MAPINFO/DEHACKED for some Doom WADs [v1.32]

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
EffinghamHuffnagel

Re: Version 1.2 released

Post by EffinghamHuffnagel »

NightFright wrote:CHANGELOG (Jan 13, 2020)
- New: Eternal Doom III (selection menu for standalone levels, level names and custom background story)
- AV: Minor updates for DEHACKED and MAPINFO
I don't see an attachment link for your file in the OP anymore. I think you deleted it when you updated.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Re: MAPINFO pack for some Doom WADs [v1.2]

Post by NightFright »

It didn't upload since max upload filesize is exceeded. I added a Dropbox download option now.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

I see the fix for Alien Vendetta uses the default Doom 2 par times, but av.exe actually had its own that, due to the limitations of vanilla DeHackEd, are only seen if you run that .exe in DosBox. I'm planning to rush through the whole thing with no monsters and noclip so I can write them all down.

EDIT: Done
Spoiler:
doomstuff

Post by doomstuff »

started in 2013 and only a handful of posts ? a choice or an amazingly useful and under-appreciated thread?

This thread idea is pretty cool.

Edit:
Spoiler:
Last edited by doomstuff on Mon May 25, 2020 7:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
sylandro

Post by sylandro »

Also mIght be a nice idea to add author names for each map, now that gzdoom supports it.
doomstuff

Post by doomstuff »

EDIT:
Not perfect but since this is all trial and error, unnecessary, time wasting nonsense it's ok i guess....

MAPINFO (Example: No End In Sight)
  • Includes Loading new E#M# Entries
  • Includes some Special Action
  • Load "Bonus Maps" as New Episode 5 - included
  • Uses Language.txt references (HUSTR)
  • Map Names with Authors
  • Add New Episode Example
MAPINFO or MAPINFO.text
Spoiler:
Language.text:
Spoiler:
Known Issues: (At Time Of Writing)
Spoiler:

Custom Episode #5 Example
MAPINFO (Example: Master Levels // The Correct way to order)

Note: The best way to order these is to Split the Maps into 2 Episodes
  • Split the Master Levels into 2 Episodes
  • Episode 1 Inferno Canto
  • Episode 2 Master Levels (the remaining Levels)
  • Maps Require Fixes, Some Maps have updated versions available not distributed the original Pack etc etc
  • Do not use a language.text file in this case, as it is a waste of time and space.
  • Notice i have fixed Maps and then renamed them to include "fixed"...
  • ... users will not have these files, therefore names will need to be adjusted accordingly.

Inferno Canto:
Spoiler:
Master Levels: (the remaining Levels)
Spoiler:
Doom 1 (with 48 Maps Instead of 45):
  • Episodes 1-4 + Episode 5 (Sigil)
  • E1M2 → (Secret exit) → Sewers (E1M10)
  • E1M4 → E1M4b (Romero's version)→ E1M5
  • E1M8 → E1M8b (Romero's version) → E2M1
Spoiler:
Doom 2:
Not sure what to do here, Maybe Add Nerve as an example {?}, but it's not really needed.
[*] Optional addition of Map02 Linked to "Betray" can be done...
[*] ... Users need to fix/add the LineDef, or add any LineDEF tagged "Secret" to somewhere they like.
Spoiler:
Links:
Attachments
ENDOOM.bin credits example
ENDOOM.bin credits example
Capture.PNG (8.43 KiB) Viewed 1655 times
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Version 1.3 released

Post by NightFright »

It might be hard to believe, but there's really an update! At long last, I have added DEHACKED support for all fixes that didn't have it, plus even some UMAPINFO love for three pwads since it made sense there. Oh, and you won't have to download that H2H-Xmas fix separately any more. (Note: DEHACKED files have BEX format, so no Chocolate Doom support, I'm afraid. Sorry! You can always use Crispy Doom in 200p resolution, though.)

There may be yet another update around the corner with a few additional pwads supported, so stay tuned!

*UPDATE 19:00*
Version 1.3 in OP replaced with second version containing DEHACKED syntax fixes for "Lost Episodes of Doom", "NMDU" and "Icarus". Also added UMAPINFO for "Icarus" to support the additional MAP25 intermission text.

CHANGELOG:
- Added: H2H-Xmas (previously available as separate download)
- DEHACKED added: Lost Episodes of Doom, NMDU, Hell to Pay (DECORATE removed), Icarus, Memento Mori, Memento Mori II, Perdition's Gate, The Rebirth
- UMAPINFO added: BF_THUD!, Eternal Doom III, Icarus
- Eternal Doom III: Bonus maps integrated into fix wad; music for bonus maps added
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Version 1.31 released

Post by NightFright »

Finally I found out why intermission backgrounds in H2H-Xmas and Icarus didn't work. Forgot that DEHACKED only supports flats as background images, but I used normal patches (which will be ignored by most ports except for GZDoom). Actually the hint was already dropped here in this very thread back in Dec 2019, I just didn't notice it for some reason. Anyway, I replaced the patch definitions with flats now, even though I couldn't use the same images as before like that.

*UPDATE*
Version 1.31 in OP replaced with second version containing a small DEHACKED fix for "Icarus".

CHANGELOG:
- Fixed: H2H-Xmas, Icarus (background tiles not shown during intermissions)
Bob Beaky
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: MAPINFO/DEHACKED for some Doom WADs [v1.31]

Post by Bob Beaky »

Great stuff. I just started playing through Icarus in Woof! for the first time so this is great timing for me. Thank you for your hard work. :)
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Version 1.32 released

Post by NightFright »

Changelog
- Fixed: Requiem (names for MAP25 and MAP26 were switched --> mistake in original release)

Return to “Resources”