[Music] ViscraMIDIs

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Viscra Maelstrom

[Music] ViscraMIDIs

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

here's a bunch of MIDIs i made. use them in Doom or whatever, as long as you give credit. some of the songs are good, some of them are bad, some of them are really fucking old and some of them i made rather recently. doesn't have all my Doom stuff yet since a few tracks are in WIP projects, but i'll move them there once they're finished.
Last edited by Viscra Maelstrom on Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:23 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Reactor

Re: [Music] Viscramidis

Post by Reactor »

Sounds very nice indeed :) Good work!

Hm. I wonder if you could compose MIDI from after listening a sample MP3. If yes, I "mite" have a little work for ya.
Viscra Maelstrom

oh? what kind of work? i'm not very busy at all right now, but i'm unsure whether or not my work is good enough to be requested by others yet.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

It's unimaginibly easy. A 12-seconds lenght (approx.) MP3 soundtrack needs to be recomposed as MIDI, which I could work with. When my machine became...well...out of gear, I had to use the laptop for composing. Needless to say, its integrated sound card is worse for music composing than wow.wad and Soul Gamarra's episodes alltogether, so the result became really messy. This is why it is so important. It contains about 3-4 instruments (with drumz), and since you've proven y'self as a talented MIDI artist, I'm asking you :)
Viscra Maelstrom

a 12 second thing? i might be able to do that, depending on what it's supposed to be.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

As I told you, it's very easy. Here is the song:

http://www72.zippyshare.com/v/24537411/file.html

I named the song "Thru da Wormholez" originally, the entire track is approx. 3 minutes long, and is set to loop. It will be used on secret levels, when the protagonist is travelling through an inter-dimensional transmitter wormhole, there are medipacks, ammo and gunz levitating in the "air", and a skillful player can grab lots of useful stuff before he arrives to his destination and the level ends. There'll be also a static wormhole level, where small floating islands will be, and underneath lies oblivion. Sorta like the Xen areas in Half-life. Unfortunately, as I said, I had to use the laptop for recording, and as you could hear, the result became a little...um...messy. It's a miracle that the song itself is still enjoyable. So anywayz, when I composed, I used 4 instruments alltogether:

- Choir Aaaahs
- Slap Bass 1 (the deep,repeating tone)
- Sawtooth
- Drums (set to "Drawbar organ")

I certainly hope this little piece of music will not cause any major headache to you, and it'd help me BIG time. With your MIDI file, I can recompose the whole song, this time, without being distorted.
Viscra Maelstrom

okay, i whipped this up in about 15 minutes: https://www.dropbox.com/s/keysq6a73hy04 ... mholez.mid
any use for you?
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Excellent work! Just what I was looking for! You surely did a great job! I'll take it from here, thank you ver' much :) :) :)

In return, I'd glad to make an offer: I have lots of non-MIDI songs composed, which you might find useful. In case you suffer from an artists' mental block, I could gladly send some over for ya to help you with music composing :)
Viscra Maelstrom

that could help... are they just streamed files, or do they come with sets of instruments?
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

So-so. Some of them are in MOD/XM format, although the great majority is in MP3. They turned out to be perfect quality, so I no longer needed the MIDIs. If you can still find'em useful, I'll be happy to send them over.
Viscra Maelstrom

i guess it couldn't hurt to see them!
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

As you wish, Princess :) Here are some of my works - these are SAMPLES, not completed soundtracks, so please feel free to create your own editions out of them.
Just please share them with me, after your MIDIs, I'd love to hear what did you come up with :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/123 ... 2Songs.zip
Viscra Maelstrom

seeing as i've kind of stopped making MIDIs now, i've decided to update the broken link with a working one. it has quite a bit of new stuff in it and most songs should be usable for Doom mods. go nuts with them, just be sure to give the readme a go, it's not too long.
Reactor

Re: [Music] ViscraMIDIs

Post by Reactor »

Sorry for the bumping, but I'm still extremely interested in your products. I was wondering if I can entrust you with more tasks regarding MIDIs? Nothing would please me more, your interpretation of the track "Thru da wormholez" was truly enthralling :)
Viscra Maelstrom

Re: [Music] ViscraMIDIs

well damn, that was almost two years ago since i last updated this thread. maybe i oughta update the OP or something in case anyone cares about it...
what is it you want this time? i should be able to do anything as long as it's not too overtly complex.

Return to “Resources”