Samsara's Custom Resources (IMAGE HEAVY)

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
TerminusEst13

Samsara's Custom Resources (IMAGE HEAVY)

Post by TerminusEst13 »

One of the cool things about Samsara is just how much help I've gotten on it, how many people have been willing to lend sprites, sound effects, code, and etc in order to make it better. You guys are awesome.
So, here's some of the graphical stuff I've done for Samsara. Since you guys have been so generous in lending me stuff, please feel free to nick whatever you want for whatever purpose you want.
This is not all of it! I still have plenty of folders to go through!

=============================================================================================
HUD SHIT:
=============================================================================================
First up is mugshots:
This is a stupidly low-effort mug. Take the hood from Heretic.wad, make faces. Nothing special at all.

Still low-effort, but at least it required making an actually original face. Unfortunately, the eyes for the Doomsphere shot are completely overdone.

Here, I was starting to get the hang of how to make HUD faces. I'm actually pretty proud of how this turned out.

I probably should've colored the eyes behind the visor rather than the whole visor. Oh well.

Now with a whole host of faces that will probably only be used in Samsara!

Next up, HUD bars.
Each bar was given widescreen support by BlackFish, because he's an pretty cool guy.

CHEX WARRIOR:
Redone LAZ blast so that it actually looks like a blast and not resting on the ground.

Super Large Zorcher. Design and shading tips by Charles Jacobi.

Chex Warrior lying face-down, made so people can't hide behind his giant sprites.

B.J. BLAZKOWICZ:
Spear of Destiny and Spear of Longinus.

Delicious chicken.

DUKE NUKEM:
Widescreen knux.

Widescreen pisser.

Widescreen explosive shitgun 64.

SECURITY OFFICER:
Talon Ceramic Combat Blade, from the Marathon pre-alpha.

MISC:
Cyberdemon Rocket Launcher sprite. It looks absolutely horrible.

Korax's arms. They look absolutely horrible.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Samsara's Custom Resources (IMAGE HEAVY)

Post by Captain J »

i just ride your tumblr link and holy moly, these things tottaly awesoke and amazing!

but too bad few things are outta the samsara and naraka, first off: the Parias' face after picked up a quad damage and his dead face. i think his eye-shines are need to be more realistic just like a what quake ranger did. and talking about dead face, needs more bloodstains.

and now for naraka; yes, cyberdemon's rocket launcher does pretty horrible. just same as palettes from nitemare 3d(fortunatly, no offence.). maybe some peoples from reqeust resource thread would be help for make it decent. or, you can fix that with duke nukem's devastator weapon. i think that's pretty same as cybie's rocket launcher if that's bulky.

and korax's hands, i think those hands needs to be large, long and skeletal. also did i mentioned about blood's skeletal hands from spriters-resources.com? that should be helpful.

anyway that's all i can nitpick those.
CPLJigsore

Post by CPLJigsore »

Where did you find the Marathon pre-alpha? Can you link me to that?
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

CPLJigsore wrote:Where did you find the Marathon pre-alpha? Can you link me to that?
Grab the Marathon Trilogy CD from somewhere else, throw it into your friendly neighbourhood SheepShaver emulator, and look for a folder called "old marathons" (Depending on the version you grabbed, it might be a hidden folder in a directory called "Holiday Marathon Music" or something).

Return to “Resources”