Ventris' Subtle Multi-purpose Doomgal sprites (In Progress)

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Captain Ventris

Re: Ventris' Subtle Multi-purpose Doomgal sprites (In Progre

Post by Captain Ventris »

Yes, there are more to female proportions than being skinnier. Unless she's in a unisex set of armor with rigid plates, in which case nope.

Put on helmet, acquire gender anonymity. I know you guys desperately want me to sprite boobs, but the whole point is that it's a more realistic interpretation of a female Doom Marine, i.e., just looks like a skinnier Doomguy, because as far as exposed anatomy goes, it is. It could be a skinny guy just as well, sure. First person to suggest having a ponytail out the back of the helmet should punch themselves really, really hard.

Anyway, you don't sustain C cups when you're running miles everyday and doing combat exercises. Sorry to burst your bubble.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

A better post would have been... How many are male and how many are female?

Gez

Post by Gez »

You can tell from the hands and wrists, actually. Not that it would be a factor at the detail resolution of Doom sprites.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Gez wrote:You can tell from the hands and wrists, actually. Not that it would be a factor at the detail resolution of Doom sprites.
That's actually why I left the hands/wrists visible. It's very obvious with the soldier nearest the camera but less so with some of the others.
Captain Ventris

The hands are actually smaller on my sprites, but that's obviously a 2-3 pixel difference. :P
Dortold

Post by Dortold »

The feminist in me approves this thread. :thumbsup:
Captain Ventris

Added the 3 and 7 frames to the OP. Probably the wonkiest I've done, since there was so much unidentifiable splotches of color.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Captain Ventris wrote:I know you guys desperately want me to sprite boobs [...] Sorry to burst your bubble.
Yeah, mate, I'm really eager for pixelated boobs. Lil' Term needs his Impse with less man and more tits.
Gez wrote:You can tell from the hands and wrists, actually. Not that it would be a factor at the detail resolution of Doom sprites.
I'd say the exact opposite. At that resolution of sprites, which are often blown up to a large size in-game, every pixel does matter. The pixels are right in your face, not just in a .png file in a set of sprites.
And therein comes the problem of justifying things with "unisex armor". Sure, the armor is unisex; that doesn't mean she instantly gains man proportions, and it especially doesn't mean the armor does change everywhere except the chest. The point of being unisex is that it's bulky and protective. The body should be the one slimmed down, not the armor itself. A little bit of extra shading does wonders for this, among plenty of other things I can't remotely remember.

Virtue

Post by Virtue »

your X3X7 frames really need definition, Even with armour (and its just basic armour, not the heavy bulletproof stuff our troops wear) there will still be SOME pronounced definition in her breastline, I mean if were trying to be realistic, surely flattening her down into armour designed for men will be uncomfortable? I guess she could be "taped down" but unless shes totally flat chested there should be at least a few pixels more definition.
Minigunner

Post by Minigunner »

Well, it does look like there is breast room, so it doesn't matter.
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

Well, if it was truly unisex, wouldn't it have straps and stuff so you can adjust it to fit the wearer for maximum protection regardless of gender? Helmet are worn with some space between the person's head and the helmet as part of the design, so the helmet takes the hit and doesn't impart the force of the bullet hitting it into the head, but I'm pretty sure body armor needs to be snug and secure to catch bullets properly. I'm not exactly sure what sort of principles are at work when a kevlar vest stops a bullet, but if it wasn't snug against your body, wouldn't the vest let the bullet get farther in before it stops it, resulting in a lot of internal damage? Sort of like if you throw a baseball at a tarp, the baseball stops faster if the tarp is pulled taut.
Virtue

Post by Virtue »

Minigunner wrote:Well, it does look like there is breast room, so it doesn't matter.
loot at the X3X7 frames, no it doesnt.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Plenty of room for some people.

Virtue

Post by Virtue »

Enjay wrote:Plenty of room for some people.

me wrote:but unless shes totally flat chested there should be at least a few pixels more definition.
kb1

Post by kb1 »

Someone needs a steak...

Return to “Resources”