've been playing that Medal of Honor weapons mod Minigunner put out, but I'm experiencing crashes when I reload certain weapons. I've had it happen while reloading the Thompson and the Garand so far, dunno if any other weapons would cause it. For reference, I was using the latest devbuild of ZDoom, which at the moment is 2.8pre-274.
i was also experiencing crashes when I reload certain weapons
Sinael

Post by Sinael »

Try to use GZDoom and see what happens. If the problem persist then I don't know what to do - I've been unable to replicate the crash on both ov machines available to me at the time. If crashes cease in gzdoom then it may have to do something with different sprites having different color palette or color ammount. Reload sprites are 8bit dithered and Idle sprites are 32bit. Fast switch between two types may cause zdoom to crash, (im not sure about that however, but i cant see any other possible reason) if so, conversion of idle sprites to 8bit may help (use PAINT.net for best conversion quality)
Sinael

Post by Sinael »

Full rip of Unreal (Gold version).
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

armymen12002003 wrote:
twinkieman93 wrote:So, I've been playing that Medal of Honor weapons mod Minigunner put out, but I'm experiencing crashes when I reload certain weapons. I've had it happen while reloading the Thompson and the Garand so far, dunno if any other weapons would cause it. For reference, I was using the latest devbuild of ZDoom, which at the moment is 2.8pre-274.
i was also experiencing crashes when I reload certain weapons
I tested it in the most recent dev build of GZDoom, finding no errors or crashes. I've come to the conclusion that this mod is not ZDoom compatible at the moment. I'll have to see what parameters in these weapons' reload states break ZD (though I may have difficulty getting ZDoom to run - I only use GZDoom because it works without fail, whereas my previous attempts to use ZD usually ended in endless crashing).

Oh, and it's Railgunner. Minigunner is another ZDoom resource contributor (unless MG put out a MoHA mod too...).
Sinael wrote:Full rip of Unreal (Gold version).
I have come to the conclusion that you are some sort of modelripping machine, sent back in time to grace the ZDoom community with high-quality graphical resources.
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

Sinael wrote:Full rip of Unreal (Gold version).
Tell Term about it, he will be pleased. :D
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

Sinael: I dunno why this legendary rocketlauncher is called like that. Can somebody enlighten me?
According to the Unreal Wiki, it's named after the black 8-ball in pool and fires Eightball rockets, hence the name. What's strange is that it only has six barrels like a minigun in lieu of eight, which would probably make it a 6-ball, but it's not as common as 8-ball in terms of pool. :geek:
Sinael

Post by Sinael »

TheRailgunner wrote:some sort of modelripping machine
Actually ripping stuff is easy, albeit tedious. Had this idea about 2 years ago while serving my mandatory year in the military (all young men have to in my country) and was surprised at how little good rips there were. I was hoping that my example of how easy it is and my tutorial will encourage people to make rips of their own and fill Resource forums with rips from all sorts of games , alas it would seem that my hopes were in vain.
twinkieman93 wrote: Tell Term about it, he will be pleased. :D
In fact, he made me do this. Expect Prisoner 849 (Gina) in Samsara somewhen in the future.

MJ79
I know about 8-ball in pool, but this weapon has no relation to it whatsoever. In the game it is referred to as "a Torch of 6 Flames" by Nali, which is way more fitting name.

Also expect some Brink rips in the future.
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

If you look at the Eightball while it's loading rockets, a little arm slots the rockets into the weapon through a small hole in the breech end one at a time without fail. The eightball name may derive from the fact that it's a smooth and accurate motion done at a measured pace to get that rocket into the hole, much like when you line up the perfect shot to get the eightball into the corner pocket. And much like both of these things, once you've done that, you win. Although the eightball rocket launcher makes its own victory fireworks, hehehe.
Bitterman

Post by Bitterman »

Sinael wrote: Also expect some Brink rips in the future.
Huh, I was thinking about that earlier...
Sinael

Post by Sinael »

Bitterman wrote: Huh, I was thinking about that earlier...
If you mean you thought about ripping it yourself, I can send raw materials to you sou you could have easier time and ease me off of a bit of work (I still have an awful lots of rips to do).
Sinael

Post by Sinael »

Update bump is a best bump. Added a Revolver, Uzi's and Flamethrower from Shadow Warrior 2013.

Return to “Resources”