[Weapons] Kirpi4's Weapons

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Snarboo

Re: [Weapons] Kirpi4's Weapons

Post by Snarboo »

Blox wrote:It looked okay for a concept sprite, but it doesn't really stand a chance against something that looks like this:
Why do you have to be such a showoff?

This isn't bad start, but I do agree with others that the base sprite needs some tweaking. I'd recommend using the 3D model as a base to draw and shade over. As it is, the 3D model by itself looks kind of flat.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Blox wrote:It looked okay for a concept sprite, but it doesn't really stand a chance against something that looks like this:
Really, get your own thread.
Blox

Post by Blox »

Oh, erm. Sorries. Just really didn't have any other things handy. (I don't exactly have a stash of other people's stuff. :p )
Probably figures why I should probably take care while doing things tired.

But the biggie really is that the gun is lacking severely in looks. Because it looks like it's the bare shape of a gun - without any definite shape so to say.

I mean the first thing that would probably improve the looks of it is if you replaced those lines along the top of the back of the gun (behind the sights) with a inward going bevel.
I did want to do so in this little example, but it got out of control pretty badly:
Very wobbly and not good at all - absolutely. But I never said I was good at this. :p

So to put it straight what I ended up doing (and I suck badly at gun design, so don't take it as solid advice) is adding a whole bunch of sharp shapes for no discernible reason. Other than making it look less like a basic shape.
I kind of tried to illustrate what the hell is going on here, but I'm not sure if it's decipherable (it certainly requires careful inspection);
Some simple changes would be making the part that's being held with the left hand rounded at the bottom (You don't want the sharp edges to cut your hand in the recoil, do you now!), and the clip seems a bit too wide.
Though the latter is excusable by saying that it's some big battery of some sorts, but the corners could still be rounded, even if just slightly.

Now pardon me, I think I should go snoozing.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

The more important issue, I'd say, was this one, which never got addressed:
Xaser wrote:If it's a rendered model now, then you really should work a bit on making the angle not so extreme while you still can. As Timmy pointed out, it's a neat design conceptually, but it's positioned such that Doomguy's going to have a hard time shooting at anything that's not to his left. :P
Kirpi4

Post by Kirpi4 »

Hm, i think it's good enough... Your shading is crazy, like it's made out from plasticine... :D

Blox

Post by Blox »

Well that certainly looks better, but I still insist on doing some rounding for aesthetic purposes. (90 Degree corners aren't particularly pleasant to have a tight grip on.)
Kirpi4

Post by Kirpi4 »

Hi guys! Sorry for long pause, today i'll gonna post new weapon =)
QuickShotGunman

Post by QuickShotGunman »

It's been a day for me,mate.
Any idle frames for it so far?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

QuickShotGunman wrote:It's been a day for me,mate.
Any idle frames for it so far?
Actually, it's only been 12 hours. I'd advise a bit more patience.
Kirpi4

Post by Kirpi4 »

You gonna laugh, but my PC is broken. I saved all the data on the portable HDD, but can't continue the work until buy a new PC - maybe at 12 january or near that date
Kirpi4

Post by Kirpi4 »

Hi guys.
Me and my friend started to develop FPS-game with sprites instead of models. So, because engine will be open-source, i'll share all the sprites we made.

Assault Rifle
The muzzleflash contains semi-transparent data, so background on that frames is transparent

How it looks in game:
Spoiler:
All the frames:
Spoiler:
All renders:
Spoiler:
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

Your art is excellent, i used to use 3dsmax and try to make sprites out of it. however, i have found that the only way to do it right is by doing it all by hand, using concepts like what you have in wireframe, then filling in the details. that being said, they're really neat designs but you can tell they are obviously 3d, we could use a full 3d mod for gzdoom though :)
Kirpi4

Post by Kirpi4 »

Oh, no problem. I just need doom's 3d hands
iSoTeRa

Post by iSoTeRa »

Kirpi4 wrote:Hi guys.
Today i finished this rifle, and made a strip of shooting/reloading anim.

Pulse Rifle MK-1

Frames:
Spoiler:
That is simply splended! How do you make these? Is there a specific program you use? I would love to learn how to make that kind of 3d weapons. I'm tired of making hand-made weapons because they never come out looking 3d like yours. :D

Return to “Resources”