OSJC's Resources (mostly map decorations!)

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!

Re: trees! grass! bushes! etc... (map decorations!)

Postby CeeJay » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:31 pm

You ain't the only one, bud. Got a few outside my house that are getting just a bit too tall.
CeeJay

scraping the barrels, literally...

Postby osjclatchford » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:59 am

dasbarelz.png

some more work on the black barrels (intended as an alternative skin to the classic barrels (included)
wud_barrlz.png

and some wooden ones , based on heretic and hexen barrels respectably...
And a doom64 resize

*edit*
also made these:
BAR8A0.png

inspired by the bins and barrels in duke3d, the first frame is intended to show a barrel being hit by melee, denting in a bit. this would essentially be a melee only pain state.
The second is to show a barrel in a state of damage, much how the barrels behave in duke3d (like those grey ones in the toxic dump only these explode, not collapse...)
essentially if your barrel has half its health or less, it would show the dinked/bashed skin... a good indicator that you've actually hit it and also to show you it wont require much more to set it off...

however, should you want to show your barrel breaking rather than exploding this:
would be ideal. (with some appropriate metal debris) this is inspired by the aforementioned duke3d barrels and also features the 'blob' of jollop within sliding away! this is taken from the duke nukem 2 sidescroller barrels...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
osjclatchford

Postby osjclatchford » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:31 am

cans_side.png

empty barrels on laying down...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
osjclatchford

Postby Doomkid » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:43 am

So glad you're making more of these, they're great!
Doomkid
drinks milk right from the carton, keeps library books till they're way overdue

Postby Dr_Cosmobyte » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:46 pm

Hey dude, i kinda forgot about this thing, but now it's finally done, hope you like it:

;)
Dr_Cosmobyte
Also known as: GAA1992

lamps

Postby osjclatchford » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:34 am

thats great!

been playing about with the column and tech lamps:
lampage.png

some off and broken frames...
osjclatchford

victims... aren't we all?

Postby osjclatchford » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:37 am

crazed_civillian_2_a.png

redone the civilian/innocent to have alternate frames and new deaths:
the new frames use the dnf2013 civilian sprites as a base, that are in turn based on blood's "innocents".
yeah, there's a few differences between the two, shoes and clothes not ragged on the new ones on the right but they're not intended for both sets of sprites to be used by the same monster. rather they are two separate monsters. variants if you will. different stages in the state of the survivors, crazed nutters, running about. then more disheveled ones shambling and tripping to their knees and eventually zombification... thats where my "possessed" sprites take over, but that's a different story...
https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15080&hilit=Possessed&start=34350#p1140088
;)
osjclatchford

Previous

Return to Resources