[Resource] The flower garden

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Reactor

[Resource] The flower garden

Post by Reactor »

There is something I really miss from all resources, including this forum. And these are the plants and flowerz. Since such textures are scarce here - and on da Internet for that matter - I had no choice to create some all by myself. In case you'll need vegetation and plants, here are some for ya. More on their way.

The first two plants collection are primarily useful as wall patches. I know nothin' about how to use patches in (G)ZDoom map editors, but they're very useful to photoshop them onto walls, as these plants were destined to be on walls, not floor or ceiling. There is ivy, vines, and some more spectacular decorative houseplant, which should be useful on certain maps. Hey, I even made a berry bush!

The third collection has two seamless plant patterns which are useful as walls alone (they're cut to the size), and some plants which were meant to be static objects, not wall patches. The first 3 is wormwood, the second 3 is mugwort.

Oh yea...and death to Second Life marketplaceeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Attachments
Plants and vegetation 1
Plants and vegetation 1
Plants and vegetation 2
Plants and vegetation 2
Plants and vegetation 3
Plants and vegetation 3
BloodyAcid

Re: [Resource] The flower garden

Post by BloodyAcid »

Are these all palatted to Doom? They don't really look like it, though I could be wrong. Also, more plants and vegetations here
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

No, they're GZDoom-suited, and thus, unpaletted. I would't want to rape a perfectly beautiful flower just because a 20-years-old game still uses palettes, and would fuck the entire image up. After Tristania3D I decided that if I'll ever make a sequel for the game, that engine has to forget all possible palettes alltogether.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Personally, I prefer resources not to be in the Doom palette these days (unless they are specifically designed for it from the outset). If a resource is in its own palette, I can use it in GZDoom and I can also reduce it to the Doom palette (and tweak it if necessary) if I want it to be in the Doom palette. However, if something has already been reduced to the Doom palette (often harmfully) then the damage has been done and getting it back to something nicer for GZDoom is far more difficult than reducing a non-Doom palette graphic to the Doom palette. Also, not being in the Doom palette means that they have an equal chance of working in Doom, Heretic, Hexen, Strife...

Anyway, nice vegetation. Not particularly Doomy in as much as they don't carry much feel of hellish horror about them but they could be useful in a non-Doom themed map or used carefully in a more traditional map set too, or in other games.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

The plants were meant for "Hell on Earth" themed mods, particulary for village areas - but it's also useful for city levels (I missed the plants from Doom 2, apart from the dead trees), or a bio-dome research center. Enjay is certainly has a point - an unpaletted image can be transported into any palette, but a paletted image will not be able to fit in other games. This is the main reason why I never submit paletted images - except animations.

If you, fellow ZDoomers also have plants and vegetation in your possession which you wouldn't mind sharing, I would be more than happy to use and evaluate them. By the way, thank you for the Ream667 link for plants, the seaweed, winter set, and cacti are mighty useful.

I'll try to submit some more plants, this time, seamless covers.
BloodyAcid

Post by BloodyAcid »

Well, I guess it's my personal preference for Doom paletted stuff, since I don't mod with Hexen/Heretic, or play with truecolour .png's
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Here are the seamless floor-ceiling vegetation. All of them were hand-made seamless, and tileable & cut to the size. Oh yea, and since they're GZDoom-specified, all of them are unpaletted, blah-blah-blah...

(Damn, you really should extend the maximum image size to 512 KB)

It's weed. Don't stomp it - smoke it! :D :D :D
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Huh, I'm done with a few trees for ya. There are temperate and snowy type of trees, all of them are cut to the size. More to follow.
Attachments
Temperate style trees
Temperate style trees
Snowy trees
Snowy trees
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

I made some bushes and temperate trees today. I'll be working on more pine trees this week.
Attachments
Temperate tree collectionz
Temperate tree collectionz
Bush Collectionz
Bush Collectionz
BloodyAcid

Post by BloodyAcid »

A few of these could be useful. Thanks for the upload.

Btw, did you create all these by hand yourself? If not, could you list some credits please
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

The seamless surfaces and quite a lot of the plants were photographed and then hard-ripped by me. About the trees, well, they're hard-ripped models which are small enough to work as sprites. Removing the shitcrap from between the leaves and branches is a long and dirty work, but eventually it pays off :D
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Here are some more vegetation, and a few new bushes.
Attachments
Various plants
Various plants
Mostly bushes...
Mostly bushes...
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Enough of small plants for now, let's see some of them trees!!! :) These are small, and are perfect for indoor decorations as well.
Don't be a tree-sap...try them! :)
Attachments
Small tree collection
Small tree collection
TreeCollectionz5.PNG (112.15 KiB) Viewed 3622 times
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Various cactii for desert-themed maps. There'll be a lot more than these, but until then...
Attachments
Cactus variations
Cactus variations
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Seamless vines cut to da size, equally effective on walls, and on ground. They can be unimaginibly beautiful when combined with wrought iron fences, or so my experience tells me. Here they are.
Attachments
Seamless vines
Seamless vines

Return to “Resources”