Ventris' Subtle Multi-purpose Doomgal sprites (In Progress)

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!

Re: Ventris' Subtle Multi-purpose Doomgal sprites (In Progre

Postby Captain Ventris » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:22 pm

Check out these sexy curves, guys:

Captain Ventris
Buy my novel, “The Shadow Among The Stars” on Amazon!

Postby Virtue » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:26 pm

Virtue wrote:Even with armour (and its just basic armour, not the heavy bulletproof stuff our troops wear)

Virtue wrote:(and its just basic armour, not the heavy bulletproof stuff our troops wear)

Virtue wrote:not the heavy bulletproof stuff our troops wear
Virtue
We Stand to Fight

Postby Captain Ventris » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:27 pm

So you are suggesting that the Doomguy is not wearing bulletproof armor. What is this 'basic armor' you speak of?
Captain Ventris

Postby Virtue » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:33 pm

Captain Ventris wrote:So you are suggesting that the Doomguy is not wearing bulletproof armor. What is this 'basic armor' you speak of?

Futuristic armour. hes clearly NOT wearing combat armour that todays troops wear, more generic "sci-fi" style armour because, y,know, its set in the future where we have teleport capabilities and energy weapons.

take a look at the titlescreen:

looks nothing like a big heavy kevlar vest does it?
Virtue
We Stand to Fight

Postby Blox » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:38 pm

Code: Select allExpand view
[22:34:18] <Bloax> are you looking virtue
[22:34:19] <Bloax> do you see
[22:34:21] <Bloax> that gap there
[22:34:27] <Bloax> between his shirt and armor
[22:34:29] <Bloax> yeah that gap
[22:34:33] <Bloax> pretty thick

And while it could in theory use a slight shading adjustment to imply something underneath, that's about it.
Not to mention that that is very much a "do i really want to do this" thing. Who cares about armor cleavage.
Blox
I am Laziness Incarnate!

Postby DavidPH » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:42 pm

Virtue wrote:Futuristic armour. hes clearly NOT wearing combat armour that todays troops wear, more generic "sci-fi" style armour because, y,know, its set in the future where we have teleport capabilities and energy weapons.

In the grim darkness of the Doomth millennium, there is no effective armor.

Virtue wrote:looks nothing like a big heavy kevlar vest does it?

Yes. You see those claw marks? Made by demons? From Hell? Not having ruined Doomguy's soft human flesh? Yeah.

Anyway, I see that the opportunity to show that gamers are mature, clear-thinking adults and not horny teenagers is going well. Please continue.
DavidPH
Crazy Compiler Man

Postby GooberMan » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:44 pm

Yeah, I mean, we all know that if chicks dressed up in knights armour back in medieval days they'd be all curvy and-

Wait. Nevermind.
GooberMan
Best taken in small quantities

Postby Zero X. Diamond » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:46 pm

Virtue's ideal Doomgirl sprite.
Zero X. Diamond
Now get your ass out there and save the world!

Postby Virtue » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:50 pm

DavidPH wrote:
Virtue wrote:Futuristic armour. hes clearly NOT wearing combat armour that todays troops wear, more generic "sci-fi" style armour because, y,know, its set in the future where we have teleport capabilities and energy weapons.

In the grim darkness of the Doomth millennium, there is no effective armor.

Virtue wrote:looks nothing like a big heavy kevlar vest does it?

Yes. You see those claw marks? Made by demons? From Hell? Not having ruined Doomguy's soft human flesh? Yeah.

Anyway, I see that the opportunity to show that gamers are mature, clear-thinking adults and not horny teenagers is going well. Please continue.

Id just like to point to my thread where I made a doomgirl with normal doomguy armour..... I had the same idea, not to overlysexualise her. Ironically, I got overwhelming requests for an open chested version lol.

To Ventris, I mearly said the shape needed to be defined, clearly, constructive critism is not his forte. Its difficult to portray "femaleness" in such small sprites without emphasizing certain body parts, at the moment, the sprites frankly just look like a skinny doomguy, Im not saying make her slutty, hell, I posted a fully armoured version in my topic and she doesnt look overly sexualised.
Virtue
We Stand to Fight

Postby Virtue » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:51 pm

Zero X. Diamond wrote:Image
Virtue's ideal Doomgirl sprite.

um, actually: Image
Virtue
We Stand to Fight

Postby Captain Ventris » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:58 pm

You're not being constructive, you're bashing your head against a wall repeatedly because you're too stupid to process images. There is no femininity to be portrayed. No shapes need be defined, because those shapes would not be visible. That's the point. I have answered this in several ways several times, yet you cannot comprehend that perhaps there is no purpose or reason in portraying breasts on the sprites. Your idiocy needs not be further dignified with a response from me. I have answered each of your objections, and you are clearly too moronic to understand those answers.
Captain Ventris

Postby Virtue » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:04 pm

Captain Ventris wrote:You're not being constructive, you're bashing your head against a wall repeatedly because you're too stupid to process images. There is no femininity to be portrayed. No shapes need be defined, because those shapes would not be visible. That's the point. I have answered this in several ways several times, yet you cannot comprehend that perhaps there is no purpose or reason in portraying breasts on the sprites. Your idiocy needs not be further dignified with a response from me. I have answered each of your objections, and you are clearly too moronic to understand those answers.

lol, clearly you're blind, so ill make it clearer for you:

Id just like to point to my thread where I made a doomgirl with normal doomguy armour..... I had the same idea, not to overlysexualise her. Im not saying make her slutty, hell, I posted a fully armoured version in my topic and she doesnt look overly sexualised.
Virtue
We Stand to Fight

Postby Gez » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:23 pm

This topic is going nowhere fast.
Gez

Postby Enjay » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:29 pm

We don't argue much on the ZDoom forums but when we do, it's often about boobies. :?
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby Virtue » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:00 pm

Enjay wrote:We don't argue much on the ZDoom forums but when we do, it's often about boobies. :?

indeed.

Oh well, I'm just gonna sit back and see how this one plays out and which Doomgirl the community prefers.
Virtue
We Stand to Fight

PreviousNext

Return to Resources